ADVERTISEMENT

WCAL Week One

colhenrylives

Hall of Famer
Sep 25, 2009
Here we go. The WCAL schedule for the first week of league play:

Friday _ Bellarmine at St. Francis, 7 p.m.; Serra at SI, 7 p.m.
Saturday _ SHC at Riordan, 1:30 p.m.; Mitty at VC, 6 p.m.

St. Francis and Riordan are heavy favorites; Mitty and Serra are slight favorites.

Some of the speculation now comes to a close. We will start to get some answers.

Reactions: jordan24
lots of pressure on riordan this week to make a statement. if they don’t run the clock on shcp it would be a bad look.

mitty vs valley christian is huge for playoff seeding, because of the dumb ccs playoff format it actually ends up better for the loser of the game not the winner.

serra vs si is a waste of letters typing about as we all know how that goes. shutout

many of the games will likely be decided by the refs.
Good thing most people have you blocked - I'm almost there too. This comment is one of the definitions of a saddle burr. Yeah, refs have their part in the game and don't always get it right. But to throw this side comment about on-the-field wins just show how far you will go to get negative attention.

Last edited:
A good HS ref has 50x the rules knowledge of an average fan. Dragging them always seems bizarre to me.
i don't think your making the point you think you are. in fact you are proving my point.

if what you said is true then the refs know the rules and choose to enforce them wrong or make bad calls that influence games despite knowing the rules. the wcal in particular is known for its poor officiating.

this is not a secret. in fact it is an open secret that wcal officiating is designed to create controversy.

SI vs Serra is going to be a good game. SI is better than people think. Anything can happen on the road.
i'll tell you what can't happen. serra losing to si. this game is a 4 touchdown spread minimum, serra line play is way too good, way too consistent, they'll grind out the game in the second half and run away.

A good HS ref has 50x the rules knowledge of an average fan. Dragging them always seems bizarre to me.
Having been on the sidelines for many games as a somewhat unbiased chain gang crew, most of the fans get it wrong. But every game I see one or two ref errors. Only very rarely have I seen errors that alter the game outcome. It happens, but its like 1 or two games of the 100s of games I have observed.

Reactions: dcpanda and THEOC89
i don't think your making the point you think you are. in fact you are proving my point.

if what you said is true then the refs know the rules and choose to enforce them wrong or make bad calls that influence games despite knowing the rules. the wcal in particular is known for its poor officiating.

this is not a secret. in fact it is an open secret that wcal officiating is designed to create controversy.
You are under the impression that the league encourages officials to make incorrect calls?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT