ADVERTISEMENT

WCJ brackets are up

ClayK

Hall of Famer
Jun 25, 2001
You can go to

http://www.westcoastjamboree.org/page/show/3832263-2017-west-coast-jamboree-brackets

and fire away.

There were many requests from the 160 teams, and more from the Elite than from others. I won't get into Miramonte specifically, but I think it's fair to say that the vast majority of teams with postseason hopes have their eye on how their schedule might affect their postseason bracket and seeding.

And sometimes it's about developing your team, which means you might play up or down in a particular year because that what you feel that group might need.

The goal, however, was to create competitive brackets at all levels, though again there bound to be some teams that wind up in the wrong spot.

Thanks to all who are participating, and I hope to see you at some games.

You can go to

http://www.westcoastjamboree.org/page/show/3832263-2017-west-coast-jamboree-brackets

and fire away.

There were many requests from the 160 teams, and more from the Elite than from others. I won't get into Miramonte specifically, but I think it's fair to say that the vast majority of teams with postseason hopes have their eye on how their schedule might affect their postseason bracket and seeding.

And sometimes it's about developing your team, which means you might play up or down in a particular year because that what you feel that group might need.

The goal, however, was to create competitive brackets at all levels, though again there bound to be some teams that wind up in the wrong spot.

Thanks to all who are participating, and I hope to see you at some games.

Clay,

We know all Miramonte belongs in better bracket. Will not beat a dead horse there. Question from me is how in the world is Heritage in the 3rd bracket? They are tier 1 this season. They need to man up. And Chaminade top bracket are you kidding me? And if that’s not bad enough they get Mitty game 1? Why set up a 40-50 point blow out? ‘Nade is still living off that team from 2 years ago. They are not even top 15 in S Cal.

Three SJS teams in Platinum this year. Guess we can find out if any of these SJS teams can compete with other Sections and possibly be an Open Division team this year. (besides St Marys)
Three SJS teams in Diamond this year too. Actually surprised McClatchy not one of them though. Would have been good matchup for rematch of last year versus SHC. (instead of Edison)

So one factor is hosting -- Heritage wanted to host, and thus they get an Elite bracket. At the time we were working through all this, we thought Heritage was going to be pretty good, but at least for me, and so far, they have exceeded those expectations.

They do have Campolindo and McClatchy in that bracket, and Prairie is unbeaten. Kinkaid, coached by former Antioch star Stacey (Johnson) Marshall, is 12-1, so it's not as if that's going to be a walkover.

Reactions: basketba11
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT