ADVERTISEMENT

Week 0 Notes

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
I'm going to be adding more notes throughout the week, but here is some stuff I've come across so far.

Bay Area scrimmages to watch for

Cosumnes Oaks-Oak Ridge has been moved to Thursday night. Yuba City-Vanden has been moved to Saturday night

The Lodi-Grant game has been postponed September 17 due to COVID issues at Lodi

Casa Roble is returning its entire offensive line

Sophomore Garrison Reis will start at QB for Manteca while incoming transfer (from Downey) Hudson Wyatt sits out the transfer period

Colfax is looking for a game after Hug-Nevada, which wasn't able to get the necessary practices in due to smoke in the Reno area.

These kids can’t get a break. Fires are really bad in norcal. I could see games in Sacramento /Foothills cancelled. What next!

Last edited:
For those of us without a Modesto Bee login, where is Beau Green going now? Thought he transferred to Mater Dei last spring?
Mater Dei then back to Turlock. Now at Madera according to the story. If you count Turlock twice, I think this is his 6th school

For those of us without a Modesto Bee login, where is Beau Green going now? Thought he transferred to Mater Dei last spring?
Nevermind, I found him on the central section transfer list to Madera. But then he was also added to the Downey High school roster yesterday on MaxPreps with his brother Logan? What is up with this kid? Downey to Modesto Christian to Turlock to Mater Dei to Turlock to Madera and back to Downey...

Nevermind, I found him on the central section transfer list to Madera. But then he was also added to the Downey High school roster yesterday on MaxPreps with his brother Logan? What is up with this kid? Downey to Modesto Christian to Turlock to Mater Dei to Turlock to Madera and back to Downey...
He (Green) saw only a little action with Turlock this spring as he was injured for the first few games, alternating with Cole Gilbert, only a sophomore. Frankly, Gilbert looked better. They alternated series and Green must have been sacked four or five times in the Pitman game alone. Maybe he's counting on summer camp performances.

At least the maps I saw today, I think it should be clear by Friday. Of course that could change before I push the Reply button

raining ash in spots around greater sac this am. We need winds to shift bad later today. It will be game time decision. Many frosh games were cancelled yesterday. This sucks

Joe Davidson of the Sacramento Bee said on Twitter that schools have until 2:00 PM to postpone or cancel games with the referees.

Whitney-Franklin EG has also been moved to Saturday

Reactions: PortCityCoach
Schedule for this Weekend for Top 35 Teams

#2 Folsom at #5 Monterey Trail

#9 Lincoln-Stockton at Edison-Stockton

#27 Turlcok at #14 Rocklin

Cosumnes Oaks at #17 Oak Ridge

#18 Elk Grove at Inderkum

Davis at #22 Vacaville

#23 Granite Bay at Vista del Lago

Downey at #30 Manteca

Merced at #31 Merced

Sonora at #35 Oakdale

I believe an AQI under 150 is the magic number set by CIF. The AQI forecast for today varies by website, I have seen anywhere from 146 - 201 for today.
I dont beleive the CIF has a magic number. With a state so large there isnt really a number that they can say is good for all schools. Southern Section and LA Section are used to poor air quality. I believe each section has their own magic number.

Matchups on th fly are still around. Antelope is now scheudled to play Rio Americano on Saturday.

Both teams had cancellations today

Matchups on th fly are still around. Antelope is now scheudled to play Rio Americano on Saturday.

Both teams had cancellations today

I think it's great that these teams/schools are able to put together a game on the fly and with such short notice.

Now, whether or not some of these postponements and short notice games still get played on SAT is still up in the air....

I'm just glad they are trying hard. These kids deserve it.

Reactions: concrete17
FWIW -- we've been seeing this trend for a few years now but the reality is still sad to see. It's one thing to not be able to field a frosh team. But no JV when combining both frosh/soph classes? At schools that don't have super small enrollment numbers??

Sad, very sad to see.

I think it's great that these teams/schools are able to put together a game on the fly and with such short notice.

Now, whether or not some of these postponements and short notice games still get played on SAT is still up in the air....

I'm just glad they are trying hard. These kids deserve it.
I agree, this is a great thing for schools to come together to get games in

Reactions: ThunderRam
Catching a bit of the scrimmage game between Los Gatos and Valley Christian. Holy smokes, VC look like they are fielding a team less than 30 players. Are all the VC players here? If so, they are in serious trouble this year and maybe for years to come.

Reactions: MC415
Nevada Union senior Gabe Baker threw for five touchdowns, ran for a score and had double digit tackles in the 44-34 win over Bella Vista. Baker is going to put up some more big stat lines this season

Quick note to close out the opening week. Turlock played without its starting QB in the 41-0 loss to Rocklin. I'm not saying it changes the outcome, but contributes to a very surprising score

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT