ADVERTISEMENT

Week 1 Update

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
I will keep adding notes on some of the top games, but a quick look at who is still playing, who is postponing and who has canceled with no reschedule

#7 Valley Christian beat #20 Wilcox 54-33

#9 Menlo-Atherton at Bellarmine
Tamalpais at #11 McClymonds
#15 St. Francis at #33 Central Catholic
#14 Marin Catholic at El Cerrito
#16 Oak Ridge at #22 Vacaville
#23 Granite Bay at Davis
Mitty at #24 Palma
#30 Campolindo at Moreau Catholic
Mills at #31 Aptos
Oak Grove at #19 Los Gatos
Pinole Valley at #21 Benicia
Patterson at #32 Manteca

#1 De La Salle at #6 St. Mary’s-Stockton: Varsity is scheduled for 11 AM on Saturday

#5 Monterey Trail at Cosumnes Oaks: Game is postponed. Trying to reschedule

#12 Clayton Valley Charter at #29 Turlock: Varsity is scheduled for 10 AM on Saturday

#10 Jesuit at #2 Folsom: Game is postponed. They will try to play at 6:00 PM on Monday.

#13 Rocklin at Capital Christian: Game is postponed. They are looking to play on Saturday or September 10.

Grant at #27 Inderkum: Game is postponed. Scheduled to play at 7:15 PM on Monday.

Bishop O’Dowd at #25 Liberty: Rescheduled for October 1.

#3 Serra at #4 Pittsburg: Game is canceled. Pittsburg is looking for a 10th game on September 24.

#26 Vintage at #8 San Ramon Valley: Game is canceled.

#17 Edison-Stockton: Game against Oakdale was canceled and rescheduled game against #34 Pleasant Valley was also canceled.

#18 Lincoln-Stockton: Game against Pitman was canceled. Rescheduled game against Downey was also canceled.

Antelope at #28 Elk Grove: Game canceled due to COVID issues.

Last edited:
What a mess... Between the fires' AQI and Covid protocol, we haven't had a normal HSFB season since 2018.

It's like movie Ground Hog Day with Bill Murray - I feel like I'm waking up to the shortened 4-5 game season from earlier this year - cancelations, postponed games, scrimmages which don't count, players out due to contact tracing and no vaccinations, etc.

The Serra-Pitt game which was widely hyped being canceled is telling as to where we're headed. Serra has an undetermined number of players out due to contact tracing and not being vaccinated. That coupled with Serra's coach Walsh quoted as being non-comital as to vaccines "that's not my job" may point to the direction we're headed unfortunately. As FBAddict stated "What a mess..."

Damn was sure looking forward tonite to Serra-Pitt & DLS-SM's as well as others..
Maybe I'm wrong & maybe better next week I hope - everyone be careful out there.... :(

Reactions: THEOC89
Per Riordan’s Twitter: Riordan @ Granada rescheduled for Monday @ 6pm

newman and SL going down to wire
sL driving with under 3. SL gets a pi call on 4th and 10 and gets automatic 1st.
SL impressive 2nd half

After watching that Newman will struggle to go 5-5 this year.

agreed especially with that schedule. They shouldn’t have lost to SL but their game speed, play calling, and lack of any real playmakers (besides Acevedo) is of concern. It’s like they went back in time….. that loss hurts

Here is the latest update I have been able to piece together including results from last night

#7 Valley Christian beat #20 Wilcox 54-33

#21 Benicia beat Pinole Valley 62-6

#24 Palma beat Mitty 47-0

#14 Marin Catholic beat El Cerrito 6-0

Bellarmine beat #9 Menlo-Atherton 56-41

#11 McClymonds beat Tamalpais 63-3

#22 Vacaville beat #16 Oak Ridge 17-10

#23 Granite Bay beat Davis 56-13

#32 Manteca beat Patterson 44-17

#30 Campolindo beat Moreau Catholic 56-21

#1 De La Salle at #6 St. Mary’s-Stockton: The game is scheduled for today, but it won't be in Stockton due to poor air quality.

#12 Clayton Valley Charter at #29 Turlock: Varsity is scheduled for 10 AM on Saturday

#10 Jesuit at #2 Folsom: Game is postponed. They will try to play at 6:00 PM on Monday.

#5 Monterey Trail and #19 Los Gatos are scheduled to play on Saturday at 2:00 PM

#13 Rocklin at Capital Christian: Game is postponed. They are looking to play on Saturday or September 10.

Grant at #27 Inderkum: Game is postponed. Scheduled to play at 7:15 PM on Monday.

#15 St. Francis at #33 Central Catholic: Game was postponed. Scheduled to play at 11:00 AM on Saturday.

Bishop O’Dowd at #25 Liberty: Rescheduled for October 1.

#3 Serra at #4 Pittsburg: Game is canceled. Pittsburg is looking for a 10th game on week of September 24.

#26 Vintage at #8 San Ramon Valley: Game is canceled.

#17 Edison-Stockton: Game against Oakdale was canceled and rescheduled game against #34 Pleasant Valley was also canceled.

#18 Lincoln-Stockton: Game against Pitman was canceled. Rescheduled game against Downey was also canceled.

Antelope at #28 Elk Grove: Game canceled due to COVID issues.

Reactions: FBAddict
Here's some info from SportStars:

Saturday morning scheduling update latest: - DLS @ Stockton is OFF, though teams exploring possibly moving game to Concord (last reported by
@DarrenSabedra)
St Francis @ Central Catholic has been cancelled.
Clayton Valley @ Turlock is now on Monday; 330 for JV, 530 varsity.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT