ADVERTISEMENT

Week 4 Scoreboard

Turlock gets first win over Clovis West 23-10. Starting quarterback Gilbert and backup quarterback both out with injuries so WR Peter Mello steps in and manages the victory. Turlock line took over both sides of the ball in second half with strong running attack and a few key passes. A bye next week and then the annual Harvest Bowl with Pitman.

Burlingame 26, Homestead 13

Capuchino 56, Washington (SF) 6

Mountain View 24, Sacred Heart Prep 21

Los Gatos 49, Half Moon Bay 21

Cupertino 26, Woodside 19

Hillsdale 34, Sequoia 14

Gunn 49, Yerba Buena 6

Salinas 42, Aptos 14

Palma 47, MV Christian 13

Last edited:
A few final scores

#1 Folsom beat #20 Oak Ridge 54-7
#3 De La Salle beat Cathedral Catholic 49-21
#5 Pittsburg beat Wilcox 31-26
#7 Rocklin beat Whitney 39-7
#10 McClymonds beat #13 Marin Catholic 33-22
#11 Los Gatos beat Half Moon Bay 49-21
#14 Granite Bay beat #25 Del Oro 28-14
#15 Bellarmine beat #8 Central Catholic 28-21
#18 Cardinal Newman beat De Anza 37-21
#21 St. Mary’s-Stockton beat Bishop O’Dowd 42-6
#23 Palma beat Monte Vista Christian 47-13
Campolindo beat #17 San Leandro 34-27
Salinas beat #22 Aptos 42-14
Monte Vista beat #28 Liberty 21-14
Capital Christian beat Vista del Lago 62-40
Mountain View beat Sacred Heart Prep 24-21

Bellarmine 28 Central Catholic 21
CC had a chance to tie it but the Bells intercept pass in end zone as time expires.

I know I’m in the minority. But I’m not going to be surprised if Cal High doesn’t end up being the second best team in the NCS when all is said and done this year. I’ll take a Calcagno lead team over anyone besides DLS. The guy can coach.
Agree, there was a stretch at San Leandro where he went 48-4 with all 4 losses coming to the hands of DLS. He sure looks to have Cal High on a roll.

That’s what most thought about DLS v. St. Francis.
DLS will be so much better tested coming into the game. They will have played Saint Francis, CC, and SFA. That level doesn’t compare to Folsom’s OR, Grant, and DO Inwhich Folsom will win by 40+. I’ve seen Folsom play 3x this year and there offense is amazing. Great in all facets. Truly fun to watch. I just don’t see there defense being able to stop DLS. Pit had not problem running the ball. DLS will control the ball and clock. Maybe I’m wrong but I just don’t see it happening. I will be there and it should be spirited. (Even though we both agree praire city stadium isn’t our favorite venue)

Reactions: aztecpadre
Pit had not problem running the ball.
Except for that pesky 2nd half where they couldn’t score anymore.

I think that just as it was easy to ring the alarm bells when DLS lost to SF, it’s easy to relax on the sofa over this win against Cathedral Catholic. These next two games remain very dangerous for the Spartans.

I think the SDS, in general, is down this year.

Reactions: FBAddict
That’s what most thought about DLS v. St. Francis.
DLS Underestimated SF because the last time they played DLS beat them 48-0, these are HS kids and that stuff happens….

And Even with SF dominating the first half of the game DLS had the lead in the 4Th Quarter and was a Dropped Pic in the end zone away from winning that game….

The SF game was a wake up call, If DLS played SF again the score would look like it did last night….

Reactions: aztecpadre
Except for that pesky 2nd half where they couldn’t score anymore.

I think that just as it was easy to ring the alarm bells when DLS lost to SF, it’s easy to relax on the sofa over this win against Cathedral Catholic. These next two games remain very dangerous for the Spartans.

I think the SDS, in general, is down this year.
The Difference is that DLS is an even Better second half Team and Far Better Coached then PITT….

Also, that was Nor Cal’s Best win this year (Other Then SF Beating DLS) the SDS may be down but SDCC could win any league in Nor Cal other then the EBAL…. They are a 50/50 game against any of Our Top Teams up here except for DLS….

To Me SDCC looked no different then SF did, the Difference was how DLS played a Whole game and Not Just one Half…

I’ve had the pleasure of watching Folsom a lot over the past 15-20 years. This is a very good team. They have some kids who don’t get the publicity (exkland is a beast) as some of the others. There o line is awesome. But defense I just see DLS chewing them up. I will be in the crowd. I just want to see a close game

This game should not have been this close. I don’t think Wilcox is that good. No one is going to tell me that Hollister could play with Pittsburg. I’m willing to accept this was an off night for the Pirates.
What surprise me is Wilcox defense shut down Pitt offense in second half. I can see starting game off slow but you would think Pitt would have been better in second half with what is thought to be inferior team. Wilcox coaching is excellent and those kids almost game back and pulled out a miracle.

DLS will be so much better tested coming into the game. They will have played Saint Francis, CC, and SFA. That level doesn’t compare to Folsom’s OR, Grant, and DO Inwhich Folsom will win by 40+. I’ve seen Folsom play 3x this year and there offense is amazing. Great in all facets. Truly fun to watch. I just don’t see there defense being able to stop DLS. Pit had not problem running the ball. DLS will control the ball and clock. Maybe I’m wrong but I just don’t see it happening. I will be there and it should be spirited. (Even though we both agree praire city stadium isn’t our favorite venue)
True dat. The Folsom defense will have to play like the 2018 squad and, if they do, they have a shot. But that's going to be a challenge. Excellent team....just rolled OR last night. Wipe out.

I’m not saying DLS won’t win. I’d certainly bet my $$$ on them.

That said, whom they were tested against and how it compares to whom Folsom has played previously doesn’t guarantee a thing.

I mean, DLS had been tested more than SF coming into their game, as the Spartans had played 2 opponents compared to 1 and St. Mary’s is better than Oak Grove. None of it mattered. A myriad more examples can be cited.

In the end the better team will likely win.

Regardless the tongue-in-cheek point remains. Nobody expected SF to win but they did.
If Folsom is to do what SF did it’ll be because they matchup well enough on the lines. If they don’t they won’t.

It’s really that simple.

DLS Underestimated SF because the last time they played DLS beat them 48-0, these are HS kids and that stuff happens….
Among cop outs, this is the biggest cop out there is.

Pray tell… who exactly was doing the underestimating? Alambaugh? Was he telling the kids not to worry about the game?

Or was it the players who weren’t even on the varsity squad the last time they played SF?

Pray tell… who exactly was doing the underestimating? Alambaugh? Was he telling the kids not to worry about the game?

Or was it the players who weren’t even on the varsity squad the last time they played SF?

on any given night. SF made the plays to win and DLS didn’t. I doubt DLS underestimated any of these teams. Just Not in there dna. You can be confident but be prepared. The wcal has some great teams and players. It wasn’t like DLS lost to McClatchy

We shall see what happens but from I am seeing from Mark Tennis’ direct comment to me as well as his rankings of teams, he seems to think that DLS will have a hard time with Folsom this year. He stated that DLS will have to play much better than they did against SF (particularly on the turnover front) to keep up with Folsom (and Tennis never downplays DLS). I am not saying Folsom is guaranteed to win but I think people are vastly underestimating Folsom.
When Folsom’s schedule came out people were praising them for their game against Pitt (many saying it could be Pitt’s best team in years) and many were also saying that Pitt would end up beating Folsom ...and now that Folsom dominated the second half against Pitt...somehow they didnt do enough to prove themselves....you cant have it both ways

we will know more Oct 8...looking forward to it...will be a great game

It was 100% The Players…. I know you think you are “The Smartest Guy” in the room and I fully Appreciate all your excellent posts here and on the National Board but you don’t know everything….

I know what I know and DLS proved on the Field what I know…They Beat SDCC by 4 TD’s, SDCC has 3 D1 Linemen, a D1 RB, WR and QB…. If you don’t think they would roll SF if they played again, I respect your opinion…. But I Totally Disagree…. 🍻

We shall see what happens but from I am seeing from Mark Tennis’ direct comment to me as well as his rankings of teams, he seems to think that DLS will have a hard time with Folsom this year.
@pastyfastquick3 …. You are Trying way too Hard…. We have already Discredited Mark Tennis’s Apparent Written Comments that “SDCC is Better Then Any Recent DLS Team”…. I don’t know if those comments actually exist or not but you are the one who said he wrote them….

Now you are saying Mark Tennis Told You whatever you said Quoted Above…. 🤣

Next Time You Talk To Mark Tennis, Tell Him @THEOC89 said that His Comment about SDCC being better then any DLS Team in recent memory is one of the most inaccurate things anyone who has watched HS Football Over the last 25 years has ever said…. 🤣🤣

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT