ADVERTISEMENT

West Campus V. Folsom

Folsom won 62-25. They were up 8 at halftime and went on an 18-0 run
And the game was at West Campus too. Joe Davidson of the SacBee newspaper tweeted 62-26 final score. I think it was just a bad night for West Campus. Comes down to any given night. For example, West Campus beat McClatchy and outscored them in every quarter on Nov. 30.
McClatchy beat Pleasant Valley of Chico by 20 points on Dec. 1.
Pleasant Valley of Chico beat Folsom by two points on Dec. 7.
Folsom plays at McClatchy on Dec. 20. I think Folsom beats McClatchy soundly--playing excellent basketball right now. Folsom beat Elk Grove last night too.

Reactions: Paytc
It has been good to see some of the top teams in Sacramento playing each other early in the year. Setting up a pretty good pecking order

And the game was at West Campus too. Joe Davidson of the SacBee newspaper tweeted 62-26 final score. I think it was just a bad night for West Campus. Comes down to any given night. For example, West Campus beat McClatchy and outscored them in every quarter on Nov. 30.
McClatchy beat Pleasant Valley of Chico by 20 points on Dec. 1.
Pleasant Valley of Chico beat Folsom by two points on Dec. 7.
Folsom plays at McClatchy on Dec. 20. I think Folsom beats McClatchy soundly--playing excellent basketball right now. Folsom beat Elk Grove last night too.

I've always thought (minus the fear factor)there wasn't a whole lot that separates many of the mid to top level girls basketball teams. That is why coaching can make a huge difference IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: CoachDViks
And don't forget that Enterprise beat Folsom ... Redding's best may be a major force this year.

My bad ... shouldn't rely on my memory before the caffeine kicks in. Pleasant Valley, now 3-3, beat Folsom 59-57.

I've always thought (minus the fear factor)there wasn't a whole lot that separates many of the mid to top level girls basketball teams. That is why coaching can make a huge difference IMO.
I agree totally with your statement Paytc. Especially between the top 4 Sac teams Folsom, West Campus, McClatchy and Sac High, these teams are all very talented and not a whole lot separating them this year. Coaching will definitely be a difference, and also I think match-ups can come into play. West Campus and Sac both extremely talented and quick guards that can shoot. Folsom and McClatchy has much more size this year. Schemes, defensive adjustments, offensive execution can be a factor in these games. Very surprised Folsom beat WC so big, but they did blow out Antelope and Christian Brothers as well who have good teams. Despite those blow outs, they barely beat Elk Grove in OT by 2 and lost to PV. Next week's game versus McClatchy will be interesting! Glad to see Folsom playing the top teams this year including Platinum Division at WCJ!

I think this year everyone is Fighting for 3 through 20 in the ranking. There are only 2 teams that's are Consistent thus year and that's SMS and Mitty. The question that I have to ask !!! Is this year talent level on the decline like it has been since 2013 ???? I heard that overall from scouts and you probably have Streak One and Clay!!!!

The last good class was 2016.
1) Ionescu (MM) Oregon
2) Cayton ( SMS) Cal
3) McDonald (BC) UW but at UA
4) Moore ( Salesian) USC

All these you ladies made major impact their Freshmen year.

Last edited:
I think Aquira DeCosta and Haley Jones are right up there with that group ... but it all goes in cycles, here and around the country. One year Minnesota produced 22 D-1 players; recently the DMV has been loaded while Georgia has faded a bit.

We've had a great run, especially in Stockton, but sooner or later the wheel turns.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT