ADVERTISEMENT

Where will Benicia & the Vallejo Schools be in the NCS?

ncscalfootball

Hall of Famer
May 24, 2011
I believe Benicia will be somewhere in the Diablo Foothill/Valley League, but where will the Vallejo Schools be? Anyone got info on all of these schools 2018 Football Schedule? Thanks

Vallejo and Bethel will be headed to the Bay Shore Athletic Conference, which consists of the Tri-County Athletic League, the Mission Valley Athletic League and the West Alameda County Conference. Those leagues consist of teams such as St. Patrick-St. Vincent, Salesian, Piedmont, Moreau Catholic, Encinal and Berkeley. What league Vallejo and Bethel will join was up in the air as of April 2017. Not sure if finalized.

Benicia was approved to join the Valley Conference. The conference consists of the Diablo Athletic League, the Bay Valley League and the East Bay League. These leagues consist of teams such as Clayton Valley Charter, Alhambra, Campolindo, De La Salle, Deer Valley, Berean Christian, Mt. Diablo, Concord and Pittsburg. I believe their preference is the Diablo Athletic league. Will check to see if these leagues were finalized. DLS moved back into the EBAL.

Just determined this month (Feb 2018)

Diablo Valley League - Valley Conference (8 teams)
Benicia

Berean Christian,
Mt. Diablo,
Collage Park
Concord
Las Lomas
Mt Diablo
Ygnacio Valley

Benecia will probably compete at the bottom half of the league. If they play like they were a few years back they could be competitive in this league but will have to be much better than last year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paloma
Tri-County Athletic League
Stone Conference - 2018/2019 season

Albany
De Anza
Jesse Bethel
John Swett
Pinole Valley
Richmond
Vallejo

Bethel and Vallejo will probably compete at middle or among top. Probably a good league for them both.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paloma
Just determined this month (Feb 2018)

Diablo Valley League - Valley Conference (8 teams)
Benicia

Berean Christian,
Mt. Diablo,
Collage Park
Concord
Las Lomas
Mt Diablo
Ygnacio Valley

Benecia will probably compete at the bottom half of the league. If they play like they were a few years back they could be competitive in this league but will have to be much better than last year.

Why would you expect Benicia to play at the bottom half of this league? They would have been the top rated team based on calpreps last year. Just curious where your perspective comes from?

Why would you expect Benicia to play at the bottom half of this league? They would have been the top rated team based on calpreps last year. Just curious where your perspective comes from?
GUYS.....For every bodies information,Benicia went 6-4 for the season and and 2-2 in league play...They took their lumps in 2017 and lost to Granada 21-6,Vanden 52-7,American Canyon 41-7 and a pounding by Christian Bros. 59-0 in the plsayoffs...The Panthers will be a senor laden team with a young QB in Kameron Lane or a QB moving up from the JV's....The JV's went 6-2-1 for the season, so Benicia will give teams a battle..

They will ha
GUYS.....For every bodies information,Benicia went 6-4 for the season and and 2-2 in league play...They took their lumps in 2017 and lost to Granada 21-6,Vanden 52-7,American Canyon 41-7 and a pounding by Christian Bros. 59-0 in the plsayoffs...The Panthers will be a senor laden team with a young QB in Kameron Lane or a QB moving up from the JV's....The JV's went 6-2-1 for the season, so Benicia will give teams a battle..[/QUOTE Benicia will have the Lane twins returning at QB and RB respectively, as well as Aaron Jenkins at RB. They also will have a returning all league receiver in Harris. Skill positions aren’t a problem. Line play is. They will go as far as their lines on both sides of the ball permit.It cost them big time last year

They will ha
REMC....It all depends on which league Benicia goes into, if they enter the DFAL valley they will be tough to handle but if they wind up in the Foothill, thats another story, they could very well be fighting for their lives..

REMC....It all depends on which league Benicia goes into, if they enter the DFAL valley they will be tough to handle but if they wind up in the Foothill, thats another story, they could very well be fighting for their lives..
Agree, and I think they will end up in the DFAL Valley, so I like their chances of being relevant there.I see them consistently being around 6-4 or 7-3 in that league

In retrospect and looking more at the teams, I have to change my position for Benicia. It looks like they will compete at the top. I didn't go to any DFAL or DVAL games last season and it looks like the league really took a dive as did Benicia. Concord had a different coach and uncertain if they will rebound back to playing good football. Alhambra is up or down as is College Park. Ignacio Valley and Las Lomas haven't played at levels of the past. It looks like the teams in the league were exceptionally down as was Benicia. If they all rebound back to average- Benicia should compete at the top.

Wut happened to the Coach at Concord? They have a new one? Thank you
Hamilton left after 2015 season and he had some very strong years usually in the top 3 in the league and often top two (in league with Clayton Valley). After Hamilton, Bywaters took over the team as HC in 2016 ended in the bottom half of the DVAL that year, and last season Paul Reynaud's team ended last in the league. Met Hamilton at a house party one time as many on his staff went to Concord High with my wife. Seemed like a nice group of coaches. Seems the program was in good hands as far as coaching. Hamilton left Concord for Cal as a quality control coach and recruiting for offense under head coach Sonny Dykes and currently is OL coach at Murray State a NCAA Division I program in the Ohio Valley Conference. Hamilton is a former East Bay coach of the year. Not sure if the same coach or a new one will be HC this year. Just seems the program has under performed the last couple years, but the league also seems a down so maybe it is a cycle, but looks like Concord is underperforming so far under the current regime.

Hamilton left after 2015 season and he had some very strong years usually in the top 3 in the league and often top two (in league with Clayton Valley). After Hamilton, Bywaters took over the team as HC in 2016 ended in the bottom half of the DVAL that year, and last season Paul Reynaud's team ended last in the league. Met Hamilton at a house party one time as many on his staff went to Concord High with my wife. Seemed like a nice group of coaches. Seems the program was in good hands as far as coaching. Hamilton left Concord for Cal as a quality control coach and recruiting for offense under head coach Sonny Dykes and currently is OL coach at Murray State a NCAA Division I program in the Ohio Valley Conference. Hamilton is a former East Bay coach of the year. Not sure if the same coach or a new one will be HC this year. Just seems the program has under performed the last couple years, but the league also seems a down so maybe it is a cycle, but looks like Concord is underperforming so far under the current regime.

I think anytime you have a 3 year varsity qb decide to not play his senior year....things are going to be rough I wouldn't necessarily put it on the first year HC. I think this year will be telling for Concord.

I think anytime you have a 3 year varsity qb decide to not play his senior year....things are going to be rough I wouldn't necessarily put it on the first year HC. I think this year will be telling for Concord.
RCR1734.....is right, when Nick Nunez called it quits after the second game, the Minutemen fell apart and it wasn't the HC's fault, they have a couple of QB's for next year and there should be marked improvement.

I thought Nunes had an offer from Southern Mississippi or some where else...to throw all that away is something else...well hopefully they may improve

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT