ADVERTISEMENT

While most of you were watchin' football...

kiddman32

Hall of Famer
Nov 25, 2012
I've noticed that a few of this upcoming season's hoop schedules are starting to show up at Maxpreps and elsewhere, and I have been sked-mining like crazy!

Of course, my center of focus is the fabulous Campolindo Cougars... Looks like all 26 games are on Maxpreps now... Last couple trickled onto the site in the last few days.

The Cougs' coach (Steven Dyer, CIF Coach of the Year if ya need him!) has dialed up a strong slate for the boys...

https://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/campolindo-cougars-(moraga,ca)/basketball/schedule.htm

Opener at Newark vs. Mitty, then the Russ Peterich tournament at Montgomery...

Then on to the loaded Gridley tournament followed by a non-league tilt v. Sacred Heart Prep (SF).

December closes with a bang, at the Modesto Christian tourney,

Jan. 4 sees the Cougs hosting St. Mary's of Stockton, which has been a thorn in the Cougs' side the last couple years... Maybe we'll get 'em this time!

Of course, the league schedule follows, and they have a TBA opponent at the always-terrific MLK Classic at St. Mary's College mixed in there.

Here's a GREAT game to circle on your calendar! Tues. Dec. 10, Weston Ranch at Riordan! Winner of that battle could very well be the favorite at Gridley which starts two days after that...

Plenty of other great games coming up, too... Sheldon's great show the Saturday before MLK comes to mind as well as practically the entire WCAL schedule for you West Bay fans...

I just hope I can get to 'em all this year... My 91-year-old mother (whom I am live-in caretaker for) has a lot of tough health conditions, and fell a few weeks ago and broke her ankle in two places... I have family nearby that helps cover for me and frees me up a whole lot, but there may be times I just can't get away.

I'm wondering how many schools won't use MaxPreps at all this year due to the CIF switch to Scorebook Live? I see schedules are slowly but surely coming up on it as well.

I've noticed that a few of this upcoming season's hoop schedules are starting to show up at Maxpreps and elsewhere, and I have been sked-mining like crazy!

Of course, my center of focus is the fabulous Campolindo Cougars... Looks like all 26 games are on Maxpreps now... Last couple trickled onto the site in the last few days.

The Cougs' coach (Steven Dyer, CIF Coach of the Year if ya need him!) has dialed up a strong slate for the boys...

https://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/campolindo-cougars-(moraga,ca)/basketball/schedule.htm

Opener at Newark vs. Mitty, then the Russ Peterich tournament at Montgomery...

Then on to the loaded Gridley tournament followed by a non-league tilt v. Sacred Heart Prep (SF).

December closes with a bang, at the Modesto Christian tourney,

Jan. 4 sees the Cougs hosting St. Mary's of Stockton, which has been a thorn in the Cougs' side the last couple years... Maybe we'll get 'em this time!

Of course, the league schedule follows, and they have a TBA opponent at the always-terrific MLK Classic at St. Mary's College mixed in there.

Here's a GREAT game to circle on your calendar! Tues. Dec. 10, Weston Ranch at Riordan! Winner of that battle could very well be the favorite at Gridley which starts two days after that...

Plenty of other great games coming up, too... Sheldon's great show the Saturday before MLK comes to mind as well as practically the entire WCAL schedule for you West Bay fans...

I just hope I can get to 'em all this year... My 91-year-old mother (whom I am live-in caretaker for) has a lot of tough health conditions, and fell a few weeks ago and broke her ankle in two places... I have family nearby that helps cover for me and frees me up a whole lot, but there may be times I just can't get away.

That’s not a bad schedule by an stretch but would think after winning a state title and returning almost everyone they would of stepped up into the Las Vegas, Palm Springs or San Diego top division.

That’s not a bad schedule by an stretch but would think after winning a state title and returning almost everyone they would of stepped up into the Las Vegas, Palm Springs or San Diego top division.
i mean if you have the coach of the year, the player of the year and kiddman you probably should be playing in some national tournaments and not in 3 northern California ones... especially anything in santa rosa.
at least to torrey pines for the scenery

Reactions: SF_Mikey
i mean if you have the coach of the year, the player of the year and kiddman you probably should be playing in some national tournaments and not in 3 northern California ones... especially anything in santa rosa.
at least to torrey pines for the scenery
It's only a matter of time before Campo is invited to a top tier tourney, probably during Aidan Mahaney's senior or junior year

Reactions: ayalar09
Def shouldn’t be in the Russ Pererich this year. (Monty tourney) Newman and Monty are both down. Monte Vista always solid though. But campo should breeze. Otherwise Gridley and MC are very good tourneys. Nothing wrong with those. So yeah probably missed out on 1 good big scal tourney with that returning team. Only weakness I see is size but speed and 3pt shot has negated a lot of that.

Dunno who's gonna be at Montgomery tourney this year... If it's anything like the last few years, not a lot will be known about who's playing until as late as a couple days before the tourney.

Folsom has been there in the fairly recent past, as well as Escondido, a Dan Diego Section team that often goes far in their section playoffs.

(I digress here: It was in a semi vs. Escondido in 2015 that the magic began for the Cougs' super NorCal championship season... They had lost to Monty in a semi the night before and missed out on a shot at Jordan Ford and Folsom, and were playing poorly and fell way behind Escondido early. They fell behind by 17 (as I watched the horror online), but then there was an off-camera altercation of some sort, I believe sometime in the 3rd quarter... It seemed that right then was when the Cougs rallied together. They not only caught up, but they raced right on past 'em with a 27-6 4th quarter, winning by 14. Many amazing Coug triumphs followed...)

But yeah, if the field is at last year's overall level, it *looks* like the Cougs should have little trouble notching their 3rd straight Peterich title.

Reactions: cityfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT