ADVERTISEMENT

With football camps starting up how does 2022 and 2023 classes look?

NorCalSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 25, 2001
With a little over 2 months before Fall practices start and camps starting to ramp, who will be the top prospects in Norcal?

Folsom has some stallions.
A couple 4 and potentially 1 5 star Player. (Walker Lyons) in fact Lyons could end up the most highly recruited player out of SJS since Shaq Thompson and Jonah Williams. Crazy kid has offers from Bama, LSU, auburn, etc... what is weird to me is I knew Williams and Thompson were both guys that would make a living playing on Sunday. It was so obvious to anybody in the stands who has a basic level of knowledge. Lyons hasn’t really done anything yet so this year will be telling . The hype is there but if you were going to tell me he’s playing on Sunday I would say your nuts. We will see.
The receiver from Folsom Rico (forgetting last name). Is very good. He’s like a badger type. Seems very legit and will be big time PAc12 recruit.

Reactions: NorCalSportsFan
I think these next two classes should be strong for NorCal. Folsom has a handful of guys to watch. Pittsburg has its core, Serra has its 2022 duo. Jackson Brown from SRV is their next star lineman to name a few of the top players/storylines.

I'm interested with the roster juggling and lack of evalutions/visits, does it line up for more of the top guys to stay on the West Coast?

Reactions: NorCalSportsFan
I think these next two classes should be strong for NorCal. Folsom has a handful of guys to watch. Pittsburg has its core, Serra has its 2022 duo. Jackson Brown from SRV is their next star lineman to name a few of the top players/storylines.

I'm interested with the roster juggling and lack of evalutions/visits, does it line up for more of the top guys to stay on the West Coast?
We can hope.....
Home grown becomes Home's own

Interesting article on Yahoo about recruiting and what is happening with the extra year of eligibility. The next few classes are really going to feel this.

There's a 2023 offensive lineman at SRV named Laird Wheeler. He started at left guard on the varsity squad as a sophomore this spring. He's 15 years old and at 6'2" 255 he has good size, strength, technique, athleticism and footwork. His frame can carry quite a bit more weight and when his upper body catches up with his well developed base, look out! His dad is 6'4", so there is room for more growth. On top of all that he's off the charts academically. I can easily see him getting offers including the Ivy League schools.

Last edited:
Palma's Joseph Finley, TE, DE, (6-6, 240) class of 2022 also a pretty good hoops player is on radar at Nevada, Colorado State, ASU, Fresno, San Diego, SDSU, Boise State, San Jose State, UC Davis, Wyoming, Cal Poly, Cal, Univ of PA, and Dartmouth. Size and athletic.

Finley is a good looking kid. They haven't gone to him much yet in his career- I would assume that will change this next season.

Finley is a good looking kid. They haven't gone to him much yet in his career- I would assume that will change this next season.
Next season QB and WRs will be a strength. Line is a huge question mark with all the loses- more on offensive line.

Next season QB and WRs will be a strength. Line is a huge question mark with all the loses- more on offensive line.
Norcal, I think it is safe to say that every team will be entering this upcoming season with huge question marks! Not just Palma. I think about all the schools that did not play or only played 1-2 games without a JV or Frosh team. This upcoming season is going to be very entertaining and full of a lot of surprises as teams try to figure out what exactly they have.

I CAN'T WAIT!!!
(CCS fall sports start on August 6th)

Palma went 4 - 0 at Carmel 7-7 and a profile on Get Sports Focus profiles what they have coming back on offense (QBs and WRs). Skill positions will have lots of depth and talent. Question mark on O-line which will be young and undersized. Defense should be very sound overall. Looks like they will open up the passing attack but have talent and depth at RB coming back. Probably will be pass first to open up the run this year.

Lots of D1 interest (SJSU, Reno, Las Vegas, Colorado State, ASU to name a few) as an athletic 6-6, 240lbs (may be up around 245lbs by season start) strong (benches 315lbs). Palma also has a 6-4 WR to watch and a soph WR that is very quick and slots very quick. If they had the same line as last season, they would be a force on offense and still could be pretty good. Defense could be better than last short season which is positive but O-line takes a big hit.

Reactions: RLS13
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT