ADVERTISEMENT

Would Folsom .........

H.E.A.T.

Hall of Famer
Nov 5, 2010
Just wondering with all the talk would Folsom trade yesterday's State Championship for a piece of this whoopin

The original question is what is better: Getting to the premier game and getting handled (going to be this way for awhile) or play in a lower division and get a state title.

Another way is do you prefer Salinas (win section, lose in NorCal) or Milpitas (lose section, win NorCal and state)?

Reactions: PhotoGuy_271
The answer, I believe, entirely depends on what level you are at.

If you’re an ‘Open’ type Program, you would rather be DLS tonight and build a national resume by being in the game.

If you’re a typical D1 on down high school program, winning state is way more important to your kids.

Might as well have. I'm left wondering how their offense would match up against MD's defense.
I think it would have been much funner to watch for sure. Folsom would have put up some points. Plus seeing Folsoms athletes against MDs defensive studs would have been awesome.

The problem, as with every other team, Folsom could stop MD from scoring. They are just too good. With that said, I think Folsom would be the better open choice next year if all plays out. But that is with a lot of assumptions. We will get to see soon!

Go NorCal!

Final would have been 74-42 MD. Folsom may have moved the ball a bit more but no way they could stop MD and that line.

Final would have been 74-42 MD. Folsom may have moved the ball a bit more but no way they could stop MD and that line.
MDs line was the biggest I've seen. They were amazing and more. I still think a match up with Folsom would have been much more fun to watch and slightly more competitive. I think this even more so next year considering Folsom returns their entire team.

Reactions: FormerD1Backer
MD to me was just cruising. I think if they truly played there best they beat DLS by 42+. Folsom would be in a similar boat. Maybe more like 63-28 or so. Didn't really matter who MD played last night. Maybe IMG Academy or Katy from TX but nobody in CA.

Folsom needs to step out of the comfort zone though. Its gotten old.

The private schools are playing by different rules when it comes to attendance boundaries, and their use of youth camps. Just look at the consistent quality of the OL and DL these private schools put out. That is the difference. And I think Folsom is too smart to take the bait of trying to play these private schools when they have the distinct disadvantage. That 2014 Folsom team was special not only due to their skill players, but really for the quality of that line play.

There's only a handful of teams across the country that could have stayed within 10-14 points of Mater Dei.

IMG, Ben Davis, Allen and probably Cen10 with a healthy McKee. St. John Bosco and Bishop Gorman lost by 10 and 14 respectively earlier in the season.

Folsom's offense could have posed more problems to the Monarchs defense, but no chance their defense fares as well as DLS. I think the margin of defeat would have been equal to or worse than 31. I said 66-28 on the National board. Folsom's line play was good enough for NorCal, but not good enough for Nationally elite programs. That's what made the 2014 team so special.

The private schools are playing by different rules when it comes to attendance boundaries, and their use of youth camps. Just look at the consistent quality of the OL and DL these private schools put out. That is the difference. And I think Folsom is too smart to take the bait of trying to play these private schools when they have the distinct disadvantage. That 2014 Folsom team was special not only due to their skill players, but really for the quality of that line play.
100 percent agree, although Folsom has a special team this year and next that can compete with MOST of those privates with all those advantages. I'm not saying they WOULD win, but they can compete and have a shot to win for sure.

I find it funny that Folsom soarks so much outrage in some posters in here. For example, I re-read the Folsom_Helix game thread from Friday night. There were active NorCal posters rooting against them and bagging on them during the game. It was unbelievable to me. Still can't figure it out.

Folsom is an anomaly because they are one of a few publics in the entire state that can compete with anyone private on any given day. This is despite obvious constraints and disadvantages that all publics have. For some reason, this makes people angry. Instead of being proud and going for the little guy, people are actively hoping for them to schedule a private power, in hopes they get smoked, so they can feel better about themselves. This concept is so bizarre to me.

Let's just recognize greatness. Everyone will "get their game." Wait til the schedule comes out. But I have a feeling that when this happens, Folsom will be in a no win situation. If the lose, this forum lights up with I TOLD U SO! If they win, the other team will be labeled as overrated and probably in a down year, and Folsom just got lucky again. They will be demanded on to schedule Alamaba immediately. Lol.

I'm proud of and root for all my NorCal brethren.

100 percent agree, although Folsom has a special team this year and next that can compete with MOST of those privates with all those advantages. I'm not saying they WOULD win, but they can compete and have a shot to win for sure.

I find it funny that Folsom soarks so much outrage in some posters in here. For example, I re-read the Folsom_Helix game thread from Friday night. There were active NorCal posters rooting against them and bagging on them during the game. It was unbelievable to me. Still can't figure it out.

Folsom is an anomaly because they are one of a few publics in the entire state that can compete with anyone private on any given day. This is despite obvious constraints and disadvantages that all publics have. For some reason, this makes people angry. Instead of being proud and going for the little guy, people are actively hoping for them to schedule a private power, in hopes they get smoked, so they can feel better about themselves. This concept is so bizarre to me.

Let's just recognize greatness. Everyone will "get their game." Wait til the schedule comes out. But I have a feeling that when this happens, Folsom will be in a no win situation. If the lose, this forum lights up with I TOLD U SO! If they win, the other team will be labeled as overrated and probably in a down year, and Folsom just got lucky again. They will be demanded on to schedule Alamaba immediately. Lol.

I'm proud of and root for all my NorCal brethren.

Never could understand why a strong, successful NorCal public school takes heat. It's not, repeat not, a private school with absolutely no enrollment restrictions whatsoever. Again, the public vs. private situation is apples and oranges. They are two entirely different enchiladas. Kudos to any public school, Folsom or anyone else, that can compete at a very high level.

Reactions: thekingera
Man o man it’s not the fact that everybody hates a public school that can compete with the privates. It’s the fact that folsom is damn good and we want to see them face other top quality schools...and what your using the word public loosely...if you are a public school and you get top players via transfer then you’re are similar to a private school than you think...its like cen ten they are a public school but it’s ran like a private school in terms of football... not all private schools are created equal...the private schools that we have in sac are underachieving. But capital Christian will soon be the 1 program that Sacramento needs that can play with the big boys every year and I know they’ll schedule that way once he can get his batch of players in that school...

Reactions: ThunderRam
Never could understand why a strong, successful NorCal public school takes heat. It's not, repeat not, a private school with absolutely no enrollment restrictions whatsoever. Again, the public vs. private situation is apples and oranges. They are two entirely different enchiladas. Kudos to any public school, Folsom or anyone else, that can compete at a very high level.
GUYS...Folsom draws from a large school dist., they also have a lot of kids come over from the next door schools...this isn't going to last for ever, every school has its ups and downs...Ad some schools seem to reload due to a large pool of skill players that happen to move or live in the school dist. if they are in growth area's.
A number of schools that we have seen win constantly will be dropping off and new ones pop up..

Reactions: ThunderRam
Watched all the other games except DLS vs MD as at a wedding Sat. nite & NFL yesterday so just watched recorded DLS-MD now. Complete mismatch and not sure what other school program could hang with MD - what athletes and talent! I want to say that I am not saying its because DLS is bad this season by any means as their record would indicate otherwise. What I'm saying is MD is simply on a different level of the 2 teams. DLS self-destructed with fumbles and could do nothing to stop the MD offense. Another observation was DLS could not pressure the MD QB at all and on other side of the ball DLS simply had no pass game to offset their veer.
Of the bowl games I've now seen all that were televised I'd agree with rankings/ratings that Folsom is #1 and DLS #2 for NorCal [not by a wide margin mind you].

Watched all the other games except DLS vs MD as at a wedding Sat. nite & NFL yesterday so just watched recorded DLS-MD now. Complete mismatch and not sure what other school program could hang with MD - what athletes and talent! I want to say that I am not saying its because DLS is bad this season by any means as their record would indicate otherwise. What I'm saying is MD is simply on a different level of the 2 teams. DLS self-destructed with fumbles and could do nothing to stop the MD offense. Another observation was DLS could not pressure the MD QB at all and on other side of the ball DLS simply had no pass game to offset their veer.
Of the bowl games I've now seen all that were televised I'd agree with rankings/ratings that Folsom is #1 and DLS #2 for NorCal [not by a wide margin mind you].

That’s the problem how can you base rankings off that game dls played the best team in the nation. Mater Dei made top 5 nationally ranked teams look like jv teams helix is good but they weren’t elite like Mater Dei that’s the risk you take when you play in the open state game you’re playing the best of the best and it’s gonna be a top 5 nationally ranked opponent. Helix was ranked high due to the other teams losing to Mater Dei and Bosco in play offs. State open game you get so cals best team in d1-aa you could be playing so cals 11th best team. You can’t knock dls because they played possibly the best high school team ever..dls playing folsoms schedule they’d win every game by 30 you give folsom dls schedule they could lose up to 4 games

It's not just schedule as people say. I think they use that as a crutch to hate. Their SOS wasn't that much different than DLS. That's just an excuse to hate. Folsom is still relatively new to the scene in the overall scheme of things and is a public school to boot. People paying big money to send their kids to private school and then getting drilled by the local public school, doesn't exactly sit well with people. They won't admit this, but I understand. I may feel the same way if it was me.

Folsom is a bit unique in the sense that it is much like a private school in a way. If not better in some cases. Beautiful community. Upper middle class. Great schools. Dominant sports programs. That doesn't sit well with everyone.

Now before everone gets all bent out of shape- don't be. It's not putting anyone on blast. This is just my perspective on the treatment of Folsom on these boards. My reasoning, if you will.

Go NorCal!

STRENGTH OF SCHEDULE

Folsom- 48.7
DLS- 55.7

For perspective:
Centinneal Corona- 55.1
Mission Viejo- 55.4

Should be a bit more even next year from what I'm hearing. Go NorCal!

Last edited:
STRENGTH OF SCHEDULE

Folsom- 48.7
DLS- 55.7

For perspective:
Centinneal Corona- 55.1
Mission Viejo- 55.4

Should be a bit more even next year from what I'm hearing. Go NorCal!

We don’t see SJC,BG or MD on Folsom schedule.Those 3 games trumps Folsom whole schedule

Reactions: nascar624
It's not just schedule as people say. I think they use that as a crutch to hate. Their SOS wasn't that much different than DLS. That's just an excuse to hate. Folsom is still relatively new to the scene in the overall scheme of things and is a public school to boot. People paying big money to send their kids to private school and then getting drilled by the local public school, doesn't exactly sit well with people. They won't admit this, but I understand. I may feel the same way if it was me.

Folsom is a bit unique in the sense that it is much like a private school in a way. If not better in some cases. Beautiful community. Upper middle class. Great schools. Dominant sports programs. That doesn't sit well with everyone.

Now before everone gets all bent out of shape- don't be. It's not putting anyone on blast. This is just my perspective on the treatment of Folsom on these boards. My reasoning, if you will.

Go NorCal!

I enjoy rooting for Folsom, however, there is a message board poster or two who rambles, overstates, make excuses, etc on Folsom, and has across multiple forums/news sites for the past several years that people like to root against. The so-called negativity is not against Folsom but the rebuttals to this poster(s). Nobody is questioning Folsom's phenomenal season. People are questioning the statement that Folsom is better than DLS because Folsom has not proved it on the field - not by beating DLS nor by playing a DLS-like schedule and doing it better.

I enjoy rooting for Folsom, however, there is a message board poster or two who rambles, overstates, make excuses, etc on Folsom, and has across multiple forums/news sites for the past several years that people like to root against. The so-called negativity is not against Folsom but the rebuttals to this poster(s). Nobody is questioning Folsom's phenomenal season. People are questioning the statement that Folsom is better than DLS because Folsom has not proved it on the field - not by beating DLS nor by playing a DLS-like schedule and doing it better.
I think you are taking this way too seriously. I did not make any of the rankings. That is all done by 3rd parties and all have Folsom ahead of DLS. I am only referencing the rankings. I could honestly care less. It's all interesting to me. And I agree that would need to take care of DLS on the field. It is now public knowledge that DLS declined a match up with Folsom for their own personal reasons and that is fine. But the whole "your not better than DLS!" trolling method is pretty old and played out. Anyone who watched Folsom this year and knows who's coming back next year knows they could hang with anyone on any given day outside of MD. If course they could lose, there are no guarantees. But I think you should spend more time building up the kids and congratulating the kids from NorCal on an amazing season, rather than trolling a HS football team. Let's keep it positive

Go NorCal!

We can say one thing with some degree of confidence (I think): Folsom is the No.1 public school football program in Northern California at this point in time.

It is now public knowledge that DLS declined a match up with Folsom for their own personal reasons
This statement is disingenuous.We don’t know if DLS declined out right.From the coaches account it would seem they both didn’t have the same open dates.

Reactions: nascar624
This statement is disingenuous.We don’t know if DLS declined out right.From the coaches account it would seem they both didn’t have the same open dates.
Folsom offered week 0. DLS has other commitments or is planning other commitments. Means nothing more, nothing less. Although it is sort of ironic that DLS is unavailable during the span in the cyclical public school power meter, where Folsom could compete for that true #1 Spot and knock the winning streak down.

Wouldn't u agree? All of you bagged on Folsom for not scheduling great teams. Much of the time, Folsoms schedule never matched up with some of the others. Now DLS is in the same position and they get a pass?

Folsom: "we cannot play that week because we have someone else scheduled. We are sorry.
NorCalPreps: "you are ducking everyone!"

DLS: "we cannot play you that week because we have someone else scheduled. We are sorry."
NorCalPreps: "we understand. Your schedule is full."

Would you agree?

Last edited:
Folsom offered week 0. DLS has other commitments or is planning other commitments. Means nothing more, nothing less. Although it is sort of ironic that DLS is unavailable during the span in the cyclical public school power meter, where Folsom could compete for that true #1 Spot and knock the winning streak down.

Wouldn't u agree? All of you bagged on Folsom for not scheduling great teams. Much of the time, Folsoms schedule never matched up with some of the others. Now DLS is in the same position and they get a pass? Correct?

I’m not knocking Folsom just your statement.I applaud Folsom for asking but since we know DLS will announce next season schedule in January we can assume they have it pretty munched booked at this point.
DLS plays a national schedule almost every year so no they are not in the same position as Folsom who has never played a national schedule

Wouldn't u agree? All of you bagged on Folsom for not scheduling great teams. Much of the time, Folsoms schedule never matched up with some of the others. Now DLS is in the same position and they get a pass?

Folsom: "we cannot play that week because we have someone else scheduled. We are sorry.
NorCalPreps: "you are ducking everyone!"

DLS: "we cannot play you that week because we have someone else scheduled. We are sorry."
NorCalPreps: "we understand. Your schedule is full."

Would you agree?

Completely disagree! To try and book something NOW, instead of a season or two back is ridiculous. DLS has their schedules generally done a couple years out - Folsom knows this. Maybe that is why they offered it now, because they knew that DLS is booked. Easy solution is to book the game for the season after next. For next season, schedule Bosco, who per the LA Times Prep Reporter, has opening for Folsom. Seems like this would get a ton of support on NorCalPreps.

Completely disagree! To try and book something NOW, instead of a season or two back is ridiculous. DLS has their schedules generally done a couple years out - Folsom knows this. Maybe that is why they offered it now, because they knew that DLS is booked. Easy solution is to book the game for the season after next. For next season, schedule Bosco, who per the LA Times Prep Reporter, has opening for Folsom. Seems like this would get a ton of support on NorCalPreps.
Completely false. Same old narrative with the same agenda. ALL good programs book schedules out 2 years in advance. This is nothing old. DLS does this as does Folsom. Folsom has been on the stage for a decade now. They aren't some unknown. Scheduling is tough for them. Its a well known fact that scheduling the top teams, outside of normal league play extremely hard. There are only so many weeks outside of the regular league play.

So Now, when Folsom publicly calls and DLS can' fit it in, DLS gets a pass but when Folsom has done it, they are ducking? How do you know who they've called every year to schedule games? All of what you are saying is a propaganda, agenda driven attack on a public school that is now at center stage. Everyone can see that people aren't happy with that. People don't like change.

As I said before. Let's keep it positive on here. Let's keep the propagnda and agendas to a minimum and enjoy good football.

Go NorCal!

I’m not knocking Folsom just your statement.I applaud Folsom for asking but since we know DLS will announce next season schedule in January we can assume they have it pretty munched booked at this point.
DLS plays a national schedule almost every year so no they are not in the same position as Folsom who has never played a national schedule
Folsom has been winning and been a national top 50 team for a decade now, give or take. They have played outside and inside the state, but obviously not on the scale that DLS has. DLS has been doing this for 30 years. Folsom has been doing this for 10. Apples to oranges.

You can't have it both ways. You can't say schedule DLS and then say "well you should have done it sooner" when DLS declines. Schedules suck. If it isn't DLS, Folsom will get someone next year. You will all get your wish. Lol

I did not make any of the rankings. That is all done by 3rd parties and all have Folsom ahead of DLS.(1) I am only referencing the rankings. I could honestly care less. It's all interesting to me. And I agree that would need to take care of DLS on the field.(2) It is now public knowledge that DLS declined a match up with Folsom for their own personal reasons and that is fine. But the whole "your not better than DLS!" trolling method is pretty old and played out.

(1) That is a lie. You have stated in numerous post that in your opinion Folsom is number 1 in NorCal and could hang with any team in Ca outside of MD. That statement came from you not a 3rd party ranking, so now that a 3rd party ranking has them ranked number 1 in NorCal and number 3 in the state you are only referencing and don't care. That is priceless lol.

(2) Public knowledge? Cite this source please. Only public knowledge I am aware of is that their schedules didn't match-up with openings, so to say that DLS declined for personal reasons is false unless you have inside information about this situation and you would only have inside information if you are directly tied to the Folsom program, which would mean you lied about being a Del Oro supporter and Parent.

Lastly don't go crowning Folsom as the number 1 NorCal team in 2018 before the season has even played. Do you have any insight on what type of team will be fielded by any of the other top NorCal schools like DLS, Pitt, or Serra. Different year next year and it is short sighted to overlook any other school just because Folsom has a really good squad this year that should be better next year.

For the record I hope Folsom successfully schedules up and runs the table. As I said in another response to you in another thread, which so far you still haven't responded to, I like to deal in facts and a signature win by Folsom next year would be a fact that could be used to justify any lofty ranking given to them.

For the record I hope Folsom successfully schedules up and runs the table.
Me too

Go back and read what I said. The poster was using the project a match up tool. Not the rankings. I was only stating the rankings which all have Folsom slated ahead of DLS. That is all I have said. But yes my OPINION does align with all of the rankings system. The project a match up is a cool feature and i think it projects a very possible outcome.

Also re read what I said about DLS declining. I have stated multiple times their schedule did not align which can be looked at as a personal reason. They had other obligations. Schedulingis tough. I don't fault them at all. Being aware or Folsoms scheduling, I know how hard it can be.

Go NorCal!

Last edited:
Completely false. Same old narrative with the same agenda. ALL good programs book schedules out 2 years in advance. This is nothing old. DLS does this as does Folsom. Folsom has been on the stage for a decade now. They aren't some unknown. Scheduling is tough for them. Its a well known fact that scheduling the top teams, outside of normal league play extremely hard. There are only so many weeks outside of the regular league play.

So Now, when Folsom publicly calls and DLS can' fit it in, DLS gets a pass but when Folsom has done it, they are ducking? How do you know who they've called every year to schedule games? All of what you are saying is a propaganda, agenda driven attack on a public school that is now at center stage. Everyone can see that people aren't happy with that. People don't like change.

As I said before. Let's keep it positive on here. Let's keep the propagnda and agendas to a minimum and enjoy good football.

Go NorCal!
Stop focusing on DLS, start focusing on Top National Teams. You have an offer from Bosco, where is Folsom's response?

Stop focusing on DLS

I am not. I have stated multiple times Folsom has bigger fish to fry IMHO. DLS keeps getting brought up by others. I am simply responding.

You will see the schedule soon. I think you will be happy. I can't comment on the details right now as things are still being worked out.

In the mean time. Don't be so negative my friend. Appreciate great football and go NorCal!

If Folsom is so booked and wanted, why are they looking for an early game? Shouldn't they be booked by now for next season? Nuff said they need to play up and win, they know how to do it IF they wanted to.

How can I believe anything you say? You stated in an earlier thread you were DEL ORO parent and supporter? Seems you are not so anything you say holds no validity. It is fans like yourself that create the "Folsom" hate. People on this board have no disdain for Folsom but have a distaste for blowhards such as yourself with multiple handle trolls thekingera, folsombulldog, sflking etc. etc

Reactions: FanFanatic1
[QUOTE="Deltadodger, post: 186222, member: 7640"]That’s the problem how can you base rankings off that game dls played the best team in the nation. Mater Dei made top 5 nationally ranked teams look like jv teams helix is good but they weren’t elite like Mater Dei that’s the risk you take when you play in the open state game you’re playing the best of the best and it’s gonna be a top 5 nationally ranked opponent. Helix was ranked high due to the other teams losing to Mater Dei and Bosco in play offs. State open game you get so cals best team in d1-aa you could be playing so cals 11th best team. You can’t knock dls because they played possibly the best high school team ever..dls playing folsoms schedule they’d win every game by 30 you give folsom dls schedule they could lose up to 4 games[/QUOTE]

Delta - here is part of my post you referred to: "Complete mismatch and not sure what other school program could hang with MD - what athletes and talent! I want to say that I am not saying its because DLS is bad this season by any means as their record would indicate otherwise. What I'm saying is MD is simply on a different level of the 2 teams."

So how was I knocking DLS?? You basically said the same thing about MD.

I ran the teams through the CalPreps projections of games between the teams and the computers come up with these scores:

Mater Dei 48-24 over Folsom
DLS 31-24 over Helix

I think a game between DLS and Folsom would be close, but I'd have to go with Folsom simply because of their passing game, which DLS is lacking. I think that was the biggest aspect against MD that hurt DLS, in they are one-dimensional using the veer. DLS averaged 82 passing yards per game and just 6 TD's passing for season.

but I'd have to go with Folsom simply because of their passing game, which DLS is lacking.
My thoughts exactly.

No disrespect to anyone as I think some have taken it that way. This is just as fans perspective from what I have seen. I have great respect for all the top NorCal programs.

Can't wait til next year. Go Norcal!

Me too

Go back and read what I said. The poster was using the project a match up tool. Not the rankings. I was only stating the rankings which all have Folsom slated ahead of DLS. That is all I have said. But yes my OPINION does align with all of the rankings system. The project a match up is a cool feature and i think it projects a very possible outcome.

Also re read what I said about DLS declining. I have stated multiple times their schedule did not align which can be looked at as a personal reason. They had other obligations. Schedulingis tough. I don't fault them at all. Being aware or Folsoms scheduling, I know how hard it can be.

Go NorCal!
Numerous times the project a match-up was used prior to a match-up between 2 schools and than when the actual match-up happens the tool is way off, so I tend not to pay any attention to any computer based predictions. Too many other factors involved. Sure its fun to look at, but to use that as evidence to support an opinion when the schools will never face each other is silly.

To say DLS declined for personal reason is not the same as saying they could not make the game happen due to their schedule not matching up. If someone had no idea of the reason why the game could not happen and only read what you wrote that would leave most to question that reason and wonder if they were actually ducking Folsom.

Reactions: townbiz24
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT