ADVERTISEMENT

Wow, Cal whips Washington St

37-3. Who expected that?

I didn't expect it but I'm not surprised. Coach Wilcox turned the defense around big time.

I just imagine if they had Harris. That would be scary since they lost all their other backs.

Wash State is the team I expect to see fizzle. They had their first 5 games of season at home. I believe only D1 team in nation. 5 of next 7 on the road..... Good luck.
I like what I'm seeing out of CAL. They are a nice team.
Look who they have left.
Arizona at home - Win
Colorado - Away - toss up but winnable game.
Oregon State- Home - Win
Stanford - on the farm... (who knows but I like stanford from what i've seen)
UCLA - in LA- UCLA wins.

Cal is 4-3 right now. I could see them going 7-3 and getting into a decent bowl. They have some good wins. (Ole Miss, Wash ST, UNC) Close loss to USC.

Wash State is the team I expect to see fizzle. They had their first 5 games of season at home. I believe only D1 team in nation. 5 of next 7 on the road..... Good luck.
I like what I'm seeing out of CAL. They are a nice team.
Look who they have left.
Arizona at home - Win
Colorado - Away - toss up but winnable game.
Oregon State- Home - Win
Stanford - on the farm... (who knows but I like stanford from what i've seen)
UCLA - in LA- UCLA wins.

Cal is 4-3 right now. I could see them going 7-3 and getting into a decent bowl. They have some good wins. (Ole Miss, Wash ST, UNC) Close loss to USC.
Well maybe Cal deserves more credit than they’ve been getting. When WSU beat USC one poster called Cal an average team and berated USC for Cal “having them in the ropes”.

Well maybe Cal deserves more credit than they’ve been getting. When WSU beat USC one poster called Cal an average team and berated USC for Cal “having them in the ropes”.
Btw, any quips from Mike Leach after this one?

Actually the Apple Cup could be the decider for Pasadena this year. (Cal DC) dialed up the perfect game plan. Gap blitzes all night to stop Morrow (50yds). Game ball tho to Golden Bears’ DBs. Falk had tons of time to throw and they locked down.

Leach- “we were pathetic front runners.”

Reactions: JustinAmbrose
Since we are talking college football in this thread.. One thing I don't understand: Why is Notre Dame ranked so low (16th in one poll, 13th in another). They have one loss, to 2nd ranked (or 3rd, depending on the poll) Georgia by 1 point! They gave Michigan State its only loss (38-18) and MSU beat Michigan. Michigan is ahead of both of them.

I guess it won't matter as we'll find out if the Irish are for real in the next few weeks (SC, Miami, NC State, Navy, Stanford..)

Reactions: remc
Since we are talking college football in this thread.. One thing I don't understand: Why is Notre Dame ranked so low (16th in one poll, 13th in another). They have one loss, to 2nd ranked (or 3rd, depending on the poll) Georgia by 1 point! They gave Michigan State its only loss (38-18) and MSU beat Michigan. Michigan is ahead of both of them.

I guess it won't matter as we'll find out if the Irish are for real in the next few weeks (SC, Miami, NC State, Navy, Stanford..)
Notre Dame is notoriously overrated. This is a small case. They could be 1-5 and magically still be number 25 in the country.

USC was sure underwhelming this year. I really liked Darnold coming out of last year. Performance has been so so. Thoughts?
Had an experienced receiving corps and an experienced offensive line last year. Doesn’t have either this year. Defense was more experienced also. Better return game with Adoree Jackson last year as well. Everyone looked at Sam coming back and it was easy to see him picking up where he left off last year. But now people are seeing SC go through some growing pains while the young players who stepped in for last years starters try to establish themselves. Lots of injuries to starters as well

Reactions: ChrisRScoreMan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT