ADVERTISEMENT

1-A State Bowl: Del Oro vs. San Clemente

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
Del Oro is in its fourth state title game (third most appearances for a NorCal team behind DLS and Central Catholic).

After forcing a turnover on downs, Del Oro scores on its first offensive drive on a rushing TD from Dalton Gee.

Golden Eagles lead 6-0 with 452 left in Q1. Went for two and failed. Very interesting call

Last edited:
San Clemente OL vs. Del Oro DL is no contest so far. Sears running for his life.

Del Oro goes for it on 4th and goal from the 3 and Smartt takes it in on a play action roll out play. They get 2 point play on a option play to Mason Hurst.

14-0 Del Oro with 628 left in the half

Thank you DO for putting points on the board! 17-0. Take the FG.
USC wants there offer back. Not impressed at all.

Bad fumble by Stone Smartt sets up San Clemente in the red zone and Jack Sears tosses a 12 yard TD pass.

17-7 Del Oro with a minute left in the half

High snap on a punt leads to a Del Oro safety and its all of a sudden a one possession game.

Del Oro up 17-9 with 10 seconds left in the half

A rare game that has DO with more team speed

DO defense has prevented the big chunks. Other no rcal defenses gave up lots of big plays.

A bootleg off the stretch fir Smartt is wide open.

This is amazing. Like a massive case of lets give the game away. What the hell is happening with the north teams. This game should be put away. Now you got SC getting the ball back and you never know.

Reactions: MC415
Game remains 17-9 with 4 minutes left in Q3. San Clemente will get the ball on its own 24 yard line.

Del Oro is more run heavy tonight than in the few games I saw this season

San Clemente gets it to Del Oro's 10 yard line before Cameron Davis notches his second INT Del Oro offense needs to get back into rhythm with a few first downs.

I can't believe teams still haven't learned their lesson in regards to taking the points in the red zone. San Clemente goes for it on 4th and 2 and throws a pick. Unbelievable!!!!!

I'm ok going for it there. A FG and you still need a TD to win. You don't get it and you pin Del Oro deep.

DOs offense hasn't done squat all half. I'd take the points and let my defense stop them again.

But hey- I'm rootin for DO! Great game!

Don't think DO can hold on, SC is moving the ball and DO has nothing left in the tank

San Clemente starting to get good production from their backs to pull within two points. They tried to rollout Sears and throw to the right corner for the two point try, but it was well defended

Punt return for San Clemente gives them their first lead of the game at 22-17 with 538 left.

Del Oro has given up 9 points on special teams.

Punt return for San Clemente gives them their first lead of the game at 22-17 with 538 left.

Del Oro has given up 9 points on special teams.

They completely gave up on that PR no one hustled , they are done

#54 was a terror for San Clemente.

SC scores the final 22 points to beat Del Oro 22-17.

Special teams and SC's ability to run it better in the second half was key. Also lack of passing game for Del Oro to keep defense honest

San Clemente played great!

Also- great run for DO. Congrats to all.
GUYS...Just got back from an assignment in the east and got to watch the DO-San clemente game and if you watched close, it was the DO O and D lines that lost that game as they didn't open up enough holes for the running backs and the defense was out played by SC....the SC QB out ran the defense and got away with what looked like possible sacks.....Smartt fumbled because he was handling the ball like a loaf of bread instead of protecting the ball, about the middle of the 2nd quarter, DO lost control of the game as SC figured out DO and DO did not come out playing their game in the second half, for a while, it looked like DO would get lucky and win the game, but again, they were out played in the second half...

Congratulations to all the teams that have made it to the bowl game.
San Clemente definitely deserved it. Sans their first playoff game, their playoff games have been a battle. Sears is a playmaker.

Reactions: sarpar
What the heck is going on? I'm gone all day (still away from the tube, will watch via DVR later) @ my wife's company's Holiday party and I can't believe what's happening. 0-4 for us NorCal? OMG! Come on, let's GO DLS!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT