ADVERTISEMENT

2023 guard Jalen Brown signs with Cal State San Marcos

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
Brown was one of the top players for Modesto Christian this past year.

Brown played club ball with Lakeshow.

Brown was one of the top players for Modesto Christian this past year.

Brown played club ball with Lakeshow.
That is great. I don’t think many people realize how hard it is to get a hoop scholarship out of Hs now with portal and Covid backup. Jayce McCain from Folsom has had a great career at San Marcos and Brown will be an immediate contributor to a high d2 program.

In other d2 news, Jaylen Wells (Folsom) who played at SSU was named D2 All American. (Only 2nd in school history). Here is a kid who got looked over by Covid year and has now entered the portal. Look for a d1 mid major to scoop him up. Excellent player.

Reactions: bella123
In other d2 news, Jaylen Wells (Folsom) who played at SSU was named D2 All American. (Only 2nd in school history). Here is a kid who got looked over by Covid year and has now entered the portal. Look for a d1 mid major to scoop him up. Excellent player.
Who was the first AA there? The great Ken Cooney?

That is great. I don’t think many people realize how hard it is to get a hoop scholarship out of Hs now with portal and Covid backup. Jayce McCain from Folsom has had a great career at San Marcos and Brown will be an immediate contributor to a high d2 program.

everyone knows how hard it is to get a scholarship for athletics.

everyone knows how hard it is to get a scholarship for athletics.
I would guess his point was that it has gotten harder over the past couple of years with COVID adding eligibility and transfers getting more popular.

Yes it has always been hard but it is getting harder.

I would guess his point was that it has gotten harder over the past couple of years with COVID adding eligibility and transfers getting more popular.

Yes it has always been hard but it is getting harder.
Exactly my point. Thanks. Lots of parents still very out of touch. Happy for this kid and CSM got a stud . I’m really curious where wells ends up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT