ADVERTISEMENT

BROOKKSIDE CHRISTIAN IS A JOKE IN THE END

RespectBBGame

Sports Fanatic
Mar 16, 2015
What kind of school lets go a coach that help raise the school to another level. I know there are jealous coach within wishing they could coach like Pico . I so glad my daughter spend her last three years with Pico. Just think Brookside did the same thing to coach K. Now that's 2 coaches that resign or can you say forced out. I feel sorry for the 2 of the 4 SR that believed in Pico and played on his top team on the Oakland Soldiers. Just think one of the SR sat all year so she can be coach by Pico. Brookside is going to be a miss coach Pico. I'M GLAD my daughter not there because the coach they are going to hire was an assist coach at Brookside. This coach never relay message to coach Pico about school wanting my daughter. I found out by 3 different coaches. This assist had his hand the cookie jar help the decision of Pico.

Brookside is a joke now. I know way players stood away???

Last edited:
If you are a coach that's wins to much stay way. Between Pico and coach K winning % is over 80% and both resign with Different issue but both where and still are winning coaches at Brookside. Think back to 2010 when they had a football coach Grim took a D5 team to state and 2 years late resign another winning coach. Last year Jordan McGowan lost last year in the state game and he gone too. Winning coaches don't Survive at Brookside.

Last edited:
Sad to hear about Pico, as I have nothing, but mad respect for Pico and what he did at Brookside.

I hadn't heard that ... very sad. It sounds, though, like the school has shifted its emphasis somewhat. I wonder if there's new administration.

Clay

Same administration that been there forever. The only change is boys basketball coach which a lot to with this subject. The girls basketball program at the school is the only program that is Recognize in the state. Jealous goes along way between the girls and boys program believe it or not. Then their are some people that want the girls job for family reasons. This is a small family that Obviously don't care about what is best for the student Athletes. Just like most private school players don't sign for just being a student. They going school for whatever coach reason to bring them there. But sometimes that can haunt the coach too when some parents turn on the forthe wrong reason.

THE BIGGEST THING IS WHO DO YOU HAVE A COACH RESIGN WHEN THEY ARE IN THE TOP 10 BEST COACH IN THE STATE. HOW DO YOU REPLACE A COSCH LIKE THAT. PICO LET'S PLAYERS KNOW WHERE THEY ARE AT AS A PLAYER AND WON'T LIE TO THE COLLEGE COACHES. THIS WHY HE HAS MUCH RESPECT WITH COLLEGE COACHES THAT ARE ALWAYS CALLING HIM. HE IS THE TYPE OF COACH THAT COLLEGES CALL AND ASK ABOUT PLAYERS THAT DON'T EVEN PLAY FOR HIM. IF THAT'S NO RESPECT THEN WHAT IS?????????

Reactions: Paytc
Clay

Same administration that been there forever. The only change is boys basketball coach which a lot to with this subject. The girls basketball program at the school is the only program that is Recognize in the state. Jealous goes along way between the girls and boys program believe it or not. Then their are some people that want the girls job for family reasons. This is a small family that Obviously don't care about what is best for the student Athletes. Just like most private school players don't sign for just being a student. They going school for whatever coach reason to bring them there. But sometimes that can haunt the coach too when some parents turn on the forthe wrong reason.

THE BIGGEST THING IS WHO DO YOU HAVE A COACH RESIGN WHEN THEY ARE IN THE TOP 10 BEST COACH IN THE STATE. HOW DO YOU REPLACE A COSCH LIKE THAT. PICO LET'S PLAYERS KNOW WHERE THEY ARE AT AS A PLAYER AND WON'T LIE TO THE COLLEGE COACHES. THIS WHY HE HAS MUCH RESPECT WITH COLLEGE COACHES THAT ARE ALWAYS CALLING HIM. HE IS THE TYPE OF COACH THAT COLLEGES CALL AND ASK ABOUT PLAYERS THAT DON'T EVEN PLAY FOR HIM. IF THAT'S NO RESPECT THEN WHAT IS?????????

Real Talk ! That's why I have had Pico on my speed dial since meeting him. I Haven't called him much, but the respect is there.

RespectBBGame you bring up a few very valid points. My guess is it may have boiled down to integrity. As well as leadership and accountability. Some coaches have integrity and won't compromise that just to remain in a job. Then there are spineless coaches that ruin programs just to play politics to keep a job. At the end of the day respect and your name should mean more to you than kissing ass to keep a job. But of course the children are the ones who often get caught in the middle. Not knowing what happened one can only speculate . Hearing from at least one or both sides would help clear things up. It may not be as questionable as it appears on the surface. But at the same time someone on the inside like yourself RespectBBGame would have more insight than us folks looking in from the outside.

Reactions: RespectBBGame
Pico had been in touch in the last couple weeks about another game, but he did only have five girls returning off of last year's seven-girl roster. The Brookside web site doesn't have much information. The AD said the resignation came Sept. 1.

Clay

You know me I never sugar code any thing. I just feel sorry for players that was looking forward to finishing their SR year with a great coach Pico. Sometimes honest hurts but Pico is a good guy helps all players not on his.

I know I have some hater that want me to take this down. What I say about that????? REEP WHAT YOU SOLE???? THE TRUTH ALWAYS PERVAL!!!!!! GOD DON'T LIKE UGLY!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
a few thoughts....

Didn't BC also let Que go AFTER school started (in Sept)? Rather then over the summer which would have allowed kids to transfer out if they wanted? Im thinking basketball program on last legs and if they had done this firing earlier...there would be no girls team as they probably wouldnt be able to field one. As it is will they be able to field a team? 5 girls?

(from the outside)
With the BC football team forfeiting games....along with this...seems to me BC athletics are in disarray.

BC has been an outlaw athletics program for awhile and I'm thinking it may all be coming back around
and biting them in the ass now....

Northbay

You are right in a way try to make players get stuck by coaches resign after school start. Most school in the stockton area have been in school for 2 weeks. They had 7 players this with 5 SR. That's wrong in so many ways. But some of the player where die hard players for Pico. Some did what the want to do because when you have less players less control by default. Brookside will move on and get players that don't mind playing in D5 next year since they are in D1 again this year.

I think Brookside wasn't ready for the success that started with Coach K and end with Coach Pico. When the could have big growth in the program something always would go wrong once. Student Athletes would talk to the AD and it would be all good but once they went to the Brookside Counselor things would get all twisted up. They would end up not going to Brookside. The question was it on Purpose or just a missed Communication ??? That's a big question because the GIRLS basketball was the only Student Athletes having big name school that was in the gym most of the time!!!!!!

So what do people think about that and this is coming from someone that try to help the program one way or another???? I'm glad my daughter is gone???

Last edited:
Reactions: mccoy90
That is to bad feel bad for them senior girls. The head people at Brookside must think their new feeder team is going to do wonders for their school. It will never happen.

I have no idea what is really going on, but the AD indicated they want to keep the program at the same level, and want to hire a coach soon. Hard to say from the outside, but hopefully it works out for all concerned.

Clay

They will tell you anything especially right when they are trying to correct a wrong. They trying to talk to me to take down the post. But I told them the TRUTH hurts. They know if the told the players in the beginning of summer or should I say when the Oakland Soldiers name their top team. Players would have moved on. I know 2 of the SR was looking forward in playing for Pico and the return SO. What is the bad part of the administration is that they listen to people that don't get there way and Counselor that always been jealous of the girls basketball team.

Brookside in girls basketball will never be the same again. Coach K and Coach Pico play at high levels and that's why players follow them. That's just like all top teams players follow good leadership. If they would have done this last year my daughter would have been to open out of Brookside.

On the real and I know most parents will agree with this statement. When you are paying for private you paying for 2 things education and the coach you want you son or daughter to play for. Parents ar e not just paying for there education period!!!!!! If they tell you that they are Lying to themselves!!!!! Just to let you know I did pull my daughter out at one time because I had issues with Coach K. But I'm not the one that got him to so call resign. Then only reason I can back was for coach Pico!!!!!!!!

PS CLAY
THEY TOLD YOU THAT FOR DAMAGE CONTROL!!!!!!

Clay

Tell me why a school would show players a Resignation letter for a Coach if they didn't do anything wrong or force him out?

This same person had a problem with my daughter working out in the new gym on the shooting machine. Luck former player for the boys team told my daughter he would shoot on the other half of the court. Because the pug for the shooting machine on that side court. I just think administration is putting some people in the wrong position of power. Some people take power and abuse it for their own gain.

If Brookside don't change they will be that school again in high school sports the nobody knows. They will only be talk about in the Past tense !!!!!

By the privacy code of ethic to show kids a Resignation letter ?????? What kind of person does that?? Won't be a person I would part of my school!!!!

For the record this is not Coachdviks, his account is going to be used to address the ignorance that we all have to read slowly. First things first, RespectBBGame can you please use spell-check, you sound silly. Your phone should help you out with spelling, but if your using your computer throw it away and go to best buy and buy another one. Sounds like you don't have any facts on this matter, first it was the school let him go now a resignation letter which one is it. You wanna pick a fight that you know you cant win, did you forget that you posted a rant about Coach Que? Its so hard to follow you with your point, please get the facts don't post your roller coaster emotional rant off of false information.

"Stupidity is the deliberate cultivation of ignorance"

CoachDVikes

Sound like you trying to come help you bubby that I know is the boys coach at Brookside. I know you glad the Pico is gone now Edison might beat Brookside is the foundation game. BROOKSIDE always beats Edison in the That game by 30 or more. So I know you don't like Pico because you said he can coach. That's the most funniest think I have ever heard. PICO has 1 state champion, 1 runner up state, 2 Norcal championship, and 7 section tile between norcal section and SJS. For a person can't that not a bad record.

I'M NOT TRYING WIN ANY FIGHT JUST LET THE TRUTH BE KNOW??? I GOING LATER GIVE YOU A HISTORY BROOKSIDE THAT I SEE THAT STOP BROOKSIDE BEING A TRUE POWERHOUSE IN GIRLS BASKETBALL.

For the record this is not Coachdviks, his account is going to be used to address the ignorance that we all have to read slowly. First things first, RespectBBGame can you please use spell-check, you sound silly. Your phone should help you out with spelling, but if your using your computer throw it away and go to best buy and buy another one. Sounds like you don't have any facts on this matter, first it was the school let him go now a resignation letter which one is it. You wanna pick a fight that you know you cant win, did you forget that you posted a rant about Coach Que? Its so hard to follow you with your point, please get the facts don't post your roller coaster emotional rant off of false information.

"Stupidity is the deliberate cultivation of ignorance"

Ah, the old "Its not who you think it is even though my name is on the handle" trick.. I see what you are doing lol

Complaining about his typing/grammar will not help.. guys have tried to tell respect this before, no results (maybe english isnt a first language, not sure) so you might as well give that a rest..

Missing link

I going to give you a history lesson about Brookside. In 2013. Brookside was cone off D5 state championship 2012. During practice the somebody new the Whistle on Brookside 8th grade practicing with against the varsity team. At that time the grade team was Loretta Kakala, Sydney Fryer, Courtesy Clark, JJ Spivey, Sasha Brown, Zhane Lewis, Ashland Lockart, Kiara Manipol and Cayton was a freshmen. If that team would have stood together no one would have beat them in the state. 2014 McDonald transferred in. Just think DeCosta, Young and Johnson would have been at Brookside as freshmen.
Brookside that could have been before someone the he knows who he is that blew the whistle.

Think of all these player
Tiara Tucker
Raky"ra Gabriel
Arians Vaughn
Lorretta Kakala
Mi'Cole Dayton
JJ Spivey
Aaron McDonald
Sasha Brown
Courtesy Clark
Sydney Fryer
Zhane Lewis
Kari Manipol
Lauren Rabena
Jaelee Anices
Lyric Wilson
Brianna Smith

The next year would have add
DeCosta
Neenah Young
Ariel Johnson
Richelle Turney
Ashland Lockart

The next year
Nicole Young
Jade Moss
Anna Blount
Taylor Low

IF that wasnt going to be a Dynasty don't know what team would have beaten in the nation.
I know who the blew whistle. These where player all under Coach K Stockton Mustangs!!!!!

Last edited:
First of all that would of been great for the school , they would of had more than 6 players on the team! If? Your saying If? I know about "if" , if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle..."if" Back to the history lesson please.

Reactions: CoachDViks
You do have a point, "If" those kids would of gone to Brookside they would of been great! Probably wouldn't of lost to Miramonte by 60 in the open a few years ago!

Respect is like Lavar Ball...you give him an open space and he'll yell out anything to up his brand. It's pretty simple...If you don't like what you're reading, don't respond and go create a new thread. I remember NCP had an "ignore" button..but I haven't been able to locate it.

Update: click on the name and when the posters profile pops up, there's an "ignore" option in the upper right hand corner...go figure...

Pico is one of the best coaches in Cal. Why is he one of the best coaches hands down the best man to man defense coach. Best man to man press teacher to because he from the old school town play that like GP know by everyone as the glove.

How do you REPLACE a coach like that and tell the players it will be ok. It's not at all. When coach Pico REPLACE coach K that was a good REPLACE that you can tell the player it will be all right. Who will REPLACE Pico?? Name a coach out there that will
Take the job know if they win as the girls basketball coach that will keep his job?????

RESPECT...

DeCosta would not have ended up at BC even if Que had never left. It was either Sac or SMS. And I was under the impression that you were one of the parents that led the revolt against Que in the 1st place? So why all the love all of a sudden?

Also just because someone coaches the kids in AAU (when young) doesnt mean they are going to play for that coach in HS. Otherwise Cal Stars/MM would have gotten almost everyone in the east bay over the last decade. So to say that all those players (or most) would have ended up at BC is a HUGE assumption and quite the stretch.

Reactions: HoopMD
Northbay

The first was at Brookside until someone blew the whistle about 8th grade practicing with the 8th grade . You know coach K very well ask him yourself. If that groups was going to follow including DeCosta. Someone didn't want Coach K to have a Dynasty because they seen it come. There will always be a struggle at Brookside until they stop give power to the wrong people. Brookside needs to power to take care of the student Athlete not their own Interest!!!!!!

So let me clear things up the head people of Brookside are great people but easy Influenced by people with a different Agenda. As a school Brookside is a great school with a lot of hands b.bb Rio from the great teachers. That's all I have to say about Brookside.

Last edited:
That last post makes it seem like you are blaming the whistleblower and not the coach that was breaking the rules. By your account (and I have no clue or confidence that it is true) coach que got what was coming to him for not complying to pretty simple standards

OnBall8

Nope what is wrong with 2 teams practicing on 2 different sides of the court??? What is wrong with scrimmaging? They so call had a problem with Coach k being the head coach of both but this is the fun thing the same person ask Pico to coach the 8th grade team!!!!!! The whistle blower seen the future where he could never get ahead!!!!

Nope what is wrong with 2 teams practicing on 2 different sides of the court??? What is wrong with scrimmaging?
not sure if the rules are different for schools that are k-12 but I am pretty sure there are certain times of the year that you can't have younger kids mix in with the high school team.

So glad to have left that Stockton dump in the rear view mirror....
oops.... tape holding it on ....fell off...
use the side mirrors...

Respect

Your history lesson is a HS fantasy draft. Some girls wouldn't play from your list

Onball8 and Northbay both make good points you did post that. Aaron why did you skip over Northbay question and you know who the whistleblower is? That's why you moved schools then came back.

HoopMD

Northbay question will be answer in do time? But I see you final made a name up instead going on you friends page CoachDViks. How is it feel to be the first coach in a long time to lose to Jim Elliot for the first time in 4 years???? What made you think showing players the Resignation letter from Pico would do??? If I was part of the Administration I would be worry about what kinds of questions that the stockton record is going to ask?? Do you really won't to know who the whistle blow is ?? You know who it IS? Snakes in the grass flock tigether!!!!! That's for the ones that help Pico out the door!!!!!

If snakes in the grass flock together what do birds do? You can't hit the ignore button on Respect you can't make this up!! Now I have to wipe the coffee I just spit out off my screen.

missinglink

The bird thinks about the ones that got hurt under wrong doing. I know some SR was looking forward to playing for Pico. The Administration at Brookside needs to look at the Common denominator why they force coaches out. Is it about the it win to much or is it about jealous of coaches? I know when my daughter first went to Brookside when Grim was the Counselor everything ran smooth. After he Resigned you see changes going on at the school. Grim was great for the student Athletes and all coaches. He wanted everyone to have a winning team and didn't care who or what head coach was always in the Media. Grim was great for Brookside.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT