ADVERTISEMENT

Capital Christian ?

jduffy321

Rookie
Aug 8, 2023
Any truth to Capital Christian being shut down ??

I’ve heard that the school was purchased by Destiny Church in Rocklin and is undergoing major changes. Apparently Capital was/is being sued by past students, and was in danger of going under.

Is the school name being changed?
Are athletics being shut down as well?
How does that work for future division/league?

Any insight on the subject would be great, since I’ve only heard speculations.

Seems like it’s been a dumpster fire lately. Pretty sure Casey Taylor has a lawsuit against them for breach of contract dating back a few years and I’ve heard rumors as well but I think hoops has been solid and I know people who are going there and have said nothing

Seems like it’s been a dumpster fire lately. Pretty sure Casey Taylor has a lawsuit against them for breach of contract dating back a few years and I’ve heard rumors as well but I think hoops has been solid and I know people who are going there and have said nothing
My understanding is the Casey Taylor case was settled. The lawsuits were in connection to sexual abuse in the 80s. Apparently those are being settled, Capital was/is going under. Then was purchased by Destiny church to be revamped.

That’s all I have been told. I wonder what happens to athletics? It’s going to be expensive replacing gear etc.

My understanding is the Casey Taylor case was settled. The lawsuits were in connection to sexual abuse in the 80s. Apparently those are being settled, Capital was/is going under. Then was purchased by Destiny church to be revamped.

That’s all I have been told. I wonder what happens to athletics? It’s going to be expensive replacing gear etc.
Thanks for the update. I don’t know other than the football program seems to be a revolving door. It’s hard enough to survive today as a private doing things right. This unfortunately doesn’t sound good.

Thanks for the update. I don’t know other than the football program seems to be a revolving door. It’s hard enough to survive today as a private doing things right. This unfortunately doesn’t sound good.
There is a lot of chatter about multiple basketball players leaving and specifically their best player transferring to a school about an hour south of Sacramento.

I think it’s all about perceptions. Parents are doing what they think is in the best interest of their child’s future. I personally think that Devin Askew, Jared McCain, Darrion Williams, Will McClendon and guys of that nature would be exactly in the same positions they are now without a move.
No way Jared McCain would be in the same position had he stayed in Sac. That SoCal spotlight and competition gave him a tremendous boost. I remember him coming off the bench in middle school for Flight and backing up Aiden Mahaney. His decision to hold back and take a year to work on his game and body while moving down south was a great decision. I don’t think none of that happens if he doesn’t hold back and goes straight to Folsom.

Another kid who also played middle school ball for Flight who’s also at Modesto Christian made a similar decision and it’s paid off great for him as well.

No way Jared McCain would be in the same position had he stayed in Sac. That SoCal spotlight and competition gave him a tremendous boost. I remember him coming off the bench in middle school for Flight and backing up Aiden Mahaney. His decision to hold back and take a year to work on his game and body while moving down south was a great decision. I don’t think none of that happens if he doesn’t hold back and goes straight to Folsom.

Another kid who also played middle school ball for Flight who’s also at Modesto Christian made a similar decision and it’s paid off great for him as well.
So the hold back year is what helped him? If he went to Sheldon or Modesto Christian or Folsom he would of been big time. There are no hidden gems anymore.

So the hold back year is what helped him? If he went to Sheldon or Modesto Christian or Folsom he would have been big time. There are no hidden gems anymore.
Yep in Jared’s case the holdback, reshaping his body and his game and gulp……TikTok. Without him being at Centennial, I don’t see him being a Duke level recruit. A lot went right for him to surpass the star power of Aiden Mahaney.

The holdback year helped the other Modesto Christian kid but i don’t see him developing into a Duke level recruit.

Yep in Jared’s case the holdback, reshaping his body and his game and gulp……TikTok. Without him being at Centennial, I don’t see him being a Duke level recruit. A lot went right for him to surpass the star power of Aiden Mahaney.

The holdback year helped the other Modesto Christian kid but i don’t see him developing into a Duke level recruit.
Fair enough, we can agree to disagree on how much a move helped him. You are definitely right in regards to his social media popularity being helped by being in la.

I can see that in the Bay Area, but I don't think cost of living in Vegas or similar areas is that different than Sacramento area.

I do think the attention prospects generate is less in Sacramento than Bay Area/LA/Vegas.
Yeah not in this case regarding cost of living. This is just a better mouse trap perception. Kid is a low d1 prospect
And I don’t think playing at MC vs CC changes the landscape for him personally. Can’t speak about you hey others. McCain is a high character kid and seems like he will be a success on and off the court regardless.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT