ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching openings

The Cagers absolutely are a extension of Mitty. The program was started by, coached by, and operated by the Mitty coaching staff. They have utilized coaches like myself to help during the summer tournaments and camps.

I am not a employee at Mitty or with the Cagers. I am a volunteer AAU in the SJ area.

The Cagers absolutely are a extension of Mitty. The program was started by, coached by, and operated by the Mitty coaching staff. They have utilized coaches like myself to help during the summer tournaments and camps.

I am not a employee at Mitty or with the Cagers. I am a volunteer AAU in the SJ area.
And you traveled with the team because they needed help huh??

If you know so much, why don’t you find out how many Cagers teams participated at the EOT Ultimate Challenge in Rocklin. You’ll come to find out that Coach Sue didn’t coach all the teams over those three days of play. And yes, the “said coach” was there coaching. And we did have a conversation.

Coach Phillips, coach Iwanaga, and coach Doyon were the coaches of the 3 teams at the EOT. Just got that part confirmed.

Wow, someone got triggered. I’m not here to spread rumors. But I know what came out of her mouth, the word “stole”, two players names (one of which must have stayed at Pinewood), and how. You don’t have to believe me. In regards to why I didn’t call her out on it. She’s a man hater. That’s all I am going to say about that. I have all the respect in the world for Sue Phillips, I honestly just wish her assistant would show some humility and better represent the legendary program she’s a part of.
No not triggered at all. And I'm not implying that you're lying, although calling a coach a "man hater" certainly calls into question your truthfulness. You say that you're not here to spread rumors, but you're here spreading rumors. You "heard", but did nothing about it, didn't go to Sue, nor the CIF nor call out the coach, then 6 months later you make this claim.

For the record, players can not be stolen - players and their families make decisions based on what they feel is best for the student. PW, Mitty and others have seen students come and go, some to other privates and some back to public's.

You Mitty people are a sensitive bunch. I made no speculation on anything being illegal. I’m not a expert on CIF rules. The subject of Mitty recruiting was brought up in this thread and I simply commented. Based upon what I heard come out of their assistant coaches mouth caused my opinion. I thought it sounded like a good deal. Instead of paying expensive tuition at Pinewood, transfer and go to Mitty for free. Who wouldn’t take that offer? In my opinion that is recruiting. So I agreed with some of the other contributors in this thread.

I 100% stand behind and own everything I have said. I have no reason to lie. I am not associated with any school and could care less. I coach and develop the skills of young people. Some of you elitist people need a reality check. This is high school basketball.

You Mitty people are a sensitive bunch. I made no speculation on anything being illegal. I’m not a expert on CIF rules. The subject of Mitty recruiting was brought up in this thread and I simply commented. Based upon what I heard come out of their assistant coaches mouth caused my opinion. I thought it sounded like a good deal. Instead of paying expensive tuition at Pinewood, transfer and go to Mitty for free. Who wouldn’t take that offer? In my opinion that is recruiting. So I agreed with some of the other contributors in this thread.

I 100% stand behind and own everything I have said. I have no reason to lie. I am not associated with any school and could care less. I coach and develop the skills of young people. Some of you elitist people need a reality check. This is high school basketball.

That is a really strong handed word of mouth claim. And strange it gets brought up today and not in July when it was supposedly said.

Reactions: OnBall8
Go ahead and either disregard my opinion or ban me. Do whatever you want to do. I found this thread literally this week as I was looking for the section playoff schedule. I’ve been respectful and truthful.

Once again, to be brutally blunt, CCS girls' basketball is a nightmare, especially in the affluent heart of Silicon Valley where private/parochial schools compete for young talent without pause. Public school programs, for the most part, have to sit back and watch way too many of their best and brightest possible prospects drift off into the waiting arms of the private/parochials and their AAU cohorts.

I think many of us don’t know the rules when it comes to recruiting violations. Is this illegal for a player to transfer from one private school to another? Or is the fact that Mitty offered her full tuition paid? Are we supposed to believe private schools don’t take care of star athletes tuition to come to their school? What is illegal about this player leaving PW and transferring to Mitty?

Reactions: Girls_Hoops
It’s not about being sensitive, it’s the fact that if you are who you say you are ( or at least in the position you’re claiming you were in) then we know each other. So either you are lying to people’s faces, or you’re lying on here.. I know where I’m laying my bet..

Reactions: Girls_Hoops
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT