ADVERTISEMENT

DFAL PREDICTIONS 2/10

NorCalScout

Sports Fanatic
Jul 10, 2001
Campo over Dougherty- 15 game win streak doesn't end here tonight. One of the most balanced and well coached teams in the area, they play their style of basketball regardless of their opponent. Hansen is by far the MVP of this league and his has not disappointed anyone who had watched him play. This team can beat you with the inside game as well as the perimeter and their team defense is the best in this league. Dougherty is coming off a very impressive victory at Dublin on Friday night and has the ability to keep this close for a while but in the end, the Cougs will prove to much for them.

Las Lomas over Dublin- This was one heck of a game the last time these two teams meet and I will be in Walnut Creek to see this rematch. Bad spot for Dublin here as the Knights were destroyed by Campo Friday night and look to get back to their winning ways at home. Dublin has lost 3 of their last 5 games and are searching for answers, especially on the defensive end of the court. They gamble to much are always looking to make a big play instead of the smart play and they give up way to many easy baskets. I would never count out a Costello coached team because he comes up with one of two huge victories a year and this could be his 2nd one if they win here. Falls and Knox will need to be solid and Toney needs to be more aggressive at both ends of the court.

Miramonte over Alhambra- Miramonte is the most disappointing team in this league and when I see them play, look have talent but no heart. I am not sure if that comes from the coaching staff or their lack of toughness but it's almost hard to watch them play. Alhambra has impressed me at times with their up tempo play but their lack of defensive effort and or coaching it, is what is holding this team back. Both teams could be in the 80's, 90's or 100's in this game. If you want to see a high school basketball played the AAU way, go see this game, you won't be disappointed.

Campo by 20 to much Hanson and Clark well coached team who comes to play every night. It will be interesting to see them come playoff time as I still don't think they have the guard play to make a deep run in norcals.

Dublin by 3 at Las lomas scout you are right on point about how poor dublin's defense
is they don't protect the basket at all and they gamble for steals 50 60 feet from the
basket.With as talented as they are on the offensive end if they could just be average on defense and rebound
they could go far in NCS D2 with falls and knox.I believe they out score the Knights tonight
73 TO 70 as las lomas is having a hard time finding a consistent 2nd scorer to compliment
Wood.

Alhambra going for the sweep over miramonte I believe they get it done as scout has said
It will he a high scoring and fun game to watch I like the gaurd play for Alhambra
to be the difference 82 to 77

Winners:

Campolindo- It would have to take a miracle for them to lose here tonight. I don't see this team taking anyone lightly and they will come in with an undefeated league season in mind.

Dublin- To much talent to not to put it all together on back to back nights. I think their backs are up against the wall and I see a close one and possibly overtime to settle this one.

Alhambra- They can shoot it and score with the best of them and I think Miramonte has quit & that includes players and coaches.

Losers:

Dougherty- When playing solid at both ends, this is the 2nd best team in this league but they are still learning how to play as a team and once the best defensive team in this league, they are near the bottom this year and that why will finish 3rd or 4th in league.

Las Lomas- Has the ability to the 2nd best team in this league but lack a consistent 2nd and 3rd scorer as well as a low post threat when they need it most. Shoots way to many 3's and does not rebound well enough and that's why I have them losing tonight.

Miramonte- I said it up above and I will say it here again, they have quit. I have been to at least a half dozen games of theirs and I can see it in there body language as well as their crowds at home and on the road. Once a powerhouse in this league, now they are near the seller.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT