ADVERTISEMENT

Downey 2023 guard Lloyd French has committed to Stanislaus State

This is the new world for HS recruits. I think the schools that focus on HS talent could clean up in the coming years. All about finding the area that is undervalued.

This is the new world for HS recruits. I think the schools that focus on HS talent could clean up in the coming years. All about finding the area that is undervalued.
Agreed. Been saying it for while. D2 is no joke. High d2 players today were playing low -mid d1 when I played. Goes to show you hard it is to get a scholarship today especially d1 out of Hs.

Even D3 and the NAIA levels are full of kids now that were total studs in HS.

The depth of the talent pool in youth basketball is amazing.
Just to be clear. NAIA is not the same as D3. The NAIA is exactly the same level as D2. It's just a different organization, with many of them offering 100% full scholarships as opposed to the $3000 scholarships that San Franscisco State, Eastbay, Sonoma State provide.

I just wanted to point that out because many people get that confused with the NAIA. Its just a separate organization from the NCAA.

Reactions: M.C. fan
with
Just to be clear. NAIA is not the same as D3. The NAIA is exactly the same level as D2. It's just a different organization, with many of them offering 100% full scholarships as opposed to the $3000 scholarships that San Franscisco State, Eastbay, Sonoma State provide.

I just wanted to point that out because many people get that confused with the NAIA. Its just a separate organization from the NCAA.
with some current ncaa members starting in the naia.
james naismith had a naia tournament before the ncaa tournament

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT