ADVERTISEMENT

El Cerrito wins a squeaker over Campolindo

djgaucho

Sports Fanatic
Feb 11, 2013
El Cerrito wins a close one over Campolindo ..very impressed with both teams . Hansen for Campo is a beast he was unstoppable tonight and Campo team defense is strong limiting El Cerrito to 57 points.Campo will go a long way in playoffs .no team short of Odowd would want to play them....El Cerrito looked very strong and focused tonight they had a chance to knock out Campo early but Campo fought back .El Cerrito was just a little too athletic tonight .Both teams needed a game like this heading into playoffs.final Ec 57 Campo 51

Score was 55-50 EC. Good game between two great teams. Campolindo played without 6-5 Austin Clarke who is their second leading scorer. too bad these teams will not play a third game against each other this year.

Chris Hansen

Watching that kid over the pass few months, I am thoroughly impressed. San Diego got them a gem..he is big and strong and athletic. Great hands and a nose for the ball..I know ex Cal coach Lou Cmpanelli use to work him out. He is the second most unguardable behind Rabb in the class of 2015. Campo probably are better without Reilly because Hansen is go to guy which leaves all the shooters open. I see NCP had him 24..umm I think that will change to a top 5 spot...cant argue with a kid getting 20plus and 14 reb..on a top team

Hard to argue getting a free ride to UCSD which is one of the best UC schools in the system. Plus its in the most beautiful location in the world. (La Jolla) He will play right away and be a big contributor. Just a banger and old school player with awesome hands. Reminded me of a poor man's kevin love when he was in HS.

Legend, did you see K Love play HS ball? I lived near Lake Oswego when Love was there and saw about half his games... Totally dominant!

btw, the first thing I thought when I went to a Campo game after moving back to Cali was "That dude looks a LOT like Kevin Love!" A little less height, a bit wider, facially quite similar.

K Love had the best hands I ever saw on a HS big, but Hansen's aren't all that far behind. And Hansen is actually better at defense than Love was at the same age. Of course, the biggest difference is rebounding... Hansen's quite good, but Love was a total BEAST! Saw him get 50 pts and 21 rebounds in only his second game back after a year-long surgical recovery.

From watching Hansen Saturday vs Ec he's got all the tools he's a beast inside, good hands, nice post moves and he can shoot but he's a little over weight and I think he will struggle defensively against athletic ,taller guys in both high school and college levels.He kind of tired out in tthe 4 th quarter vs Ec.

Kiddman- You and I think a lot like. Those guys look like twins. Yeah, I saw klove play in HS. It was pure power and talent. People forget he probably went 6"9 265+ in HS and UCLA. He was carrying a lot of weight. He has dropped 40 poounds or so and is a completely different player now.

Hansen is probably 6-6-6"7 which most likely killed his recruiting to be a #4 at the next level. If he was 6"9 sadly a Pac12 school would have offered. I'm sure he could play at St Marys, USF, Santa Clara, etc today. But UCSD? Wow. They have a D1 facility and play in the best D2 conference in the nation.

Going to be fun playoffs this year.

I was at this game and the word was that Clarke had been suspended, not sure for what but it was a suspension and not an injury.

Wow Larry, he cld play at SM?... The kid goes to HS 5min from St Marys. Don't you think if he cld help them win, they would have signed him? Give the SM staff a little credit.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT