ADVERTISEMENT

Elijah Dotson is an LA Charger; Jake Browning wins #2 job in Cincy

ThunderRam

Hall of Famer
Sep 19, 2009
Just wanted to give a shout out to NorCal/Antelope HS/Sac State product, Elijah Dotson. Son of former Grant Union Pacer great Robert Dotson. And Jake Browning, the all-time great Folsom Bulldog QB.

Dotson made the Chargers initial 53-man roster today. That, of course, could change at any time. But he's made it for now, which is quite the accomplishment for the undrafted rookie who played 3 seasons at Sac State.

Browning has won the backup job behind Joe Burrow after several years of bouncing around various practice squads. Also quite the accomplishment.

Both are officially NFL players now.

Also, it appears that former Sac State Hornet stars DeAndre Carter and Marte Mapu also made the cut.

As of 3pm, Carter wasn't listed as a cut by the Las Vegas Raiders and Mapu was expected make the Patriots roster as a 3rd round pick. Apparently Mapu has been good in camp and fellow players have lauded his versatility.

That's 4 former Hornets on an NFL roster and 3 former Sac area NorCal HS stars (DaRon Bland is the 3rd).

Please feel free to call out anybody I missed.

Last edited:
Just wanted to give a shout out to NorCal/Antelope HS/Sac State product, Elijah Dotson. Son of former Grant Union Pacer great Robert Dotson. And Jake Browning, the all-time great Folsom Bulldog QB.

Dotson made the Chargers initial 53-man roster today. That, of course, could change at any time. But he's made it for now, which is quite the accomplishment for the undrafted rookie who played 3 seasons at Sac State.

Browning has won the backup job behind Joe Burrow after several years of bouncing around various practice squads. Also quite the accomplishment.

Both are officially NFL players now.

Also, it appears that former Sac State Hornet stars DeAndre Carter and Marte Mapu also made the cut.

As of 3pm, Carter wasn't listed as a cut by the Las Vegas Raiders and Mapu was expected make the Patriots roster as a 3rd round pick. Apparently Mapu has been good in camp and fellow players have lauded his versatility.

That's three former Hornets on an NFL roster and 2 former Sac area NorCal HS stars.

Please feel free to call out anybody I missed.
Stone Smartt is still with the Chargers and Joe Ngata was cut by the Eagles. Great news for Dotson. What a player he is and will be playing with another local kid with the Chargers. I'll be watching a lot the Chargers this year to watch them develop.
I think Stone Smartt made the Chargers roster, right?
Correct

Stone Smartt is still with the Chargers and Joe Ngata was cut by the Eagles. Great news for Dotson. What a player he is and will be playing with another local kid with the Chargers. I'll be watching a lot the Chargers this year to watch them develop.

Correct

I can't believe I forgot about Stone. I remember seeing him with the Chargers last season. I met him at Whitney HS prior to a playoff game a few years back (I think it was Casa Roble v. Rio Linda w/ Skattebo). Super nice kid.

Glad to know he's still with the Chargers, and now teammates with Eazy.

Hope to see Joe Ngata picked up by another team.

I can't believe I forgot about Stone. I remember seeing him with the Chargers last season. I met him at Whitney HS prior to a playoff game a few years back (I think it was Casa Roble v. Rio Linda w/ Skattebo). Super nice kid.

Glad to know he's still with the Chargers, and now teammates with Eazy.

Hope to see Joe Ngata picked up by another team.
Looks like Joe got a spot on the Eagles practice squad.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT