ADVERTISEMENT

Final Ole Miss 54 Stanford 49

becoolpt55

Hall of Famer
Aug 20, 2017
San Jose
OM scores last 5 points of the game.
In the last minute H Jones commits a foul after Stanford turns the ball over with the game tied at 49… then she loses the ball and it goes out of bounds and then she makes a terrible inbound pass across the court which is picked off for another turnover

Last edited:
OM scores last 5 points of the game.
In the last minute H Jones commits a foul after Stanford turns the ball over with the game tied at 49… then she loses the ball and it goes out of bounds and then she makes a terrible inbound pass across the court which is picked off for another turnover
those were some odd plays drawn up

More than anything else theses games showed parity has arrived in the women’s game at the college level. There are a lot of good players and coaches across the board. The days of just showing up and winning for the big dogs are gone. UCLA v Okla was a fun watch as well.

Tara needs to retire… she is used up
Man, will you STFU...you say the most stupid and outrageous things. Tara is doing a great job on the Farm and her program hans't slipped a bit. Upsets happen and that's why they play the game.

Reactions: MC415
Playing the first two tournament games at home is such a huge advantage. Prior to that loss they made the sweet sixteen the last fifteen years. Which lead me to believe that means they won 30 consecutive NCAA tournament games at home. Pretty impressive.
Their seed and homes are earned during the season.

Now I will admit it’s pretty bad considering that Stanford is the most talent collection of talent in the nation. Credit to ole Miss for fighting and earning the win. Looked to me like the moment was too much for the Stanford seniors.

If this is it for Tara I congratulate on an amazing career. She is a classy champion and in my opinion has been the best basketball coach in the Bay Area for a long time. Much better than the guy coaching at Chase Center. 😆

Reactions: MC415
Playing the first two tournament games at home is such a huge advantage. Prior to that loss they made the sweet sixteen the last fifteen years. Which lead me to believe that means they won 30 consecutive NCAA tournament games at home. Pretty impressive.
Their seed and homes are earned during the season.

Now I will admit it’s pretty bad considering that Stanford is the most talent collection of talent in the nation. Credit to ole Miss for fighting and earning the win. Looked to me like the moment was too much for the Stanford seniors.

If this is it for Tara I congratulate on an amazing career. She is a classy champion and in my opinion has been the best basketball coach in the Bay Area for a long time. Much better than the guy coaching at Chase Center. 😆
the most talent collection of everyone in the nation? really? they have some glaring weaknesses.
also why do they play at home sites and not at neutral sites like the men?

as far as the fella at chase center... he aight

Stanford absolutely does not have the best collection of talent in the nation. Their admission standards will not permit it.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Norcal_Fan
the most talent collection of everyone in the nation? really? they have some glaring weaknesses.
also why do they play at home sites and not at neutral sites like the men?

as far as the fella at chase center... he aight
In your expert view, who should be coaching (managing) the Warriors at this dysfunctional juncture?

Beginning with Green's shameful attack on Poole last fall, Golden State has been the opposite of a true team. It's not one-for-all and all-for-one, it's all-about-me-me-me, my contract, my minutes, my agent, my collection of hangers-on and yes-men (and women). It's ugly.

why do the women play at the home sites?
Originally I think it was about money. The game has now evolved and with parity they should make it like the mens. Home court doesn’t guarantee victories or crowds. We went to the Austin games last weekend and the Drake vs Louisville had about 1500 people. Louisville vs Texas was over 5000. We are headed to Seattle for this weekend’s games so it will be interesting to see how big the crowds are.

Originally I think it was about money. The game has now evolved and with parity they should make it like the mens. Home court doesn’t guarantee victories or crowds. We went to the Austin games last weekend and the Drake vs Louisville had about 1500 people. Louisville vs Texas was over 5000. We are headed to Seattle for this weekend’s games so it will be interesting to see how big the crowds are.
as bad as the ball is for mens in nor cal we better be glad it isnt played at home sites. we would never get home games!

They cannot play the women's first round at anything but home sites because no arena will bid for them. There are not enough fans who will fly around the country to support women's basketball.

They tried a bid process where schools were allowed to bid to host, which meant that the rich schools bid for home sites. And since those rich schools hosted, that meant their teams played at home, resulting in a fourth seed mid-major playing in the arena of a 13th seeded major.

The present system at least rewards teams that play well by giving them host sites. Allowing schools to bid rewarded rich schools. And neutral sites are a no-go not only because of the money but because playing in front of a "crowd" of several hundred is very bad optics for women's basketball and ESPN.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT