ADVERTISEMENT

Gabe Vincent represeting

I read recently (forgot where the article was at) that UCSB offered Gabe a coaching job when he was grinding in the G League but decided to stick with the playing route. Major fork in the road moment

Great to watch. Loved him at st marys Stockton and UCSB. Another guy who didn’t need prep route to do his thing.
that isnt completely true. he is there now, but he wasnt a lottery pick. so the same argument can be made that a prep school would have given him that.
or how about he went to private school instead of his public high school, so he sort of did bail on the traditional route of playing with all your local buddies.
his offers were from wcc schools, sjsu, utah st. gonzaga and st marys college did not offer.

he didnt go to a prep school but HE got it out the mud when he didnt get drafted.

that isnt completely true. he is there now, but he wasnt a lottery pick. so the same argument can be made that a prep school would have given him that.
or how about he went to private school instead of his public high school, so he sort of did bail on the traditional route of playing with all your local buddies.
his offers were from wcc schools, sjsu, utah st. gonzaga and st marys college did not offer.

he didnt go to a prep school but HE got it out the mud when he didnt get drafted.
There are 14 people in the whole world that will be picked in this year's lottery. I don't think any prep HS / private HS / public HS really influences who gets picked in the lottery. Either the teams think you have what it takes or you don't. There are only 60 people in the whole world, including the lottery picks, that will get drafted this year in the NBA. I also don't think that for most of them their high school experience significantly matters to the NBA teams. The key is if a player has the desire , drive. and skill, and keeps developing as a player and person, the NBA or overseas teams will find them. Obviously Gonzaga and St. Mary's College didn't see him as a fit for their program at the time, and maybe they made a mistake. Anybody can make a mistake. Portland selected Sam Bowie. :oops:

Reactions: BadBucks
There are 14 people in the whole world that will be picked in this year's lottery. I don't think any prep HS / private HS / public HS really influences who gets picked in the lottery. Either the teams think you have what it takes or you don't. There are only 60 people in the whole world, including the lottery picks, that will get drafted this year in the NBA. I also don't think that for most of them their high school experience significantly matters to the NBA teams. The key is if a player has the desire , drive. and skill, and keeps developing as a player and person, the NBA or overseas teams will find them. Obviously Gonzaga and St. Mary's College didn't see him as a fit for their program at the time, and maybe they made a mistake. Anybody can make a mistake. Portland selected Sam Bowie. :oops:
Well said. You can’t teach desire, work ethic, and overall attitude. And it’s really hard to scout for that stuff. Miami has figured something out though. But Pat Riley is one of the greats and Eric Spoelstra is quickly climbing the ladder. (That’s he’s already high up)

I remember watching Vincent at Jesuit tourney. He was really a sound player. Certainly I thought a d1 kid. Did I ever think he would be starting on a team that is a legit nba title contender? Hell no.

I also saw Gordon at same tourney. I said he was a pro. No doubt . Not hard to spot when you are that big of a unicorn. Both kids had several things in common. They were great teammates and played extremely hard. Clearly well coached and parented.

you also said nobody would beat ponderosa and the kid from jesuit was the best thing since pants with pockets

you also said nobody would beat ponderosa and the kid from jesuit was the best thing since pants with pockets
Just dumb Brah. Turn the page.
You either work at the dmv or state , city of, county of.
Explains your ignorance and aptitude.

That was a dippy response, Ankle.

My ?????? was obviously a question about what #nblisback means.

I would guess it is for the North Bay League, but I don't get the point of it on this thread LOL

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT