ADVERTISEMENT

Girls Basketball Viewing Period Notes

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
This isn't a complete list of teams, but some notes gathered from this past weekend:

Cal Stars 17U EYBL went 4-1 at Boo Williams. In three games posted with stats, Anya Choice was the top NorCal player in scoring at 6 points per game and made three 3s.

Cal Stars 16U EYBL went 4-2 at Boo Williams.

Golden City 17U UAA went 3-2 at its first stop. In a loss to WV Thunder, Amaya Bonner had 29 points and Mya Blake had 15 points.

Top Flight Elite 17U won the consolation game of its 17U bracket at the Elite is Earned tournament.

Cal Stars Sac 17s, Cal Stars 17 Navy and Sac Sting Gold were runner-ups in other 17U field.

Last edited:
Cal Stars 17 EYBL had a impressive showing at Boo Williams, only losing once, to eventual Platinum Division Champ, Team Takeover(DC/Maryland) by 12, the closest any team came to them all weekend. Stars won their pool easily and won the 5th place game over Colorado Premier by 20+. Great contributions from starting backcourt Anya Choice and Tameiya Sadler, and off the bench from Amaya Oliver, Abigail Muse, Talana Lepolo, Bria Shine, Charity Gallegos, Rachel Harvey, Kenna Holt, and Mia Mastrov.
SoCal player Brooke Demetre led the team in scoring and looked virtually unstoppable out there, pretty much getting any shot she wanted. Along with Stamford commit Cameron Brink and Windward's McKayla Williams, Stars looked like one of the deepest teams out there.

Reactions: basketba11
Kylie Hortsmeyer, daughter of former Cal coach Caren Horstmeyer, was named all-tourney for the Cal Stars' 16U team. She's a 5-10 guard.

Reactions: coachlittle
Also at the Elite is Earned event...
Metro San Jose won their 16u bracket. Wade coaches this team, presumably made up of some pres kids mixed with some others.
San Jose Cagers 14u team won their bracket, presumably made up of a number of kids going to AM next year.
San Jose Cagers Blue got 3rd in their bracket only losing to the Vegas Bulldogs (all centennial kids I believe) by 9. The bulldogs next closest game was like 34 points.

In regards to the Cal Stars EYBL, I watched their first game (a 2 pt win) and they did not look like the balanced team being described above so I am glad they got it together.

Over at the Adidas gauntlet...
Peninsula Elite Platinum goes 1-4. Once being held to 30pts and once being held to 23.
Peninsula Elite Gold goes 2-2.

JBS 2020 also goes 1-4
JBS 2021 goes 4-1 with the one loss looking like a forfeit.. sunday afternoon game so probably had travel plans. Good showing for them

Over at the Adidas gauntlet...
Peninsula Elite Platinum goes 1-4. Once being held to 30pts and once being held to 23.
Peninsula Elite Gold goes 2-2.

JBS 2020 also goes 1-4
JBS 2021 goes 4-1 with the one loss looking like a forfeit.. sunday afternoon game so probably had travel plans. Good showing for them
JBS 2021 was up by 20 at half time had to leave to catch flgihts ..

JBS 2021 was up by 20 at half time had to leave to catch flgihts ..
Yup, thats what I figured when I saw the score posted as W-F haha its not about the win-loss record during a viewing period as much as it is about how the kids play and show off their skills/talents. Seems like you accomplished that coach!

Cal Ballaz 17U went 2-2 at Boo Williams
Cal Ballaz 16U went 2-2 at Boo Williams
What I would like to see is Cal Stars, JBS, Peninsula Elite, Golden City, SJ Cagers and Cal Ballaz all compete in one tournament.

Most or all of those teams used to play in the hoopz on the hill tournament in the east bay in the summer time as a tune up for the viewing period. I saw good games being played there a few years back. Not sure if they all attend now or not.

This isn't a complete list of teams, but some notes gathered from this past weekend:

Cal Stars 17U EYBL went 4-1 at Boo Williams. In three games posted with stats, Anya Choice was the top NorCal player in scoring at 6 points per game and made three 3s.

Cal Stars 16U EYBL went 4-2 at Boo Williams.

Golden City 17U UAA went 3-2 at its first stop. In a loss to WV Thunder, Amaya Bonner had 29 points and Mya Blake had 15 points.

Top Flight Elite 17U won the consolation game of its 17U bracket at the Elite is Earned tournament.

Cal Stars Sac 17s, Cal Stars 17 Navy and Sac Sting Gold were runner-ups in other 17U field.

Lady NorCal Dynasty Elite beat Top Flight on Friday. Had 3 injuries (Alli McDonald- Union Mine 2020 ankle, Grace Bliss- Colfax 2020, Alyssa Baker- whitney 2019) that sideline the girls for rest of tourney. Team went 2-2

Cal Ballaz 17U went 2-2 at Boo Williams
Cal Ballaz 16U went 2-2 at Boo Williams
What I would like to see is Cal Stars, JBS, Peninsula Elite, Golden City, SJ Cagers and Cal Ballaz all compete in one tournament.

That would be GREAT for Norcal basketball if they all did. Why do you think they don't? too much to lose for Cal Stars?

Reactions: CoachDViks
I think two years ago Cal Stars and Peninsula Elite met in the finals at the Hoops on the Hill.

Top local teams playing each other happens more on the girls side than boys side, but it would be great if it happened more

That would be GREAT for Norcal basketball if they all did. Why do you think they don't? too much to lose for Cal Stars?
Everyone runs their own tournaments now.. why would Peninsula elite go to the cal stars tournament when they can run their own and make money.. lord knows theres enough teams to fill spots.. checks clear no matter the quality of play you put on the court

Streak One,
Any news/roster information for the Lady Soldiers? I believe the 17U team played down south this past weekend.

Also according to twitter their 16u went 2-2 at elite is earned but on exposure it has them as 1-3 so who knows

17U Lady Soldiers

2022 Alicia Enriquez (Laguna Creek HS)
2022 Zaria Glover (James Logan HS)
2021 Simone Johnson (West Campus)
2021 Milan Tuttle (Scared Hart Cathedral HS)
2021 Sidney Richards (Inderkum HS)
2021 Joe'l Benoit (Inderkum HS)
2021 Imani Felix (C.K. McClatchy HS)
2020 Nesi Finau (West Campus)
2020 Rayonni Mack (Vanden High School)
2020 Jemai Bailey (Vanden High School)
2020 Ty Grady (Vanden High School)

That would be amazing if they all played against one another. Well I think Cal Stars, Cal Ballaz, Peninsula Elite and Golden City will all be at the Hoops on the Hill in June, but I can't really say why they don't play...maybe teams are afraid they're gonna get exposed. I wanna see all them including Lady Soldiers and JBS in one tournament. Lets make this happen.

Cal Stars EYBL played Pennisula Elite Platinum at Tune Up For the View couple a weeks ago, score was 59-27, Stars. It would be great if they all played in same tourney tho.

Last edited:
Reactions: LBJ6
I am sure it was a typo by Mr Choice. Sense I coach and Direct Peninsula Elite, we scored more than 2 points. I believe the score was 59-27. Still an impressive win by Cal Stars.

On another note, this weekend many of the local programs will be playing in the 4th annual battle zone invitational at Skyline College. I try to get all of the top programs together but it seems we can’t make it happen. Hopefully we can get everyone together soon.

JBS 2020
JBS 2021
Peninsula Elite Platinum
Peninsula Elite Gold
Golden City UAA
Golden City 16u UAA
Arizona Select UAA
Lady Soldiers

Cal Stars 17 EYBL had a impressive showing at Boo Williams, only losing once, to eventual Platinum Division Champ, Team Takeover(DC/Maryland) by 12, the closest any team came to them all weekend. Stars won their pool easily and won the 5th place game over Colorado Premier by 20+. Great contributions from starting backcourt Anya Choice and Tameiya Sadler, and off the bench from Amaya Oliver, Abigail Muse, Talana Lepolo, Bria Shine, Charity Gallegos, Rachel Harvey, Kenna Holt, and Mia Mastrov.
SoCal player Brooke Demetre led the team in scoring and looked virtually unstoppable out there, pretty much getting any shot she wanted. Along with Stamford commit Cameron Brink and Windward's McKayla Williams, Stars looked like one of the deepest teams out there.

Did Demetre commit to Stanford as well?

Most or all of those teams used to play in the hoopz on the hill tournament in the east bay in the summer time as a tune up for the viewing period. I saw good games being played there a few years back. Not sure if they all attend now or not.
I am sure it was a typo by Mr Choice. Sense I coach and Direct Peninsula Elite, we scored more than 2 points. I believe the score was 59-27. Still an impressive win by Cal Stars.

On another note, this weekend many of the local programs will be playing in the 4th annual battle zone invitational at Skyline College. I try to get all of the top programs together but it seems we can’t make it happen. Hopefully we can get everyone together soon.

JBS 2020
JBS 2021
Peninsula Elite Platinum
Peninsula Elite Gold
Golden City UAA
Golden City 16u UAA
Arizona Select UAA
Lady Soldiers
Whats up Coach....don't leave out them Ballaz, Leroy alway support you. This should be good and I am definitely looking to see where we stack up.

Whats up Coach....don't leave out them Ballaz, Leroy alway support you. This should be good and I am definitely looking to see where we stack up.

Leroy is a legend in the Bay Area. No way we can leave his program out. He’s in for this weekend. By the way, Leroy is the first person who supported what we were doing on the Peninsula and is always available to give me advice. We will be at Hoopz on the Hill supporting!

Reactions: Dukesf23
Leroy is a legend in the Bay Area. No way we can leave his program out. He’s in for this weekend. By the way, Leroy is the first person who supported what we were doing on the Peninsula and is always available to give me advice. We will be at Hoopz on the Hill supporting!
Its always good that we are supporting one another. See this weekend.

Reactions: jstblev
We will see you on Sunday, I love to see everyone come to Sacramento...just believe...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT