ADVERTISEMENT

Good luck Clubsport Cobras 2015's

personalogic

Hall of Famer
Feb 24, 2003
I ran my Clubsport of San Ramon Cobras 2015 team from the time the girls were in the fifth grade until the summer after tenth grade. Many fine players came and went and (sometimes) came back again, and not all stuck with basketball. But I am pleased that (by my count) there are still 14 of them playing hard and doing well for their varsity high school teams.

I want to wish them all good luck as they start league games this week. I am planning on seeing all of them play, hopefully more than once, before their senior campaigns are done.

Thanks to all of them and their parents for many hours in the practice gym and on the road. I hope all of them had as much fun as I did.

Coach Gary Beeler

PS Here's the list. I really hope I didn't miss anyone. :)

EMILY BARRETT - FOOTHILL

TYLORE BELL - AMERICAN

HALEY BITZER - COLLEGE PREP

MEGAN CAVALLO - SAN RAMON VALLEY

AMANDA DAILY - MONTE VISTA

KAYLA FRIERSON - VALLEY CHRISTIAN (DUBLIN)

RACHEL HERNANDEZ - LIVERMORE

ALYSSA LORENZO -VALLEY CHRISTIAN (DUBLIN)

ARIAH MACK - AMADOR VALLEY

SHOSHANA MERRIMAN - BISHOP O'DOWD

SYDNEY RAGGIO - ST. IGNATIUS

KATIE RATHBUN - CARONDELET

JENNA SPARKS - CASTRO VALLEY

ALLY WOO - CASTRO VALLEY

There's a lot of talented players listed above

I remember when my daughter was in junior high school the Cobras were one of the very best teams around, and as parents we knew that when we played them you better come ready to work or you were going home with an L.

Looks like you are guaranteed to be a big winner this season.

It is a very impressive list. I have coached against most of these players the last four years and now I have the pleasure of coaching Mack at AV this year. Great job Coach!!! See you on the courts.

Coach Al Chavira

That was an exciting time. Was it only 5-6 years ago? Some great 2015 teams including Sportstrong coached by Mike Casten, West Coast Xtreme coached by Danny Anderson, and Mission Rec coached by the late Oscar Jimenez.

Thanks, Al. Saw one of AV's games in the WCJ - can't wait to see another when you have both Ariah and Daniella on the court!

Seems like yesterday our daughters 7th grade (CalStars) team would scrimmage the Cobras regularly at Iron Horse JH. Those scrimmages made her a better player! Now they are all seniors. Time flies.

Haha. Of course the one team I forgot to mention was Martin Oliveira's Cal Stars group. No quarter given in those scrimmages for sure.

Hey PL, upcoming week is a two-fer for you to watch some of your girls, plus a PG who highly respects your coaching, on both sides of the ball. Carondelet plays both Foothill and AV this week. BTW, Hughes and Rathbun combined for 47 last night..

It didn't work out this week, but next week I will be at Bentley for sure. Flag me down and say hi. We can talk about the good old days. :)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT