ADVERTISEMENT

Jaylen Wells heads to Pac-12

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
Jaylen Wells (Folsom) is coming off a CCAA Player of the Year season at Sonoma State and will play at Washington State next year.

Wells had a big senior year at Folsom during the COVID spring season

Might be one of the biggest misses I can recall and Covid was a lot to blame. He will be a very good player for wazzu

I think this is a path that a lot of HS Seniors should consider. Take the DII offer in a conference like CCAA, play well, be a good teammate and then transfer up. With the transfer portal now, it's so hard for a HS Senior to earn a D1 scholarship unless you're top of the class. Tons of really good HS players are waiting for D1 offers which may not come now.

Khalil Shabazz at USF is another great example of moving from D11 to D1 and having a great career.

Reactions: sachoopcoach
I think this is a path that a lot of HS Seniors should consider. Take the DII offer in a conference like CCAA, play well, be a good teammate and then transfer up. With the transfer portal now, it's so hard for a HS Senior to earn a D1 scholarship unless you're top of the class. Tons of really good HS players are waiting for D1 offers which may not come now.

Khalil Shabazz at USF is another great example of moving from D11 to D1 and having a great career.
I totally agree. The CCAA is a loaded conference and heck it’s hard getting a scholarship their now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT