ADVERTISEMENT

Keshad Johnson Transfer Commit

Too bad he’s leaving a tough gritty program to join the softest most overrated choking program in the nation, one thing you can always count on is all the 37 4 and 5 star players on Arizona to choke come tourney time

Reactions: M.C. fan
yeah that’s odd move. He’s the perfect SDSU player. 6”7, can guard multiple positions, plays big, and most importantly can’t shoot a lick! Sorry but never developed any offensive game.

Too bad he’s leaving a tough gritty program to join the softest most overrated choking program in the nation, one thing you can always count on is all the 37 4 and 5 star players on Arizona to choke come tourney time
dogg

• Haha
Reactions: MC415
Dog….NIL money aside, how many final 4s has Zona made since 2001? Yeah that’s what I thought and that’s with a top 10 recruiting class every year……..no college basketball program has gotten less bang for their buck with elite top tier recruits then Zona, always can count on them to fold the second adversity hits come tourney time

Last edited:
Reactions: M.C. fan
Dog….NIL money aside, how many final 4s has Zona made since 2001? Yeah that’s what I thought and that’s with a top 10 recruiting class every year……..no college basketball program has gotten less bang for their buck with elite top tier recruits then Zona, always can count on them to fold the second adversity hits come tourney time
They don’t get much out of there talent. They’ve had plenty of success during reg season but it rarely translates to post season.
Just seems like a strange move to me. SDSU is the darling of college hoops and the athletic program is on major uptick. Coach seemed as genuine as a good person is out there. Johnson is a role player who will get you 7-8pts and
4/5 boards. Maybe gives Zona some toughness and maturity?

He’s easily making 100-200 k more to play one season at Arizona than he would at SDSU. He’s not going to be an nba player so that’s a lot of money for a 21 year old.

Reactions: PatCarrillo
He’s easily making 100-200 k more to play one season at Arizona than he would at SDSU. He’s not going to be an nba player so that’s a lot of money for a 21 year old.
are the student athletes repped by agents or are doing these nil on their own? anyone with a kid on scholarship know this information?

That’s why I said NIL aside, but yeah money

I have a hard time believing this kid will make 100-200k next year in college. I don’t see it .

I have a hard time believing this kid will make 100-200k next year in college. I don’t see it .
Well you obviously don’t follow the NIL landscape and what kids see getting paid at the big name schools. He will minimally be making 100-200 k more. Not a total number.

are the student athletes repped by agents or are doing these nil on their own? anyone with a kid on scholarship know this information?
I think most if not all players and their families deal with advisors to help navigate it

Well you obviously don’t follow the NIL landscape and what kids see getting paid at the big name schools. He will minimally be making 100-200 k more. Not a total number.
We aren’t talking about that Cavinder twins. Thid is a kid with 8k IG followers and little recognition outside of bay are. Hell most people who follow sports in out area wouldn’t know who he was.

I follow NIL enough to know he’s not getting 100-200k more then SDSU. The big name Kids Are getting 75%+ NIl. It’s no different than how people pay for talent in pro sports.

Reactions: TurtleLoveCA
We aren’t talking about that Cavinder twins. Thid is a kid with 8k IG followers and little recognition outside of bay are. Hell most people who follow sports in out area wouldn’t know who he was.

I follow NIL enough to know he’s not getting 100-200k more then SDSU. The big name Kids Are getting 75%+ NIl. It’s no different than how people pay for talent in pro sports.
you follow the cavinder twins?

You are out of your depth on this one LL. If you are a rotation player at a Kansas, Kentucky, Arizona type school you are being paid huge money just out of the boosters “community” fund. If you are an absolute dude or have a huge social media presence then yes you will attract additional revenue from companies. He’s getting paid by the basketvall boosters.

You are out of your depth on this one LL. If you are a rotation player at a Kansas, Kentucky, Arizona type school you are being paid huge money just out of the boosters “community” fund. If you are an absolute dude or have a huge social media presence then yes you will attract additional revenue from companies. He’s getting paid by the basketvall boosters.
WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG. You haven't got a clue what you're talking about. You have no idea of the NIL rules. You're embarrassing yourself.

To what Universities do you donate? I give to three and every school has given do's and don't's to donors AND I have friends that are athletic directors, assistant athletic directors, former athletic directors and Conference Presidents. LEARN BEFORE YOU POST IDIOTIC CRAP.

WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG. You haven't got a clue what you're talking about. You have no idea of the NIL rules. You're embarrassing yourself.

To what Universities do you donate? I give to three and every school has given do's and don't's to donors AND I have friends that are athletic directors, assistant athletic directors, former athletic directors and Conference Presidents. LEARN BEFORE YOU POST IDIOTIC CRAP.
Hey dipshit, you ever heard of an NIL collective? Very common thing at the high majors maybe you should read about it. Boosters run these and pay the players. They are not making a donation to school. Pull your head out of your ass.

Hey dipshit, you ever heard of an NIL collective? Very common thing at the high majors maybe you should read about it. Boosters run these and pay the players. They are not making a donation to school. Pull your head out of your ass.
I know people that were putting money together for a major transfer and you still don't know SHIT about how any of it works. And, you ****ing moron, 99% of them ARE DONORS

From what ive read and talked too peeps about it’s a little bit of the Wild West. (Like this board). But I’ve been around the block and I do know it’s not nearly as lucrative for the average or even above average joe. It’s too good to be true it probably is…

Sure the Texas, Bama ,Duke, UK of the world are going to have outliers but until I see all these kids driving up in better cars then the coaches I won’t believe it.

There is little transparency and disclosure right now. Again, I’m talking about this particular case. The Celtics have s better Chance of winning the series then this kid has in getting 200k more then he got at SDSU. And for the record I think Johnson is a good college player who will be a gritty player for Zona.

The thing with NIL is it helps both sides to inflate numbers. Players want to increase their profile and schools use it as a recruiting tool. So finding the true amount is nearly impossible.

The thing with NIL is it helps both sides to inflate numbers. Players want to increase their profile and schools use it as a recruiting tool. So finding the true amount is nearly impossible.
One of most intelligent things said on the matter. It’s the gold rush to me. Lots of fools gold and not much of the real stuff. Wait unti you see how many kids say I was promised xyz and I got to eat for free at burger barn and drive a stripped down Ford ranger for the season.

Good game from Keshad last night. Led Arizona with 14pts 8reb vs Duke, including an and 1 with 47 sec left to give Arizona the lead which they never gave back. So far he's second on the team with 14ppg and leads with 7.5 rpg in the 2 games they've played. Good start for the young man, let's hope he keeps it up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT