ADVERTISEMENT

Mitty Game 1/15

Have to know where everyone is
The same same night Etiwanda plays Luhi
That should be a good one
I have to get more BallerTV for that one

It's important to note that Sue Phillips is not the only coach involved in the Mitty program these days and nights. Her excellent assistants have major roles, both during the season and outside it. She is far from a solo act. She has lots of outstanding help. In reality, the year-round Mitty program, a full-time business really, is like a college program in many ways. And that includes attracting (I use that term carefully) talent from all over the Greater Bay Area.

Last edited:
Have to know where everyone is
The same same night Etiwanda plays Luhi
That should be a good one
I have to get more BallerTV for that one
I think LuHi beats Etiwanda. Etiwanda has Kennedy and Aliyahna Morris two ESPN ranked players but it doesn't feel like they have the same depth and resolve as they had the last two years. But we won't know until they play. Should be a good one.

It's important to note that Sue Phillips is not the only coach involved in the Mitty program these days and nights. Her excellent assistants have major roles, both during the season and outside it. She is far from a solo act. She has lots of outstanding help. In reality, the year-round Mitty program, a full-time business really, is like a college program in many ways. And that includes attracting (I use that term carefully) talent from all over the Greater Bay Area.
Tell us about attracting talent… how does
That happen… after you can “attract” 7 or 8 D1 athletes into your program…is it really that difficult to fail???

Also I noticed Etiwanda plays Sidwell on 1/13 at 1030 PST.. Sidwell is very good
If you look at Etiwanda's schedule they are putting themselves through a ringer consistently. I wonder if they did this believing that Socal wouldn't be as strong and they needed to get some good competition from other sources. We will see if it pays off come state playoffs.

There is always that nagging question when it comes to successful private/parochial coaches in any sport: How successful would they be at the low-level, low-emphasis, low-wealth neighborhood public school (or any school in that mediocre category for that matter)? And what defines "success" anyway? I would posit that success means different things at different schools at different times. And who, precisely, gets to make that call, the judgment on success, at all? It's a matter of expectations and perspective. It's subjective and in the eyes of the beholder(s).

Last edited:
There is always that nagging question when it comes to successful private/parochial coaches in any sport: How successful would they be at the low-level, low-emphasis, low-wealth neighborhood public school (or any school in that mediocre category for that matter? And what defines "success" anyway? I would posit that success means different things at different schools at different times. And who, precisely, gets to make that call, the judgment on success, at all? It's all a matter of expectations and perspective.
God analysis. Should my taxes go to support players that don't care. Why have a gym in most schools.

I think the Mittys girls team, if they played against the guys, would be a top 25 team in the Bay Area.

They are steamrolling teams in the WCAL and I don’t know if any team outside of SH will be able to keep it within 20 pts.

I think the Mittys girls team, if they played against the guys, would be a top 25 team in the Bay Area.

They are steamrolling teams in the WCAL and I don’t know if any team outside of SH will be able to keep it within 20 pts.
You are absolutely incorrect.

Reactions: ClayK

They would get destroyed. The best women's team in the world would be severely challenged by an elite boys' high school basketball team, and would struggle mightily with a Division III men's team.

this has been discussed... and since you coached at an elite level, you gotta know better

They would get spanked against the boys let's be real. They are a great girls team but they are food for the wolves against the top boys team for Open, D1, D2 & D3 and probably lower. If that was the case no one would care if transgender athletes competed in Women's sports. Come on now.

They would get spanked against the boys let's be real. They are a great girls team but they are food for the wolves against the top boys team for Open, D1, D2 & D3 and probably lower. If that was the case no one would care if transgender athletes competed in Women's sports. Come on now.
They would be his beloved Stuart Hall boys team and that's about it

• Haha
Reactions: GBBall4L
They would be his beloved Stuart Hall boys team and that's about it
Even though Stuart Hall doesn't really play tough comp they will beat the Top girls teams in CA. All you gotta do is play man defense and post them up. Game over. Easy work. They are great girls teams but they are girls. He is delirious.

6'2 , 6'3 girls are HUGE in the high school girls game. That's average on the boys side. Mittys advantage of having a 6'2 guard would be nullified by multiple guards the same size/bigger ( and quicker) on most boys teams. Against a good boys team im not sure Mitty would even be able to get the ball over halfcourt. Top 25? No way.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT