ADVERTISEMENT

NCS Brackets

Newman had a tough game vs Miramonte but prevailed 2-1 on a late inning solo homer by Santa Clara commit Gavin Ronglien. Newman plays Los Lamas Next in round 2.
Lerna pitched a gem for newman striking out 8.

Newman had a tough game vs Miramonte but prevailed 2-1 on a late inning solo homer by Santa Clara commit Gavin Ronglien. Newman plays Los Lamas Next in round 2.
Lerna pitched a gem for newman striking out 8.
Newman has not been playing well for the last 10 games or so, trouble closing games out, unchararistic mistakes. I don’t think they win NCS, just been to inconsistent for some reason.

Plus as you and others have pointed out, one hot pitcher can shut a lineup down and can pull an upset.

Was at the College Park vs Granada game last night, Granada won a thriller 3-2…. It was a Great Pitching Matchup with UCLA Bound Mike Barnett vs U of A Bound Josh Morano!….

Unfortunately for CP, Barnett had to leave in the 4th inning with what looked like a Finger injury on his pitching hand and Granada took advantage putting up 2 runs in that inning and adding another….

Granada is a Good Team, even though they were a 12 Seed they were in by far the toughest league finishing 4th behind Foothill, DLS and Cal…..

For CP they played really well but would have had a difficult time advancing since they lost their #2 pitcher to injury before the Boras Tournament…. And if what I Heard is true, UOP pulled the Kids Scholarship as well…. Really Brutal as he is a great kid who worked his ass off!….

Reactions: concrete17
Newman has not been playing well for the last 10 games or so, trouble closing games out, unchararistic mistakes. I don’t think they win NCS, just been to inconsistent for some reason.

Plus as you and others have pointed out, one hot pitcher can shut a lineup down and can pull an upset.
I’ve heard exact same thing bella. Started season as a top norcal type program and has been average lately. Gotta peak at the right time.

Reactions: bella123
Was at the College Park vs Granada game last night, Granada won a thriller 3-2…. It was a Great Pitching Matchup with UCLA Bound Mike Barnett vs U of A Bound Josh Morano!….

Unfortunately for CP, Barnett had to leave in the 4th inning with what looked like a Finger injury on his pitching hand and Granada took advantage putting up 2 runs in that inning and adding another….

Granada is a Good Team, even though they were a 12 Seed they were in by far the toughest league finishing 4th behind Foothill, DLS and Cal…..

For CP they played really well but would have had a difficult time advancing since they lost their #2 pitcher to injury before the Boras Tournament…. And if what I Heard is true, UOP pulled the Kids Scholarship as well…. Really Brutal as he is a great kid who worked his ass off!….
UOP....probably better off going somewhere else...might be a blessing

Newman up 10-0 on campo. Looks like they have found some mojo again. They should win d3 against winner of San Marin/ Alabany.

Reactions: bella123
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT