ADVERTISEMENT

NCS Section Final Predictions

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
D1: San Ramon Valley over Pittsburg. This is one of the games that I hoped we would see in the postseason. Pitt can pose some issues for SRV, but I think this Wolves team is one of the best non-DLS teams we have seen in the NCS in recent memory.

D2: Windsor over El Cerrito. Should be an even matchup, but I'll go with the passing game of Windsor to pull out a close win.

D3: Marin Catholic over Cardinal Newman. I don't think MC is trending up right now, but I think they generally have CN's number so will go with Marin Catholic until the Cardinals get them.

D4: Acalanes over San Marin. These teams look pretty even, but I'll go with the idea that it is hard to beat a team twice and Acalanes gets revenge in the section finals.

D5: St. Bernard's over Miramonte. Pretty even matchup but I think St. Bernard's is better team despite coming from a worse league. Wyatt Simoni is a super do-everything player for St. Bernard's

D6: St. Vincent over Salesian. St. Vincent's two losses have been by a combined six pionts. I'll go with the Mustangs.

D1: San Ramon Valley over Pittsburg. This is one of the games that I hoped we would see in the postseason. Pitt can pose some issues for SRV, but I think this Wolves team is one of the best non-DLS teams we have seen in the NCS in recent memory.

D2: Windsor over El Cerrito. Should be an even matchup, but I'll go with the passing game of Windsor to pull out a close win.

D3: Marin Catholic over Cardinal Newman. I don't think MC is trending up right now, but I think they generally have CN's number so will go with Marin Catholic until the Cardinals get them.

D4: Acalanes over San Marin. These teams look pretty even, but I'll go with the idea that it is hard to beat a team twice and Acalanes gets revenge in the section finals.

D5: St. Bernard's over Miramonte. Pretty even matchup but I think St. Bernard's is better team despite coming from a worse league. Wyatt Simoni is a super do-everything player for St. Bernard's

D6: St. Vincent over Salesian. St. Vincent's two losses have been by a combined six pionts. I'll go with the Mustangs.
I am look forward to the SRV vs Pitts game also. I think San Ramon Valley has a good chance to win this game but would not be at all surprised if Pittsburg wins. Neither winner would be considered an upset.

The other game I like is Acalanes vs San Marin. Similar to the SRV / Pitts game, either team could win this match. I am leaning toward a SM win simply because we don't exactly where their top ceiling is being an undefeated team this season. San Marin did beat Acalanes the first game of the season so the game could have a revenge rivalry factor to it.

Curious now about this MC vs Newman matchup, Mc run defense has been killer all year only points they have given which is few all thru the air which still hasn’t been much. CN is so dependent on Homan I think that plays into MC strength. MC starting QB was terrible against any team with a pass rush or a team with a pulse and their offensive line is really bad this year, But Macaulay the backup QB who should have started came in last week and throws 4 TDs, he is way faster the Caiden so I think that might help MC score more………..MC has been absolutely poor with penalties, so I can see MC losing due to some called back TDs on holding (they hold so much) and late hits on defense to keep a late drive alive

Reactions: M.C. fan

I'd say SRV/Pitt is an even game. Pitt seems slightly prone to a careless mistake moreso than SRV though. Just a hunch. But it could go either way

Reactions: THEOC89 and MC415
Curious now about this MC vs Newman matchup, Mc run defense has been killer all year only points they have given which is few all thru the air which still hasn’t been much. CN is so dependent on Homan I think that plays into MC strength. MC starting QB was terrible against any team with a pass rush or a team with a pulse and their offensive line is really bad this year, But Macaulay the backup QB who should have started came in last week and throws 4 TDs, he is way faster the Caiden so I think that might help MC score more………..MC has been absolutely poor with penalties, so I can see MC losing due to some called back TDs on holding (they hold so much) and late hits on defense to keep a late drive alive
My guess is MC hasn’t seen a line as good as Newman all year and Newman probably hasn’t seen a run D like MC. I still say MC is favorite but newman is playing well as of late and it seems MC isn’t. Does that matter in a rivalry game? Maybe not. Newman will have to complete a few passing plays to keep MC at least honest. Should be one of the better games of the weekend.

Reactions: MC415
My guess is MC hasn’t seen a line as good as Newman all year and Newman probably hasn’t seen a run D like MC. I still say MC is favorite but newman is playing well as of late and it seems MC isn’t. Does that matter in a rivalry game? Maybe not. Newman will have to complete a few passing plays to keep MC at least honest. Should be one of the better games of the weekend.
Yes, MC's discipline as it relates to self-inflicted, soul-sucking penalties is just terrible. I really see CN as the favorite in this game. A big key will be if Greer Arthur is able to play this week for MC as he's a difference maker on both sides. MC has found a bit of stability at QB but don't give up on Caiden, he's got the tools to be very good the next two years.

Yes, MC's discipline as it relates to self-inflicted, soul-sucking penalties is just terrible. I really see CN as the favorite in this game. A big key will be if Greer Arthur is able to play this week for MC as he's a difference maker on both sides. MC has found a bit of stability at QB but don't give up on Caiden, he's got the tools to be very good the next two years.
Didn’t realize Greer was hurt, that’s going to be tough to beat CN without him

There is all this talk about CN line. Windsor slammed that run game down and had only 1 touch on their QB. Smaller lineman but with better fundamentals on both sides of the ball (hint a way CN used to play under Cronin). Windsor OL and DL had no problems with CN CN offensive line shows keys to everything they are running. MC just needs to follow that tutorial and they will shut CN down.

Reactions: MC415
Beenthere - You were a cricket for the whole season after you called out the character of CN. Why don't we revisit the questions you were asked about the character of the Windsor program... Are you ready?

Here was the post back in August... You have not posted anything until today..

Been there-

When you throw out the word character and neglect to respond to the Windsor comments in this thread I am having a tough time understanding if you truly know the definition of character……. It’s possible I’m missing something but I would be interested in your thoughts.

Reactions: larry legend33
Beenthere -

Maybe you should have stayed in your closet. You jinxed the poor Jaguars... Great game at DVC tonight.

Winetotee -
Every season comes to an end and Windsors ended last night yes. It ended with a North Bay Oak Championship pennant and a Second Place Finish in Division 2, which included a dominant win over CN in league who is a fraud team having played a soft ass Dick Sanchez (not Cronin) schedule and got blown out by MC as predicted. I never said anything about the character of CN, I only said I knew about the character of the player expelled from CN And maybe some direct witnesses to Dicks racist name calling and bullying behavior.

Been there -

I think it is comical that you are calling me lame. You went into your "closet" after calling out Coach Sanchez of Cardinal Newman and being challenged on your post until both Cardinal Newman and Windsor advanced to their respective section final games(Windsor had their way with Cardinal Newman in the season finale because they were better). You were obviously associated with both Cardinal Newman and Windsor at some point. Your association with Cardinal Newman seems to be in a time where the Cardinal had their own problems competing with Marin Catholic. So my question to you is why did you not post in this forum ONE TIME from August 20th(when you got called out) until November 23rd? The question on August 20th was in regard to your understanding of the definition of character, the question today is what is your definition of lame?

Last edited:
Winetotee -
Every season comes to an end and Windsors ended last night yes. It ended with a North Bay Oak Championship pennant and a Second Place Finish in Division 2, which included a dominant win over CN in league who is a fraud team having played a soft ass Dick Sanchez (not Cronin) schedule and got blown out by MC as predicted. I never said anything about the character of CN, I only said I knew about the character of the player expelled from CN And maybe some direct witnesses to Dicks racist name calling and bullying behavior.
It is my understanding you know a lot about the player who was disenrolled at Cardinal Newman, maybe close to a family member? Anyway, great job with Ukiah this year. I look forward to seeing how things go for your team next year. I think you will build something great there.

Winetottee
where did your post go about calling me out as Paul Cronin? you Post and delete? sad. To know Paul is to know he doesn’t give a bleep about bloggers and shit that doesn’t matter other than play on the field. Go and figure out the definition of character and lame and look in the mirror.

Winetottee
where did your post go about calling me out as Paul Cronin? you Post and delete? sad. To know Paul is to know he doesn’t give a bleep about bloggers and shit that doesn’t matter other than play on the field. Go and figure out the definition of character and lame and look in the mirror.
I don’t know where it went . Did you read the post above ?

I took it down as it is against the rule to use real information about someone (whether it is true or not).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT