ADVERTISEMENT

New CCS playoff setup

Well I can tell you it will benefit Carmel, who some how avoided promotion to the Gabilan (A league) despite having most of their top players returning as part of a loaded senior class.

• Haha
Reactions: aztecpadre
Excellent move. My only thing is this: Why is it that every year there are changes to this format?! Get together and figure it out! I’m not saying once and for all, I’m saying give us 5-10 years of consistency.

There will be changes next year, mark my words.

Excellent move. My only thing is this: Why is it that every year there are changes to this format?! Get together and figure it out! I’m not saying once and for all, I’m saying give us 5-10 years of consistency.

There will be changes next year, mark my words.
So you're saying that if notice a problem and think of a way to fix that problem, we should just hold onto the status quo instead for a few years for consistency sake?

• Haha
Reactions: aztecpadre
Well I can tell you it will benefit Carmel, who some how avoided promotion to the Gabilan (A league) despite having most of their top players returning as part of a loaded senior class.
Last year, the Padres would not have been out of the woods. They would have been the #1 seed in D-III and faced Palma in the 2nd round. That may or may not have been a good, competitive game, given what Soquel did to them and how the Chieftains beat Menlo-Atherton.

Last year, the Padres would not have been out of the woods. They would have been the #1 seed in D-III and faced Palma in the 2nd round. That may or may not have been a good, competitive game, given what Soquel did to them and how the Chieftains beat Menlo-Atherton.
Agree 100%, I believe Carmel would of matched up better with Palma than they did with Soquel. I do not know if they would of beaten them. This just benefits Carmel, as it will keep them out of DII.

I have not seen al the schedules yet, but I am sure there are some A league teams that are scheduling not to win league but to avoid the DI/Open playoffs and have a chance at a CCS and State Bowl game. Carmel is just as guilty by being left in a B league with this years team.

Still trying to figure that one out. Undefeated, beat the last place gab team, return the majority of your top players, DI athletes on roster and still don't get moved up. What's the point of an equity league and playoff format if we aren't going to bump teams up or down appropriately?

Reactions: RLS13
Will be interesting how the small schools fit in. Carmel definitely should have been moved up and a cop out. Not sure how they did it with what they have returning other than maybe they are really down after next season. Palma may be better than expected. Defense should be really good and lines will be in upswing with size and strong (doing their off season weight lifting. They will be stacked at RB and fast at WR. Chisum is one of top 100M, 200M in CCS. Soph class will be big contributors. Only question mark is QB which is big one. The sophs are working hard and could be interesting ... that will be difference if they can get going early or not. Could be another year in lower Division playoffs and there they could be dangerous.

Will be interesting how the small schools fit in. Carmel definitely should have been moved up and a cop out. Not sure how they did it with what they have returning other than maybe they are really down after next season. Palma may be better than expected. Defense should be really good and lines will be in upswing with size and strong (doing their off season weight lifting. They will be stacked at RB and fast at WR. Chisum is one of top 100M, 200M in CCS. Soph class will be big contributors. Only question mark is QB which is big one. The sophs are working hard and could be interesting ... that will be difference if they can get going early or not. Could be another year in lower Division playoffs and there they could be dangerous.
Does Palma ever have a down year in your eyes? lol

Will be a surprise if QB comes around which is a big question mark, but 2 legitimate star RBs that are sophs and will be getting bigger and stronger on lines. Playing through playoffs and state championship gave a lot of the younger players experience. They will be young but the soph class is special. Salinas and Soquel may be favored in league, but by playoff time they should be playing well. Good chance they play lower than D1 in playoffs

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT