ADVERTISEMENT

NorCal First Round Scores

Caruthers 36, Evergreen Valley 23 at the half. Caruthers is controlling the boards and handling the EV press with ease.

DIII: University of S.F. 64, Woodcreek 48
DII: San Joaquin Memorial 51, Whitney 48 UPSET!
DI: Carondelet 57, Antelope 44
DI: Clovis 73, Vanden 71
DI: Oakland Tech 62, McClatchy 50
DII: Pleasant Valley of Chico 67, Vista del Lago 54
DII: Central 67, St. Francis-Sacramento 53
DIII: Chico 65, Lincoln (Lincoln) 52
Overall Sacramento area teams having a bad night, but most were playing away as the lower seed.

DII: Christian Brothers 62, Pinole Valley 48 Minor Upset, but not really because I picked CBS beating Pinole away, and CBS should have been seeded better or higher than Pinole Valley.
D1: I think most people knew St. Mary's would beat Heritage.
DIII: Colfax 49, Christopher 44 but that is not a surprise.

Last edited:
Reactions: Streak One
DIII: University of S.F. 64, Woodcreek 48
DII: San Joaquin Memorial 51, Whitney 48 UPSET!
DI: Carondelet 57, Antelope 44
DI: Clovis 73, Vanden 71
DI: Oakland Tech 62, McClatchy 50
DII: Pleasant Valley of Chico 67, Vista del Lago 54
DII: Central 67, St. Francis-Sacramento 53
DIII: Chico 65, Lincoln (Lincoln) 52
Overall Sacramento area teams having a bad night, but most were playing away as the lower seed.

DII: Christian Brothers 62, Pinole Valley 48 Minor Upset, but not really because I picked CBS beating Pinole away, and CBS should have been seeded better or higher than Pinole Valley.
D1: I think most people knew St. Mary's would beat Heritage.
DIII: Colfax 49, Christopher 44 but that is not a surprise.
I’m really happy how all Sacramento teams competed/showed well in the first rounds even though taking the L.

I don’t know who does the seeding, but I don’t understand how no Sacramento area teams were not awarded a home game during NorCal. I would imagine a lot of these scores would’ve turned out differently at their home gym. No excuses, but it looks like every team hit the wall in the fourth quarter. Travel matters during a school day.

Vanden high school win the division three championship and have travel all the way to Fresno, is a travesty. San Joaquin Memorial goes and plays Whitney first round game is a horrific draw for the home team.

SJS powers that be..needs to do better for our teams/schools.

Last edited:
I’m really happy how all Sacramento teams competed/showed well in the first rounds even though taking the L.

I don’t know who does the seeding, but I don’t understand how no Sacramento area teams were not awarded a home game during NorCal. I would imagine a lot of these scores would’ve turned out differently at their home gym. No excuses, but it looks like every team hit the wall in the fourth quarter. Travel matters during a school day.

Vanden high school win the division three championship and have travel all the way to Fresno, is a travesty. San Joaquin Memorial goes and plays Whitney first round game is a horrific draw for the home team.

SJS powers that be..have to do better for our teams/schools.
Totally agree. SJS schools have poor advocates (if they have any) during the selection/seeding process.

Riverbank and Valley Christian are headed to overtime
VC gave up a 14 point lead in the 4th, including a 10 point lead with just under 4 to play. It's their 3rd OT win of the year and 2nd in the post season. It's just the way it is, but they have been bitten hard by the injury bug this year, losing another starter last night and now have had all 5 starters miss multiple games during this season. I think I see some new gray hairs in McSwain's beard...

Reactions: Streak One
Interesting rematch with CLET vs SRV. You cant tell me that the CIF didnt look at the potential gate for this game when setting up the bracket.

SRV gets CLET at home where they are VERY TOUGH TO BEAT but no quirky scheduling snafu this time as CLET gets regular rest and practice. Id love to be at that game. Should be a good one!

But i will be at my own nail biter game between CN and Clovis(the only team to beat CW this season!). I guess Vanden was up 6 with 1:55 left before Clovis somehow came back to win in regulation by 2. I gotta believe there was some travel fatigue by Vanden late 4th. Home court paid off in that one clearly! I got this game as a pickem despite the home court for CN.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT