ADVERTISEMENT

Oakland Tech wins 3rd Title in 5 years

People don't like to mention Leroy because he can be animated and I have to explain that's his animation is not bad. There are coaches that yell, throw tantrums on the sideline, yell at players without fully seeing the play but still blame their players. Leroy gets intense but never for any of those reasons. He brings the dog out in his girls so they have that dog in them. I still don't understand how a lot of these high school coaches today expect their players to perform when they make them timid and scared to make a mistake. If Leroy belittled and blamed his girls they would wither away in every big movement because they would be afraid to make a mistake. Leroy is the opposite and his intensity comes from a good place. It's more like " you better get your behind out there and play the way I know you can" and when you can help players belief in themselves your players will give it their all. Hats off to Coach Leroy. CA Ballaz is a strong AAU program so don't overlook that program.

Reactions: NCallie1
I'll be the first to admit that I was never a big Hurt fan as a coach. He's a great guy, funny, and personable but I didn't think he did that great of a job of coaching. I'm not saying winning games but coaching (teaching XO's). I've seen many of his Ballaz practices and was never impressed with the coaches there. But the proof is in the pudding. His teams played solid man to man, had a lot of action in their motion, made some great adjustments, and was fun to watch this year.

So yes, I am taking the foot out my mouth and saying he is legit. Great job Coach. 3 in 5 is no small task! Best of luck this summer

I'll be the first to admit that I was never a big Hurt fan as a coach. He's a great guy, funny, and personable but I didn't think he did that great of a job of coaching. I'm not saying winning games but coaching (teaching XO's). I've seen many of his Ballaz practices and was never impressed with the coaches there. But the proof is in the pudding. His teams played solid man to man, had a lot of action in their motion, made some great adjustments, and was fun to watch this year.

So yes, I am taking the foot out my mouth and saying he is legit. Great job Coach. 3 in 5 is no small task! Best of luck this summer
Honestly it seems like Coach Hurt has improved because years ago I've heard some things similar. But I'm thinking maybe he practiced what he preached to his players and has been working on his weaknesses as well. If the coaches don't improve then you are just underachieving with good talent. Sounds like he got better.

Reactions: Norcal_Fan
Honestly it seems like Coach Hurt has improved because years ago I've heard some things similar. But I'm thinking maybe he practiced what he preached to his players and has been working on his weaknesses as well. If the coaches don't improve then you are just underachieving with good talent. Sounds like he got better.
Totally agree 100%. There are good coaches that evolve and teach the game and there are those that run systems. I'm not gonna put anyone on front street, but glad to see he's being successful!

Reactions: GBBall4L
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT