ADVERTISEMENT

October 18 Scores

Whitney was gritty tnite and OR slept walk thru the first half. OR shows up in first and they win by 3+ scores. Both teams have good QB’s. Lamson is a Saturday QB. Haven’t seen a Sunday one since I saw Goff at MC beat C.Newman.

Larry, I agree. Lamson has the size, athleticism and moxy to play on Saturday. He still needs to mature but most QB’s do. He still needs to figure out how to deal with the pressure on blitzes and being pressured into an area.

OR still a very good team and he’ll be even better next season. They’ll be hard to beat next season I think.

Reactions: 13 others
Why would that result further the point the NCS is down? I didn't see the game, but from game flow, it seemed like two good teams going at it. The NCS is down argument is correct (and one I didn't see as early as others on this board).

However, I look at no third quality team from the BVAL, no standout team from non-De La Salle EBAL teams and O'Dowd being way down as being bigger evidence than the Pittsburg-Liberty result.
CCS guys are comical. One NCS team beats another NCS team and it proves that NCS is down? The #6 NCS team lost to #1 CCS team and beat #3 CCS team. That would prove CCS is weaker. An NCS team beating another NCS team doesn't substantiate a weakened NCS.

This has been my feeling as we look at rankings past the top 4 or 5. Teams 6-10 are generally weaker this season compared to past years. And even 2-4 is down for the most part

Down a little I would say but we’ve been pretty blessed the last 5 years to have some amazing teams come thru NorCal. You can name them but maybe this is more the norm. Will Folsom for example ever be as good as some of the teams from last decade? I’m saying doubtful.

Larry, I agree. Lamson has the size, athleticism and moxy to play on Saturday. He still needs to mature but most QB’s do. He still needs to figure out how to deal with the pressure on blitzes and being pressured into an area.

OR still a very good team and he’ll be even better next season. They’ll be hard to beat next season I think.

OR does have a good returning core but they need to find some key replacements at WR/RB with Jacobs and warfield graduating. Those are 2 kids that will play at least JC/D2 type ball after HS.

With Taylor and there QB coach watching from sidelines be interesting to see if Lamson gets an offer. He played good last night when it mattered. Whitney QB throws a really nice ball and is super quick but makes some poor decision under pressure. He could play somewhere with development as well.

One thing that was apparent last night is OR secondary is very long/athletic and hard to pass against. Warfield and Vini are 6”1-6”2 and made it a nightmare to pass against. Whitney couldn’t get any separation.

Las Lomas looks interesting in D-III. Either MC or CN will be good in D-IV. D-I is just a mess, though. NCS D-II may end up comparable to CCS D-II.

You do realize DLS is in NCS D1. Only 1 team comes out of D1 and I’d hardly call them a mess. Aside from DLS, D1 is about as competitive as it has ever been.

There have been some extremely close games played between the next 5 or 6 D1 teams Including last night’s Pitt-Liberty and MV-Cal thrillers that came right down to the final play. I’d stack the NCS D1’s 2-5 teams right up there with the CCS’ or SJS’ 2-5 without hesitation.

St. Mary's-Stockton beat Tracy 28-14
St. Mary’s-Stockton was up 28-0 in the second half. Let’s see, St. Mary’s has the better defense than Lincoln-Stockton. But, Lincoln-Stockton has the better offense than St. Mary’s. The final game of the season between these two cross-town rivals is going to be a doozy!

Larry Legend was in Auburn to watch Placer vs Cardinal Newman in week 3,Placer would lose that game 30-27 in last 10 seconds.....heartbreaker!Larry also informed everyone #1 he thought Placer’s NEW field looked great...and it does as well as a good snack shack and BBQ,right he is!#2..Larry then went on and said “he didn’t think Placer would lose another game the rest of the schedule or it wouldn’t surprise him if they didn’t”so far Larry is AGAIN correct.Placer this yr is reloading and after starting out this season at 1-2 with a loss to upstart Whitney from SFL 47-34 week2 and the heartbreaker to Cardinal Newman 30-27 week3 the Hillmen have now reeled off 5 straight victories and have taken control of the FVL(Foothill Valley League) with a trip to Ponderosa next week and a league final vs Lincoln at Placer.My question,will Larry Legend’s expert analysis and prediction come true and I certainly hope it does and if so just how far can THESE Hillmen go in D3 because it will appear that is where they will STAY as last yr by winning the FVL,can these Hillmen return to the D3 SJS Title game yet again as they did last yr in losing to Casey Taylor and Capitol Christian 25-22?I know all you guru’s have some thoughts as well as insights,please share.....Thunder Ram,mistark,wwhs44,fball junkie ,concrete17....and many other stat keepers....where are you,lol?Our Hillmen have been quietly growing up and improving every week.......and are now 6-2 and leading the FVL......what say the NorCal preps braintrust and limb walkers,lol.The lil straw chewers from Auburn have a ways to go still BUT so far at this point in the season.....Auburn is starting to get a little bit excited!Good luck to all of you who play Pick-em and your teams,the season is getting down to the wire with a lot riding these final couple weeks.....getting close to show time!Best of luck to each and every one of you!

Last edited:
Larry Legend was in Auburn to watch Placer vs Cardinal Newman in week 3,Placer would lose that game 30-27 in last 10 seconds.....heartbreaker!Larry also informed everyone #1 he thought Placer’s NEW field looked great...and it does as well as a good snack shack and BBQ,right he is!#2..Larry then went on and said “he didn’t think Placer would lose another game the rest of the schedule or it wouldn’t surprise him if they didn’t”so far Larry is AGAIN correct.Placer this yr is reloading and after starting out this season at 1-2 with a loss to upstart Whitney from SFL 47-34 week2 and the heartbreaker to Cardinal Newman 30-27 week3 the Hillmen have now reeled off 5 straight victories and have taken control of the FVL(Foothill Valley League) with a trip to Ponderosa next week and a league final vs Lincoln at Placer.My question,will Larry Legend’s expert analysis and prediction come true,and if so just how far can THESE Hillmen go in D3 because it will appear that is where they will STAY as last yr by winning the FVL?I know all you guru’s have some thoughts,our Hillmen have been quietly growing up and improving every week.......and are now 6-2 and leading FVL......what say the NorCal preps braintrust and limb walkers,lol.The lil straw chewers have a ways to go still BUT so far at this point in the season.....Auburn is starting to get a little bit excited!Good luck to all of you who play Pick-em and your teams,the season is getting down to the wire with a lot riding these final couple weeks.....getting close to show time!Good Luck!

Larry-L......
Time to dump your current PR spokesperson and hire championcf75.
The brutha knows you better than the bottom of his right foot.

I see you. Smart (1) pick. However, I'd be very surprised if Pitt scores more than 21 pts against the Lions D-fence.

But, you took Calaveras at 7.
Just to let you know, I posted this in the Pick'em thread on Friday after I saw poster John Mellencamp take Sonora at the 1 spot. He was virtually the only poster either brave enough or smart enough to pick Sonora over Calaveras. Though I had a strong hunch they would get the upset. I posted this a little after 1pm. Pitt didn't score more than 21 pts in regulation. It took them another qtr to do so. I understand you being critical but unless Santa Ball is a CCS guy this years pick'em will be won by someone from another section finally. We can't continue to allow you CCS guys to have a strangle hold on this yearly contest. :cool:

Last edited:
Just to let you know, I posted this in the Pick'em thread on Friday after I saw poster John Mellencamp take Sonora at the 1 spot. He was virtually the only poster either brave enough or smart enough to pick Sonora over Calaveras. Though I had a strong hunch they would get the upset. I posted this a little after 1pm. Pitt didn't score more than 21 pts in regulation. It took them another qtr to do so. I understand you being critical but unless Santa Ball is a CCS guy this years pick'em will be won by someone from another section finally. We can't continue to allow you CCS guys to have a strangle hold on this yearly contest. :cool:

lol, Santa is and always will be a CCS guy, but I love me some SFL football!

St. Mary’s-Stockton was up 28-0 in the second half. Let’s see, St. Mary’s has the better defense than Lincoln-Stockton. But, Lincoln-Stockton has the better offense than St. Mary’s. The final game of the season between these two cross-town rivals is going to be a doozy!
I’m really excited for this game, opportunity is staring Lincoln in the face to finally get a win against St Mary’s but this is the best team Lincoln has faced all season by a mile. Should be a great one.

Larry-L......
Time to dump your current PR spokesperson and hire championcf75.
The brutha knows you better than the bottom of his right foot.

Hahhahaah. Love it. I really like that placer team. Solid as hell. I thought they would run the table after 2 very tough losses to Whitney and Newman. Could easily be undefeated. Good seeing a program play hard nosed football like those kids. Nice fans and great venue. I will gladly go to another game up there during playoffs. I wouldn’t want to play them.

Hahhahaah. Love it. I really like that placer team. Solid as hell. I thought they would run the table after 2 very tough losses to Whitney and Newman. Could easily be undefeated. Good seeing a program play hard nosed football like those kids. Nice fans and great venue. I will gladly go to another game up there during playoffs. I wouldn’t want to play them.
Thank you sir....when you do and hopefully TR will as well...the BBQ will be on Champ!

Pitt's previous "big" win was over St. Mary's who has taken 3 beatings far, far worse (the Wilcox game was with the Chargers' main RB out). Pitt, Liberty, California, Monte Vista, San Ramon Valley, and Clayton Valley Charter may be all interchangeable, depending on the night. Considering what Monterey Trail did to SRV and Serra did to Pitt, the NCS isn't looking very good overall.

To me, the most impressive win for the NCS this year has been Marin Catholic over Mitty.
To say Pitts win over Wilcox doesn't count because the Wilcox RB was out injured is patently ridiculous.If Pitt is so bad Wilcox should have won anyway. As someone pointed out, the rb in his place ran for 215 yards.The drop off couldn't have been that much. Was Rosa

To say Pitts win over Wilcox doesn't count because the Wilcox RB was out injured is patently ridiculous.If Pitt is so bad Wilcox should have won anyway. As someone pointed out, the rb in his place ran for 215 yards.The drop off couldn't have been that much. Was Rosa
A 4 or 5 star prospect? I agree the NCS is down a bit,But they still have the best team in NorCal, But Pitts loss to Serra was a bad one.

Agreed. NorCal is down this year. CCS is relatively up, but I think the SJS is slightly down and the NCS is very down. CCS putting its top teams all in one basket is probably going to force some other teams to play over their heads in the regionals.
CCS messed up the divisions again. They should have just kept 3 or 4 bowl eligible divisions by enrollment for playoffs and winner go to the regional. If 3 only three go, but at least 3 decent teams will go to the regionals. Many of the teams that will go will like you said be over their heads and shouldn't be in it in the first place. They should just play 5 divisions straight up.

CCS messed up the divisions again. They should have just kept 3 or 4 bowl eligible divisions by enrollment for playoffs and winner go to the regional. If 3 only three go, but at least 3 decent teams will go to the regionals. Many of the teams that will go will like you said be over their heads and shouldn't be in it in the first place. They should just play 5 divisions straight up.

Well, that’s not actually what I said. I said they’ll be in over their heads due to their divisional placement... or not. We’ll see. What could end up happening is that the lower division teams get placed in lower divisions. We’ll see how they do.

That said, the point of the sectional playoffs are to determine the sectional champions. Not to deliver the top teams to the state playoffs.

Unless the playoff/bowl rules are the same for every section (the minuscule OAL and the tiny AAA remain bizarre section outliers in all of this), the entire enchilada is less than reasonable. As for the massive Southern Section (with more schools than all of NorCal combined), dealing with that Frankenstein creation is beyond the scope of this doofus.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT