Inglewood 9/8/23

Burbank 9/15/23

McClatchy 9/22/23

Bye 9/29/23

River City 10/6/23

@Kennedy 10/13/23

@Monterey Trail 10/20/23

@Laguna Creek 10/27/23

Couple of good preseason games in Oak Ridge and Inglewood. Excited to see both of those games.

Looks like something happened to the Inglewood game. A little disappointed. I was hoping to see that one.

Looks like they were replaced with a really good team last year in El Cerrito.

No idea what El Cerrito looks like this year. I saw some studs on the field last year. I guess I'll find out on the 8th.

@McQueen 8/18/23

@Oak Ridge 8/25/23

Reno 9/1/23

*El Cerrito (Inglewood) 9/8/23

Burbank 9/15/23

McClatchy 9/22/23

Bye 9/29/23

River City 10/6/23

@Kennedy 10/13/23

@Monterey Trail 10/20/23

That OR game is going to be a battle. Can’t wait to see the new and improved pacers visit EDH. Correct me if I’m wrong but some of these transfers will likely be sitting for Grant? OR will have arguably the best line and a lot of key players from last years sjs section runner up team. They’ve looked very good over summer but still have a big ? in terms of who will be the QB. Let’s face it… We can’t wait for HS football to start !

Last edited:
I was looking forward to the Inglewood game as well! It looks like Inglewood settled on playing Gonzaga Prep (WA) in the Moorpark Cali Classic, which will be a neutral field game closer to home.

The El Cerrito game should be a spirited one, especially after playing them in last year’s NorCal D3AA Championship game.

It will be interesting to see how this season plays out for the Pacers. Adding Oak Ridge to the schedule is a step up.

Reactions: Sacchiefs
Grant obliterated El Cerrito last year and Grant has added more talent since then I don’t see this being that competitive, disappointing that Inglewood game fell thru

Grant obliterated El Cerrito last year and Grant has added more talent since then I don’t see this being that competitive, disappointing that Inglewood game fell thru
I will be suprised if grant isn’t at least 8-1 going into that Monterey Trail league game. And by time They are playing MT they should have all weapons available so this team will be scary. Oak Ridge will be there toughest game by a lot before that and with their talent a win in EDH wouldn’t shock me.

Reactions: Sacchiefs and MC415
Looks like something happened to the Inglewood game. A little disappointed. I was hoping to see that one.

Looks like they were replaced with a really good team last year in El Cerrito.

No idea what El Cerrito looks like this year. I saw some studs on the field last year. I guess I'll find out on the 8th.
The Pacers blew them out in a Playoff game last year, 36-7 I believe

That OR game is going to be a battle. Can’t wait to see the new and improved pacers visit EDH. Correct me if I’m wrong but some of these transfers will likely be sitting for Grant? OR will have arguably the best line and a lot of key players from last years sjs section runner up team. They’ve looked very good over summer but still have a big ? in terms of who will be the QB. Let’s face it… We can’t wait for HS football to start !
Larry..

I hope it's a battle. It's been pretty lopsided lately with OR dominating. I'll be rooting for a pacers win, but more importantly I want to see how they stack up against one of the top NorCal programs/coaches.

Reed and his coaching staff did an amazing job last year. Plus they were dialed in. If they find some success at the QB position again, then yes sir we might get to see that battle you are predicting.

Either way I'll be there.

Reactions: larry legend33
I was looking forward to the Inglewood game as well! It looks like Inglewood settled on playing Gonzaga Prep (WA) in the Moorpark Cali Classic, which will be a neutral field game closer to home.

The El Cerrito game should be a spirited one, especially after playing them in last year’s NorCal D3AA Championship game.

It will be interesting to see how this season plays out for the Pacers. Adding Oak Ridge to the schedule is a step up.
Big..

I agree. It should be a spirited game. I'm sure EC will be excited to get some revenge for last years only loss. EC hung around and the game felt closer than the final score.

On the flip side my pacers should be excited to prove last years win was no fluke.

This should be a fun game to watch.

MC..

Agree it's definitely disappointing. Maybe the football gods will have these two programs meet in a bowl game at the end of the year.
Assuming they end up in the same division. That would be interesting 🤔

Reactions: MC415
The Pacers blew them out in a Playoff game last year, 36-7 I believe
Remc..

Per the final score, yes it was a blowout. But I'd say the game felt much closer than the final score indicated.

I could be wrong tho, it was absolutely freezing out there and my mind could have been playing tricks on me (Ghetto boys).

Larry..

I hope it's a battle. It's been pretty lopsided lately with OR dominating. I'll be rooting for a pacers win, but more importantly I want to see how they stack up against one of the top NorCal programs/coaches.

Reed and his coaching staff did an amazing job last year. Plus they were dialed in. If they find some success at the QB position again, then yes sir we might get to see that battle you are predicting.

Sac chiefs,
Coach Taylor will have OR a well oiled machine as he goes into year 3 coming off SJS section runner up last year. Some major ? At skills position looms however. The Qb and RB race is wide open and competing parties have virtually no varsity experience. To me it will be their Achilles heel. There line, LB , and TE Game is as good as you will find so scoring on these guys will be tough. I think you guys will be a problem given all the speed and size across the board. By time you play MT I think pacers could be a top 5 team in all of SJS.
Best of luck. The world Is a better place when pacer football shines! 👍

Larry..

I checked out the new qb a few weeks ago in a passing league event at Grant. He looked good. Had some nice throws.

Big..

I agree. It should be a spirited game. I'm sure EC will be excited to get some revenge for last years only loss. EC hung around and the game felt closer than the final score.

On the flip side my pacers should be excited to prove last years win was no fluke.

This should be a fun game to watch.
Yeah EC had some good athletes. Grant took their running game away and found success in the air. KGP was a matchup problem for El Cerrito.

The Pacers had a pretty balanced attack that night.

Remc..

Per the final score, yes it was a blowout. But I'd say the game felt much closer than the final score indicated.

I could be wrong tho, it was absolutely freezing out there and my mind could have been playing tricks on me (Ghetto boys).
😁

I checked out the new qb a few weeks ago in a passing league event at Grant. He looked good. Had some nice throws.
Thx bigMann08! Seems like there will be more parity this year around SJS. The gap seems closer to me.

My top teams

Folsom /St marys, Stockton (toss up)
Oak Ridge
Grant
Central Catholic
Monterey Trail
Granite Bay
DO

Thx bigMann08! Seems like there will be more parity this year around SJS. The gap seems closer to me.

My top teams

Folsom /St marys, Stockton (toss up)
Oak Ridge
Grant
Central Catholic
Monterey Trail
Granite Bay
DO
Indeed! There should be pretty good parity this season.

The Pacers looked pretty deep.

I saw some footage of St. Mary’s passing league on Twitter. Looks like they have a good receiving core.

Saw a few clips of Oak Ridge at the Lake Tahoe camp. Looks like they dominated…

Folsoms receiving core should be nice too! Looking forward to seeing Lyons at QB. Many publications are calling him the next superstar QB to come out of the region.

Indeed! There should be pretty good parity this season.

I saw some footage of St. Mary’s passing league on Twitter. Looks like they have a good receiving core.

Saw a few clips of Oak Ridge at the Lake Tahoe camp. Looks like they dominated…

Folsoms receiving core should be nice too! Looking forward to seeing Lyons at QB. Many publications are calling him the next superstar QB to come out of the region.

Can’t wait for season.

I’m a big fan of Lyons at QB for Folsom and as crazy as this sounds he would have competed for snaps with Mack this year if he didn’t go off to Wash. Kid has a cannon, is super athletic , and is 6”3 200 already. Walker got tons of press and was hyped to the nth degree but the little brother is real deal.

St marys has to be the top returning team with all that talent and as young as they were.

Reactions: BigMann08
According to Calpreps, they're only returning 7 starters from last year (4 on O, 3 on D).

Are we sure we're not looking at reputation more than anything?

According to Calpreps, they're only returning 7 starters from last year (4 on O, 3 on D).

Are we sure we're not looking at reputation more than anything?
No I attended a passing league event at Grant. They looked pretty good. If the transfers are eligible by mid season, they should be legit.

They had quite a few transfers and newcomers.

@McQueen 8/18/23

@Oak Ridge 8/25/23

Reno 9/1/23

Inglewood 9/8/23

Burbank 9/15/23

McClatchy 9/22/23

Bye 9/29/23

River City 10/6/23

@Kennedy 10/13/23

@Monterey Trail 10/20/23

@Laguna Creek 10/27/23

Couple of good preseason games in Oak Ridge and Inglewood. Excited to see both of those games.
Gonna have to drive up to EDH for that one

No idea wth is going on, especially this late before the season starts, but it looks like my Pacers are in need of a game on either 9/8 or 9/29.

Originally they were scheduled to play Inglewood on 9/8 but they backed out and elected to play a team from Washington. El Cerrito stepped in and now that appears to be a no go, per twitter.

Either game would have been nice to see in my opinion. Oh well, fingers crossed they find someone in the same situation

Reactions: Santa Ball
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT