ADVERTISEMENT

Salesian vs Folsom

We are going to Overtime, tied 56-56 at end of regulation. Great game. Salesian had a chance to win in regulation but missed.

Salesian-Piedmont Round 2 coming up.

I think this is the second time Salesian has gone up to Folsom and beat them in an open division game

Where will Salesian v Piedmont game be played? I know Piedmont is higher seed but simply wondering if it’s at Piedmont or a bigger venue.

That game last night was insane. Easily the best high school girls game of the year. The Piedmont v Salesian game will be at Piedmont. Good to see two East Bay teams in the Open semi finals..

That game last night was insane. Easily the best high school girls game of the year. The Piedmont v Salesian game will be at Piedmont. Good to see two East Bay teams in the Open semi finals..
they should move it to o dowd at least.

Salesian wins in 2OT, 76-70 over Folsom at Folsom. It was a thrilling game to watch. Noisy crowd. Salesian just made the 3 pt. shots at the end.
Folsom jumped out quickly in Q1 and Q3 but credit to Salesian for never letting the game get out of reach and then making the plays late.

Reactions: CaliHoops23
On another note.... Khristine Pettingil the Folsom MaxPreps ofiicial scorer was absolutely killing it on the live scoreboard updates on MaxPreps! Every basket updated with commentary 10-15 secs ahead of the NFHS video feed! As usual the NFHS feed was lacking..no score and no time showing. Meanwhile KP was updating every scoring play immediately! She was en fuego! Great job by KP! 👍

On another note.... Khristine Pettingil the Folsom MaxPreps ofiicial scorer was absolutely killing it on the live scoreboard updates on MaxPreps! Every basket updated with commentary 10-15 secs ahead of the NFHS video feed! As usual the NFHS feed was lacking..no score and no time showing. Meanwhile KP was updating every scoring play immediately! She was en fuego! Great job by KP! 👍
I'm not sure what the setup on the various school cameras that are feeding the NFHS stream looks like, but it would be nice if they could at least have them pan to a scoreboard on timeouts. It's really not standardized at all, which makes it more difficult as some schools have the scoreboard camera behind some raised practice hoop or banner or pointed directly down at the floor and about everything else in between. NFHS could be so much better than it is, but not sure anybody really cares enough to do anything about it.. A little competition would be great here

Also, Great job Khristine! Don't need my NFHS rant taking away from the purpose of your post...

Ha!!! watched the game on NFHS… no scoreboard… no clock… I didn’t even realize the game was 2 OTs… sad…. I just knew it was a battle

imagine the schools, all of them, paying big money for special cameras. all the while the teachers dont make enough to live in the city they teach.

• Sad
Reactions: GBBall4L
Some schools just have those motion controlled cameras mounted in their gyms. They do not have sound nor do they ever pan in on the scoreboard.
This is the biggest design flaw in my opinion. Especially when it comes to free throws and there's little movement happening in and around the key, but players in the back court are moving so the camera is following them!

Reactions: SidelineToSideline
This is the biggest design flaw in my opinion. Especially when it comes to free throws and there's little movement happening in and around the key, but players in the back court are moving so the camera is following them!
The motion tracking needs to evolve to be able to track the ball (the tech is already there, just likely not reasonable for this kind of market yet). I'm not sure what motion algorithms some of these cameras are using, I like to see what's happening when teams are bringing the ball up under pressure and a lot of times the camera has already panned down to other half court.

Reactions: blex20
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT