ADVERTISEMENT

SJS Playoff Brackets

What a Turnaround for ST. Mary’s…, They started like 1-9 or something!!!…. They had some nice wins in the Boras Invitational, They will be a dangerous #7 Seed in D1….

Baseball to me is the most prone for upsets. It’s all pitching. All of these teams have a stallion and seeding matters but not nearly like football or hoops. D1 and D2 is absolutely loaded. Go out and support these kids. You will be blown away by quality.

Baseball to me is the most prone for upsets. It’s all pitching. All of these teams have a stallion and seeding matters but not nearly like football or hoops. D1 and D2 is absolutely loaded. Go out and support these kids. You will be blown away by quality.
Unlike other sports, what a team is can change daily based on the starting pitcher. I remember when Joe Ross was at O'Dowd and they were like a 13 seed and beat a 4 seed Cal team. A lot of stories like that out here

Unlike other sports, what a team is can change daily based on the starting pitcher. I remember when Joe Ross was at O'Dowd and they were like a 13 seed and beat a 4 seed Cal team. A lot of stories like that out here
BOD was actually the 14 seed, and Joe Ross threw a 1-hitter at Cal to knock out the 3 seed Grizz. Tons of scouts at that game to watch Joe light up the guns. BOD was 1 & done as they lost the next game to the 11 seed Irvington without Ross on the bump.
A 3-game series would be a much better barometer for HS baseball playoffs, but there is just no time as school is ending and summer ball starting up.

BOD was actually the 14 seed, and Joe Ross threw a 1-hitter at Cal to knock out the 3 seed Grizz. Tons of scouts at that game to watch Joe light up the guns. BOD was 1 & done as they lost the next game to the 11 seed Irvington without Ross on the bump.
A 3-game series would be a much better barometer for HS baseball playoffs, but there is just no time as school is ending and summer ball starting up.
Just flipped my numbers :)

And yes, a three game series would be better and could be doable with less teams making it, but that's another can of worms

Reactions: observer22
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT