ADVERTISEMENT

Stanford lands Lamson!

I feel like Stanford could do well in the transfer market on players like this. Stanford may look more appealing for a 21-22 year old than a 17-18 year old. Curious how Stanford plays in this area under Taylor. I would guess he got them to make some concessions in terms of admissions.

I really liked Lamson coming out of Oak Ridge

I feel like Stanford could do well in the transfer market on players like this. Stanford may look more appealing for a 21-22 year old than a 17-18 year old. Curious how Stanford plays in this area under Taylor. I would guess he got them to make some concessions in terms of admissions.

I can see where this may be true. Stanford to a 17 or 18 may not realize what that name/product means and the opportunity it can be.

A few years later in the “real world” of being away from home and getting the college experience under their belt they might realize its a decent Academic school to say they attended before their next step in life whether or not athletics are involved.

Yup. I thought he was under radar and Covid hurt also with exposure. On the 50 side we generally say the Folsom kids are over recruited and the OR ones are under. Just a better marketing machine off Praire City. They do a great job of getting there kids in front of coaches.

As for Taylor , yeah I like what he’s doing. Lamson is a very good student so I’m not sure he had to bend much on this one but transfers were almost non existent before on the farm.

IDK why, but I suspected from the beginning that Lamson wouldn't end up staying at Syracuse.

I wonder if Lamson was strongly considering Sac State while Taylor was there and that's what made this transfer even easier. IIRC, the Hornets were in the mix.

Good to see the kid come back to the Best Coast.

Reactions: larry legend33
IDK why, but I suspected from the beginning that Lamson wouldn't end up staying at Syracuse.

I wonder if Lamson was strongly considering Sac State while Taylor was there and that's what made this transfer even easier. IIRC, the Hornets were in the mix.

Good to see the kid come back to the Best Coast.
I think the bond is very strong but from my sources lamson had some pretty good options so I think sac state would have been a lower one. (Although with them a national title contender who knows). In any event I think he’s happy to be back home. He was out throwing at OR.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT