ADVERTISEMENT

Vontoure Classic Day 1

btw, all those big guys on Margarita’s roster, and only one has played, the freshman.

Just guessing here, most of the big guys I mentioned aren’t here, I don’t think…. Maybe they are transfers waiting for eligibility?

Anyway, the 6’11” guy is here, hasn’t played as of yet.

Wait, one of the 6-8” is here…. has played, not been overly impressive… tho he scored just now.

17-14 Siena, 6:45 left in the 3rd.

20-16 now, 5:56 left in the 3rd…

Nice move by 6’6” frosh Brayden Kyman for a Margarita score…. 20-18, time out with 5:02 left in the 3rd.

Travis Hightower, the 6’7” stud for Siena, nails a 3…. 23-18 Siena.

Hightower with the steal and jam! 25-18. 3”06 left 3rd.

Suddenly, the offenses get going…. Margarita hits 3 triples, Siena 2 of ‘em…. 36-29 at the end of 3 quarters.

Siena answers with 4 straight…. 45-36.

Drive by Ma’el Blunt, scores… for Siena…. 47-36.

Margarita with an and-1…. 47-39…. and they get a stop…. 2:05 left, Siena 47-39.

Ethan Rhee hits a pair of FT’s for Margarita…. 47-41. 1:40 left.

After a stop, Rhee hits another bucket…. 47-43. Time out, 1:09 left.

Margarita gets a stop…. Rhee yet again, fouled… 2 shots. automatic…. 47-45. 42.2 seconds left, Siena ball with a 2-point lead.

Steal by Marg’s Cameron Macnamee…. drives the length of the floor…. layup in traffic is good… and he’s FOULED! Tied at 47, on shot…. 12 seconds left. Good…. Stolen away! Macnamee by himself, di=unks it home! 50-47.

3.1 seconds left…. Siena needs 3 to tie, they have 3.5 seconds to do it.

however…. Margarita fouls immediately, 1 and 1…. 1.6 seconds left…. looks like Hightower needs to make one, miss on purpose, etc.

Front end missed, rebound Margarita, they get an ncredible comeback win! 50-47.

I think one of the transfers is from St. Francis. Last name Washington 6"8" soph. Is he playing?
Dallas Washington was on the bench, but in street clothes. Great game. Tremendous comeback by SM, but Justin Sienna got sloppy with their passing in the last minute and turned it over twice in a row. Nessman will have trouble sleeping tonight.
Good to see Kiddman up there typing away. Means it’s hoops season!

Reactions: kiddman32
Give Up 14 straight in the last 3 minutes to lose by 3?????? 😳😳
It was truly an epic collapse.

As Kiddman mentioned in his play by play, Alec Blair of DLS has upped his game this season. As a sophomore, he was clearly the best player on the floor by far, both on defense & offense. Plus 6 dunks! He might have grown a little since last season, but he can get up!

Serra had a 6 point lead on CC late in the 3rd quarter, but frittered it away as CC controlled the 4th quarter.

Reactions: concrete17
How good is DLS! Wow. I mean to put that sort of smack down on a traditonally strong program. Although Justin lost, clearly they are going to be one of the better small teams this season in the state. This tournament will help them get better.

I hope to see Blair and Stojkavich match up at father Barry in a couple weeks

Reactions: observer22
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT