ADVERTISEMENT

Vontoure Classic!

Webster for a Sparty 3…. 35-28.

Blair drive, shot, miss, rebound, putback. Seen THAT movie before…. 35-30.

full-court bomb… MADE by Johnny Semany…. but didn’t get it off in time. 35-30 MC after 3.

Semany steal, drive, fouled to start the 4th. FT’s both missed…

MC drives and scores…. 37-30.

Fast break…. Pass to Semany, drives, scores…. fouled… and a T after! FT goes, another goes…. dunno how many he has…. FT goes again. 37-35. Time out, 6:11 left in the game.

Webster nails a J! Sparty ties it up at 37.

5:34 left, foul.. MC #13 at the line. First one goes, 2nd bounces out. 38-37. Semany drives from the top of the key, righty layup goes! And he’s fouled! FT good. 40-38.

Time out after near-travel by Sparty…. 40-38, 4:10 left.

Blair hits an elbow J…. 42-38.

MC fouled on a baseline drive, gets 2 shots…. First FT misses, 2nd one also.

Sparty with the rock and a 4-point lead…

Blair drives, gets swatted, MC ball.

GREAT pass, Blair to Voorhees for a layup…. 44-38. 1:26 left.

MC #21 hit a 3-ball to close to 44-41. 1:16 left, time out.

Blair drives, is cornered… passes out to I think Semany, takes a 3… BAM!! 47-41.

Odd incident…. A Serra player ran into a CC coach. Both pretty dinged up.

Both appear somewhat okay…. Player out, limping it off, coach still coaching. I have an idea it was a kne—to-knee thng.

23-17 CC, 4:53 left. Now 23-30 after a Serra corner 3. Serra player who banged the coach is back in…. 23-21 now, 2:53 left in the half.

Serra ties it with 2 FT’s…. Charging on CC follows.

SWAT of the night by Serra’s big guy Garret Keyhani. Still 23-all. 1:13 left in the half.

CC 3-ball goes,,, 48-47 CC.

Pass down low to Keyhani for 2.. 49-48. CC airball goes OB.

Serra 3 goes…. 52-48 Serra.

Turnover, CC. 3:14 left.

Keyhani offensive board, fouled on a putback try. First FT good, 2nd not. 53-48 Serra, CC has ball and time out. 2:11 left.

Play after time-out fails…. Serra ball, and fouled. 1 and 1. Both go… 55-48.

CC puts on a furious press…. gets one steal and bucket…. 55-50, but next time Serra fouled and to the line. Front end missed. CC gets a bucket…. 55-52, but Serr gets free on the break to score. 57-52. Extra buckets at the end result in a 59-55 Serra win.

Reactions: NorCalSportsFan
CC puts on a furious press…. gets one steal and bucket…. 55-50, but next time Serra fouled and to the line. Front end missed. CC gets a bucket…. 55-52, but Serr gets free on the break to score. 57-52. Extra buckets at the end result in a 59-55 Serra win.
So does this mean Serra has the advantage to go to the open or DLS. Sorry had to ask, hahahahaha. Hope to meet you one day. Appreciate all your posts on the games.

Any thoughts on the semi’s?
DLS vs newman?
serra vs palma?

i think i got that right.

Yup, those are the correct semi's.

I'll pick DLS and Serra to pick up wins tonight, but both games should be hard-fought...

Gym will likely be practically empty due to "some other event" occurring there at the same time... But the parking lot will NOT be empty. Anyone who wants to see the hoops action and not have to walk forever to get to their car after the games is advised to get there early... WAY early, like maybe during the first consolation game (starts at 3:30).

I just now noticed the games are earlier tonight, first one's at 2:15. Dunno why I missed that.. Getting ready to go as we speak... Shoulda known better, with the football game and all...

Yeah Folsom going to get an arse whoopin on the gridiron.

Kidmann
I’m saying
DLS 48
Newman 45

serra 51
Palma 44

low scoring tough games that will go to wire.

After watching them... Serra and DLS will be in the finals and Palma and Cardinal Newman will be vying for 3rd place. DLS and Serra should be a good game and Palma and CN probably a good one as well. Newman and Palma will have tougher time against DLS and Serra defenses. Serra also has more scorers than Palma and aggressive on defense. DLS defense may give Newman offense a tough time.

Last edited:
Reactions: larry legend33
Yeah Folsom going to get an arse whoopin on the gridiron.

Kidmann
I’m saying
DLS 48
Newman 45

serra 51
Palma 44

low scoring tough games that will go to wire.
Got em! I clearly said DLS vs Serra.
Imagine trolling others peoples post. You are a miserable person heat.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT