Los Gatos vs. Wilcox potential g=GOW
Mills vs. South of SF
Capuchino vs. Aragon
Branham vs. Silver Creek
Riordan vs. St. Francis
Delmar vs. Gunderson

Last edited:
League undefeated match-ups
Acalanes @ Las Lomas (likely a very competitive game. Last week there was 4 undefeated league mates in the Diablo-Foothill league, and after this week, there will be one left standing. Also, Las Lomas has a perfect season record on the line.)

Los Gatos @ Wilcox (Important playoff seeding ramifications)

Casa Grande @ Petaluma

Bishop O’Dowd @ Logan

Winters @ Colusa

St. Bernards’s @ Del Norte

Pittsburg @ Liberty (probably a gimme game)

Branham @ Silver Creek (might be a gimme game)

Summerville @ Sonora (probably a gimme game)

Contending league position
Rocklin @ Oak Ridge (There is no question which team is #1 in Sierra-Foothill, but some have reported that this game has playoff implications. It does not actually seem that way – but it is still interesting to see which team places 2nd in league.)

Riordan @ St. Francis (This is no question which team is #1 in WCAL, but can AR contend with SF for #2 in WCAL and create waves in the CCS playoffs?)

Woodside @ Los Altos (breaking a three-way tie in league)

Last edited:
I’ll be at Lincoln-Stockton to watch the streak continue. But, anticipate a closer game than expected because the Trojans nearly always play the Rams tough at home. But, still it will be tough for Lincoln to beat St. Mary’s.

Rocklin vs Oak Ridge
Manteca vs Oakdale

Should be some good ones for our pick’em.

Reactions: concrete17
I’ll be at Lincoln-Stockton to watch the streak continue. But, anticipate a closer game than expected because the Trojans nearly always play the Rams tough at home. But, still it will be tough for Lincoln to beat St. Mary’s.

Rocklin vs Oak Ridge
Manteca vs Oakdale

Should be some good ones for our pick’em.
Haha...... wouldn't expect otherwise. Salutations to your loyal sidekick,
Mrs bd magic.

Reactions: bulldogmgc
For me...

Grant 7-2 vs Laguna Creek 7-2
Oak Ridge 8-1 vs Rocklin 8-1
Christian Brothers 6-3 vs Vista del Lago 8-1
Vanden 7-2 vs Rodriguez 7-2
Manteca 6-3 vs Oakdale 7-2
Granite Bay 5-4 vs Folsom 7-2
Los Gatos 7-2 vs Wilcox 7-2
Roseville 7-2 vs Woodcreek 8-1

North Salinas vs Alisal is probably the best PCAL matchup. Winner will be in 2nd place in Mission South and guaranteed a playoff spot. Loser will be on the edge at large bid. But it is a Thursday game.

Palma Vs Salinas cold be a good consideration as well.

Riordan vs. St. Francis
Acalanes v Las Lomas
Rocklin vs. Oak Ridge
Los Gatos v Wilcox
North Salinas Alisal
Palma v Salinas
SHC v Bellarmine

Last edited:
Reactions: PatCarrillo
From the bottom of the D1 playoff bracket, one of the more interesting games in the Elk Grove-area is Pleasant Grove vs Sheldon.

Sheldon needs the win to qualify for the playoffs. If PG wins, then River City is probably in.

It's not going to shake up the division very much, but it will definitely be a big deal for the kids from Sheldon.

THIS WEEK WE ARE DOWN TO ELEVEN TEAMS AS UNDEFEATED, THIS IS ALSO THE WEEK THAT MANY TEAMS WILL SEE IF THEY QUALIFY FOR SEEDING OR LEAGUE PLACEMENT.
Portola 9-0 the Bulldogs visit Quincy 11-03..Twelve Bridges 9-0, Woodland Christian 9-0, Colusa 8-0 meets Winters for a tough one, Pittsburg 8-0 no threat, Las Lomas 8-0 meets Acalanes, the Don's are ready to beat Las Lomas. Marin Catholic 8-0 and San Marin8-0 meet on Sat. 11-4.Cardinal Newman 8-0, Clear Lake 8-0 meets Kellyville who is 6-2 and is a threat., EARLY, eL CERRITO MEET DLS AND LOST 31-12 AND NO LONGER UNDEFEATED.

THE GAME OF THE WEEK has five games that caught the interest....The first is Sonora visiting Summerville, both teams are 7-1..Sonora 28 Summerville 20, both teams are tough..
Manteca 6-3 at Oakdale7-2...This game will be at the Corral..The Mustangs are tough at home, but the Buffalo gave Central Catholic more then a battle and was a shocker loosing 39-35...Oakdale 34 Manteca 24, can Manteca do it again??
Rockland 8-1 at Oakridge 8-1...The Thunder has to be red hot with the passing game and the defense has to be rock solid to stop Oak Ridge...Rockland 38 Oak Ridge 27, no room for mistakes..
Acalanes at Lomas .....The Knights surprised Campolindo as a young team ready to do battle, but Against, Acalanes, this is a different game...The Dons are well prepared and they will win ....Acalanes 35 Lomas Lomas 26.
Clayton Valley visits California....Calif. has a home game advantage, they were shut out by SRV, but they know how to score and the defense will have to step a lot up to stop the Eagles..California 37 Clayton Valley 27

THE GAME OF THE WEEK has five games that caught the interest....The first is Sonora visiting Summerville, both teams are 7-1..Sonora 28 Summerville 20, both teams are tough..
Manteca 6-3 at Oakdale7-2...This game will be at the Corral..The Mustangs are tough at home, but the Buffalo gave Central Catholic more then a battle and was a shocker loosing 39-35...Oakdale 34 Manteca 24, can Manteca do it again??
Rockland 8-1 at Oakridge 8-1...The Thunder has to be red hot with the passing game and the defense has to be rock solid to stop Oak Ridge...Rockland 38 Oak Ridge 27, no room for mistakes..
Acalanes at Lomas .....The Knights surprised Campolindo as a young team ready to do battle, but Against, Acalanes, this is a different game...The Dons are well prepared and they will win ....Acalanes 35 Lomas Lomas 26.
Clayton Valley visits California....Calif. has a home game advantage, they were shut out by SRV, but they know how to score and the defense will have to step a lot up to stop the Eagles..California 37 Clayton Valley 27
I don’t see oak ridge giving up 38 points to Rocklin. Throw out Folsom and OR is giving up 15ppg. Granite bay only had 1 offensive TD. They’ve struggled with great QBs. (Pinnick and Lyons). I like Slone a lot and he’s only a soph so in time he will be very good but he’s not at those guys level yet. I think it’s more of a grind game in 20’s with OR having a lot of success on ground and Rocklin success in the air. I don’t see Rocklin having a lot of success on the ground against a very good front 7. Should be a good one.

Reactions: M.C. fan
I don’t see oak ridge giving up 38 points to Rocklin. Throw out Folsom and OR is giving up 15ppg. Granite bay only had 1 offensive TD. They’ve struggled with great QBs. (Pinnick and Lyons). I like Slone a lot and he’s only a soph so in time he will be very good but he’s not at those guys level yet. I think it’s more of a grind game in 20’s with OR having a lot of success on ground and Rocklin success in the air. I don’t see Rocklin having a lot of success on the ground against a very good front 7. Should be a good one.
OR did give up 35 points to Del Oro, and maybe Slone is not as good as Pinnick, but he has passed for 1702 yards and the Thunders passing game is respectable. The Thunder offense is very balanced with 1509 rushing yards. But, so is OR’s offense. I was surprised to learn that OR’s QB Graves-Mercado has 1803 yards passing. Although he does have 9 INTs for the year. Slone threw 3 of his 4 INTs for the year just last week vs GB. Both OR and Rocklin have respectable defenses, too. Last year, Rocklin beat OR in a very tight game, 21-17. I anticipate another very close game between these 2 teams and agree that I don’t see Rocklin scoring 38 points vs OR’s defense. Instead, I’m projecting a 24-21 final score. Just not sure yet which team is going to be the one scoring 24 and which one is scoring 21. Another coin flip for me.

Reactions: larry legend33
OR did give up 35 points to Del Oro, and maybe Slone is not as good as Pinnick, but he has passed for 1702 yards and the Thunders passing game is respectable. The Thunder offense is very balanced with 1509 rushing yards. But, so is OR’s offense. I was surprised to learn that OR’s QB Graves-Mercado has 1803 yards passing. Although he does have 9 INTs for the year. Slone threw 3 of his 4 INTs for the year just last week vs GB. Both OR and Rocklin have respectable defenses, too. Last year, Rocklin beat OR in a very tight game, 21-17. I anticipate another very close game between these 2 teams and agree that I don’t see Rocklin scoring 38 points vs OR’s defense. Instead, I’m projecting a 24-21 final score. Just not sure yet which team is going to be the one scoring 24 and which one is scoring 21. Another coin flip for me.
Agree on score in 20’s. Toss up to me as well.
Pinnick gave OR nightmares. He’s the biggest unicorn in the league and unless you have a pinnick I don’t see a lot of points. Even Folsom game was misleading as score was 14-14 in 4th before wheels came off.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT