ADVERTISEMENT

Will Chavarin

Cal Poly Pomona has done well the last couple years (maybe longer) recruiting the area.

Will's recruitment has puzzled me. Checks a lot of the physical boxes. Hasn't been the lead guy in HS, but played well this summer.

He should have a pretty good career there

Good fit for this kid. People often underestimate how good you have to be these days to play at UCSD, Chico, Pomona, etc these days. I follow this league very closely. Take a kid like Nikhil Peters who was a stud at DLS and now at Pomona. Many thought he would get some D1 looks. He is basically an 7-8th man type of Pomona. Very good role player. Pomona and Chico are basically perennial top 25 D2 programs.

Reactions: SimplyBBall
Totally agree @larry legend33. Just surprising some lower D1s don't take more chances on kids in their own region who seem to fit their levels.

Every recruitment is different, but this one, like Peters, surprises me

Good fit for this kid. People often underestimate how good you have to be these days to play at UCSD, Chico, Pomona, etc these days. I follow this league very closely. Take a kid like Nikhil Peters who was a stud at DLS and now at Pomona. Many thought he would get some D1 looks. He is basically an 7-8th man type of Pomona. Very good role player. Pomona and Chico are basically perennial top 25 D2 programs.
Pomona is D1 Competes in Big West. Chico is D2.

Cal Poly SLO is D1 in the Big West

Cal Poly Pomona is D2 in the CCAA

With his senior year about to start. And being able to play AAU as an unsigned senior. Im surprised by this move.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT