ADVERTISEMENT

Woodcreek Oaks-San Ramon Valley

Lol.....
18-17 San Ramon. At the half after drive by Keith Smith...,.good defensive game. Brown has skills in the post and a soft touch on the 12-15 feet footer. Good now and has a real shot at greatness, in my opinion.

Brown is really talented. Usually you don't see a kid that tall so young with that sort of coordination and skill. Will be scary to see how he could end up in a few years. Maybe Cousins taking some lessons on how to be a good teammate. Probably not.

RIPON, you are correct......

29-all headed to the fourth quarter. Brown and Blackwell have three fouls each...good game.

An ill-advised shot by Woodcreek's Malcolm Thomas with 12 seconds left in the third gives Smith an opportunity to score before the quarter expires to tie the game....and the Wolves go 8-1 on W.C. and now lead 37-29 with just over five minutes left.

Brown fouls out, but a trey reduces San Ramon's lead to six, 45-39......timeout with 1:04. Blackwell has been a non-factor...has just six points.

Thomas knocks down a three for W.Oaks and then Smith scores on a length of the court pass.....timeout, 35.2 seconds left, 47-42 San Ramon.

San Ramon advances after a 49-45 win. Fuca has 15 and Smith 12....Blackwell scores nine, Thomas 12, and frosh Brown goes 15 points and 18 boards in a losing cause.

What a big let down for Sac Area Basketball. Not one Area team in division 1 or 2 playing for a State Championship. And What is up with Sac High! If this was college management would sweep the broom clean. Known one likes a tease.

Wonderful feel good stories with Sheldon and WoodCreek, but in the end they didn't represent.

Thank God Folsom won at least the Section...Proving ultimately all along they were the team to beat!

Year in and out nobody has more talent than Sac High. Typically they have 3+ D1 players and a handful of excellent supporting cast. Mitty was way down this year. Way down. Pretty average guard play but Kennedy is up there with the best of them. That is the difference.

The big kid (Brown) is quite a talent. He's going to be fun to watch. Woodcreek made a great run. Nothing to be ashamed of.

It wasn't a great year in sac nothing to be shocked about. Sac hi has top 10 in the state talent but unfortunately it never materializes. Outside of O'dowd a down year in general for the north.

27-0 - I agree with you. We've been pretty lucky over the last x years to have some really good teams and players.
But I was thinking look at El Cerrito next year. They return 4 starters and a very good
Young player in gray. They are going to be really tough.

Great call on browns footwork. Not sure he's the athlete that a Rabb is but man
Is he skilled.

Moreau got exposed as a glorified AAU team but they have everyone back next year. They should be very good.

Best leagues in NorCal are EBAL and WCAL. Year after year they are playing at a high level in March.

WoodCreek unfortunately continues the trend of struggling with teams that have quicker guards who can get to the paint and create their own shot. Brown did all he could but San Ramon had good game plan of rotating 2 solid bigs on him the whole game. WoodCreek needed more players to put up numbers but it didn't happen. Also I hope I never hear people say "team A beat Team B, and Team B beat Team C, so team A will easily beat Team C. Basketball and most sports are a game of matchups. De la Salle was a good matchup for WoodCreek and San Ramon was less of a favorable matchup.

It's no secret that I am a big fan of the east bay teams and I can't help but point out how remarkable of a run this has been for San Ramon. They had initial struggles with De La Salle and Monte Vista and then they started to formulate into the team that we now see. And how about a first year coach who was not even looked at as the first hire back in the spring. Hearing the crowd yelling out to Botten had to be gratifying for him. Not bad for a rookie varsity coach and congrats to Smith, Fuca, Kosky, and the bigs as well as the rest of the Wolves on a spot in the state championship next week.
As mentioned in an earlier thread, two teams from EBAL are back to back D-1 champs and unless something changes I would say the Spartans could be the third straight team next year.

Yea the honeymoon is on with the new coach and SRV. How long will it last at that place. Not a lot of talent left in that program. There may be some very lean years coming. The parents have been powered..,which is always a little scary.

Nate - No disrespect here, just stating that my post was to acknowledge the accomplishments of a first year coach who went through more crap than most coaches would ever want to experience. The team respects and love him, clearly seen during the season in the games I watched. The future may or may not look bright but how many coaches can say they have a northern regional title or that they coached in the state title game, let alone in season one? Smith looks like he has a solid relationship with the guy and that has been key for the success of this team.
Not focusing on the future but I am just happy for this coach, team, and EBAL for what was done today.

Originally posted by eastbaytruth2:
Nate - No disrespect here, just stating that my post was to acknowledge the accomplishments of a first year coach who went through more crap than most coaches would ever want to experience. The team respects and love him, clearly seen during the season in the games I watched. The future may or may not look bright but how many coaches can say they have a northern regional title or that they coached in the state title game, let alone in season one? Smith looks like he has a solid relationship with the guy and that has been key for the success of this team.
Not focusing on the future but I am just happy for this coach, team, and EBAL for what was done today.
Ditto.....ebt-2. Two good posts......

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT