ADVERTISEMENT

WoodCreek VS De la salle

The intensity of DLS will be something Woodcreek hasn't experienced this year. If they can overcome that and handle the ball well (value possessions) I think this will be a very good game. Woodcreek has a few weapons that DLS hasn't seen either. Will be interesting to see if Nikhil Peters matches up with Blackwell. Peters has great size and is a very good defender. Blackwell is just a great player period. DLS will have a hard time with Brown. They have nobody like him on there roster.
I like DLS because they are at home.

DLS 53
Woodcreek 49

I agree, I think this game will be closer then people think. I have not seen DLS in person this year but I think this is a good matchup for WoodCreek. If Brown can stay home and not get sucked up to 3pt line on defense like he did in Sheldon matchup, then DLS could need to make their 3's to win.

Peters is a solid player, aggressive defender, but Blackwell is on a different level. Still and yet, DLS by 8.

When WoodCreek has struggled this year it's usually against quicker, smaller guards who can create their own shoot and attack rim, from what I have seen, that's not DLS game style, which could help WoodCreek keep it close

Woodcreek win's! Jordan Brown lights it up, Blackwell drove the ball well. Brown stayed home on defense, the back cuts were defended well and DLS fell in love with 3pt shot which they were ice cold most of the game. Depth wise this is one of the thinnest I have ever seen from DLS. Was disappointed by DLS crowd not a big turnout at all. Frank seemed less intense then normal, I didn't recognize most of DLS assistants seems like a lot of turnover in the last couple of years. The fact that DLS played as well as they have this yr with that roster shows Frank is still amoung the top coaches anywhere.

Congrats Woodcreek!

Looks like DLS had a bit of trouble with the SJS team...go figure!!
laugh.r191677.gif

With that Rodter? Most teams would love to have that roster with guys like Ratino, Peters & Romeo. udeni's little brother is going to be a stud too. All the talk over the summer was they were going to be the team to beat this year and how much better Ratino had gotten. Then they opened the season by taking down BOD in the foundation game and they were shoe-ins for the Open. Nick Jones had other ideas with his less accomplished roster and took them down x3. DLS was a very good team this year, but not up to their usual standards, and not because the cupboard was bare. And they did beat D1 NorCal finalist SRV twice this year.

Yes DLS has talent, but who were the scouts there to see last night? The fact is they don't have a legit big, they have undersized guards, and have little depth off the bench. I sat on the WoodCreek side and the feeling was "DLS dosnt pass the eyeball test" with a couple of exceptions. The fact that they beat O'Dowd (foundation game), San Ramon, Serra and played the #2 open seed team so close 3times shows what a coach Frank is. Also if somebody's little brother is going to become a player do you think Frank will have something to do with that?

Frank will have a lot to do with that if he continues to coach at the school. He's a great coach, one of the best in NorCal. DLS teams rarely pass the eye test, but they do usually pile up a lot of Ws. They had a great year, except for the 3 games vs MV and then last night. Nothing to get worried about. Their cupboard is anything but bare. Any coach in the EBAL except SRV would have loved to have DLS's roster.

Another thing re: DLS is their JV team, which may have been the best JV team I've ever seen.

Looked like they were about the same level as a run-of-the-mill varsity team, and three or four of these JV's would have been at least rotation players on most varsity squads. Most games they played were over by halftime, and I'm sure they'll be able to replace 2015 seniors with strong players moving up from the JV's next year.

Just another thought regarding any perceived "cupboard is bare" situation at DLS.

On the other hand, it seems like DLS has faded down the stretch every year since I moved back to Calif. in 2012. Could it be they're getting pushed too hard? I have seen them lifting rather heavy weights as late as an hour to 90 minutes before games... JV's and freshmen, too. Maybe they need to curtail that stuff a little as the season progresses.

Do other teams lift on game days?

Kiddman you are correct about the DLS JV team having a lot of talent. But they all are 5'10 to 6'1. Frosh team is exactly the same story. All 6'0 3 point shooters. I wonder why no big kids go to play at DLS? Could it be that their style of play is not conducive to developing big kids. They have the 6'5 post and the 6'3 big strong soph and I never saw them post up.

For a team that recruits all their players, you would think they would of just recruited a couple of 6'8 kids? lol, and some bigger guards and.......

If DLS recruited they would have way better players like that school in Hayward. The style of play at DLS doesn't exactley lure the athletes to Concord.

hoop is a way different beast than football. there is more of a need to convince a 6'5 or 6'6 eighth grader to think about playing high level high school basketball at DLS, especially when you run a Princeton system. Like barkley said I want my accountants from Princeton.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT