ADVERTISEMENT

2/7 EBAL games

togos

Sports Fanatic
Feb 16, 2014
Doughtery Valley @San Ramon =should be a good game, SR needs the win to have a chance for NCS. Doughtery should win and are on a nice streak. Too much quickness and better guard play should allow DV to prevail

CAL @Monte Vista
Both teams need a win and have to run the table. Look for MV to pound the ball inside like they did the first game. Cal will have to shoot better than the first game vs MV. Rust should have a field day inside.

DelaSalle @Amador Valley
Low scoring affair. Dela has too much defense and should cruise to a victory. I heard AV had two big men with crutches at their last game.

Livermore @Foothill
Foothill playing well and shooting the ball well from the perimeter. Easy win .

Granada @Dublin
Dublin will heat up the pressure defense in this game. Should be a track meet, both teams like to get up and run.

I believe the San ramon vs doughtery game will decide who is in 2nd place
In the north division for the league playoff spot.

DV @ SRV - game of the night in the EBAL. I'll take DV in close one due to their guard play, but both teams need a win to further their NCS chances so I expect neither team will go down quietly.

Cal @ MV. Loser of this one is officially eliminated from playoff consideration. I expect MV to pound it inside to get the victory. But if they don't keep the Grizzly shooters in check they could get surprised as Cal has been playing well of late.

DLS @ AV. DLS will grind out a 10 pt victory on the road.

Livermore @ Foothill. Foothill wins going away and the benches empty early.

Granada @ Dublin. This pace should favor Dublin by 20. Is Beasley back soon?

Doughtery Valley @ San Ramon - Winner will almost for sure win the #2 seed and will play Dublin in the 1st round and the loser will go home after the season is over. Dougherty Has De La Salle & Dublin remaining, don't see them pulling out a win vs. either so it needs to happen here. San Ramon is deeper and bigger then Dougherty which poses manly problems fro the Wildcats but Dougherty can play defense as well as anyone and there guard play with Srini back in the fold might make for another down to the wire game. Wolves pull it out and possibly OT.

CAL @ Monte Vista - This might end up being a very good team. Both teams have very little chance to play for in hopes of making NCS and both team are out of finishing in the top 2 of their league to advance into the playoffs. Mustangs at home are tough and Jones will find away to win and start building for next year. Khoo has done a nice job this year and I am hoping they continue to build it back up like it was under Wilson.

DelaSalle @ Amador Valley - If the Don's were healthy, this might be an upset or a very close game. The Spartans are fine tuning and the Don's are in trouble, especially with the way Foothill has been playing, I think that last spot won't be decided until Feb 14th.

Livermore @ Foothill - Falcons need to stay focused and on there game, Livermore is hungry and play hard so no room for error here.

Granada @ Dublin - The best coached team in the league vs. the worst coach in the league, Costello must manage his players minutes and keep them fresh for down the stretch, play hard for 16 minutes and should be able to coast for the other 16.

Huge game for Dougherty. Win and they likely punch their ticket to NCS. Lose and they would have to beat either DLS or Dublin which are both unlikely

Foothill 65 - Livermore 44.

It's clear that DLS and Dublin are the class of the EBAL, but neither team can relax. Dublin got knocked off by Foothill last week and only beat Granada by 7 tonight, while DLS squeaked by AV by 3 tonight and DV by just 5 recently.

Cal & Granada were both officially eliminated from playoff contention with their losses tonight, although both played well in spirited efforts.

AV needs 1 more win, and since they face Dublin Friday, they'll likely need to beat their arch rival Foothill next week in order to qualify. Likewise both SRV and MV need to run the table (they play Cal & Livermore Friday) and they face each other next week in the finale, so 1 for sure will not make it.

DLS, Dublin, DV & Foothill had already qualified and Livermore had already been eliminated.

Last edited:
Does Doughtery's win over san ramon lock them into an ncs berth and 2nd place
in the north division of ebal?

Does Doughtery's win over san ramon lock them into an ncs berth and 2nd place
in the north division of ebal?

They are 2 games up on SRV with 2 to play. However, DV's last 2 games are against DLS & Dublin and they likely lose both. SRV faces Cal and MV, both of whom they beat the first time around, so it is doable. DV & SRV split their 2 games this year, so it could come down to whatever the 2nd tiebreaker is for the EBAL playoffs.

Dougherty is now 13-11 overall and 7-4 in league. They will likely end up 13-13 and 7-6. SRV is 10-14 overall and 5-6 in league, if they win their next 2, they will be 12-14 and 7-6 in league. Whoever ends up 2nd in the North would likely lose to Dublin in the first round of EBAL championships leaving neither with a winning record, but NCS eligible. I would find it hard to believe that SRV would get in ahead of Dougherty barring a first round upset. It is possible neither get an NCS call.

Observer, at 13-11 AV has already qualified for NCS

"AV needs 1 more win, and since they face Dublin Friday, they'll likely need to beat their arch rival Foothill next week in order to qualify. Likewise both SRV and MV need to run the table (they play Cal & Livermore Friday) and they face each other next week in the finale, so 1 for sure will not make it.

DLS, Dublin, DV & Foothill had already qualified and Livermore had already been eliminated"

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT