ADVERTISEMENT

2nd high school coming to Dublin...

Just saw this interesting article about a 2nd high school coming to Dublin. The rate they are building houses on the east side of town by the Livermore outlets it doesn't surprise me. I imagine it'll be very similar to the Dougherty Valley demographics because the new developments are so close to one another.

http://patch.com/california/sanramo...m=schools&utm_campaign=recirc&utm_content=aol
With all the growth taking place in this area, I'm surprised that this hasn't taken place a lot sooner, and it would sure be nice to see some growth on the Livermore High side of the freeway so this school could get some new blood as the cowboy's are in the old part of town...The EBAL for the future looks even more interesting....

Working close to Dublin High for 30 years, it's clear the wheels of progress will move v e r y s l o w l y. Superintendent Hanke is retiring in June, and his successor will be hard pressed to find funds, especially as the newly, fully remodeled DHS can absorb many more than the current ~2500 students. There have been very vocal demands for a decade with the new residents (read tech driven) in east Dublin for their "own" high school right after they moved there, and it's demographically driven as well as logistically with travel. Current DHS is considered not to their standards, wishing to compete academically with their nearest neighbor Dougherty Valley. Simply explore "Quarry Lane School," the private located there and one can get a sense of what drives the area. QLS website shows a plethora of acceptances/attendees to the US's most prestigious Universities and while it show acceptances to most CSUs... there aren't any attendees there! East Dublin home builders there are very wary due to the downturn starting in 2008 and economic prognosticators are lukewarm predicting a boom anytime soon. . As far as FB, Wade can still enjoy the families who desire that, while the new HS (2025 I'd estimate for an opening) will be 1,000 students at D3/4 with lots of participants in individual sports with weak team sports. Think Logan vs. MSJ.

With all the growth taking place in this area, I'm surprised that this hasn't taken place a lot sooner, and it would sure be nice to see some growth on the Livermore High side of the freeway so this school could get some new blood as the cowboy's are in the old part of town...The EBAL for the future looks even more interesting....
East Livermore does have some new developments being built and there are some plans for more, nothing on the scale of what Dublin and San Ramon are doing. With the revitalized downtown it's a popular destination for young families and home buyers because it's slightly more affordable than the other tri-valley, 580/680 cities. If those young families stick around it's my opinion we'll athletics start to turn around at LHS in the near future.

Working close to Dublin High for 30 years, it's clear the wheels of progress will move v e r y s l o w l y. Superintendent Hanke is retiring in June, and his successor will be hard pressed to find funds, especially as the newly, fully remodeled DHS can absorb many more than the current ~2500 students. There have been very vocal demands for a decade with the new residents (read tech driven) in east Dublin for their "own" high school right after they moved there, and it's demographically driven as well as logistically with travel. Current DHS is considered not to their standards, wishing to compete academically with their nearest neighbor Dougherty Valley. Simply explore "Quarry Lane School," the private located there and one can get a sense of what drives the area. QLS website shows a plethora of acceptances/attendees to the US's most prestigious Universities and while it show acceptances to most CSUs... there aren't any attendees there! East Dublin home builders there are very wary due to the downturn starting in 2008 and economic prognosticators are lukewarm predicting a boom anytime soon. . As far as FB, Wade can still enjoy the families who desire that, while the new HS (2025 I'd estimate for an opening) will be 1,000 students at D3/4 with lots of participants in individual sports with weak team sports. Think Logan vs. MSJ.
Well said!

Will be interesting to see how DHS does in the EBAL next year. They best up Livermore in the past and had some close games with Amador. One thing for sure, the stands will be full.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT