ADVERTISEMENT

Alfred Hollins To Oregon State

Yes. OSU better get shit together. One more bad year and that coach is toast. They were awful this year. 1-17 in pac12. Hollins will sit behind the Thompsons.

Oregon State will take anyone. Good for Alfred, he'll be playing very good competition in the Pac12.

They have a good girls program. Nobody saying anything bad about the kid. The team was lousy. Can you accept that? Hopefully he can make them better. Kone was still not himself. He lost a good step or 2 and Tinkle was out most of the year after a great fresh season. Signing Thompson from BM was huge. That kid can flat out ball. Wilson is a project at this point. 7"1 kid takes up space. He can only improve.

The Beavers from time to time will put together very good teams as most recent with Gary Payton II. I remember reading a profile on Alfred when he was just entering high school that his dream was to play for UNC. Still could happen...

I think Oregon St would have still been there, but the other offers he was able to generate by playing at Hillcrest wouldn't have come. He had offers from LSU, DePaul and Virginia Tech those school dont usually recruit out west. That said it was a good move.

Reactions: 5MatchUp
Yes. OSU better get shit together. One more bad year and that coach is toast. They were awful this year. 1-17 in pac12. Hollins will sit behind the Thompsons.
OSU lost their best player, who happens to be the coach's son. Thompson is legit and for that matter so is Thompson from bishop Montgomery. They both will be filling it up at the guard position next year. Tres Tinkle can play the 3-4 and will be at least 2nd team all league next year. Kone is not great and their big man just graduated. They will be slim up front. But their guard play should rank amongst the best. i can see them vying for 4-6 in PAC 12 next year

OSU lost their best player, who happens to be the coach's son. Thompson is legit and for that matter so is Thompson from bishop Montgomery. They both will be filling it up at the guard position next year. Tres Tinkle can play the 3-4 and will be at least 2nd team all league next year. Kone is not great and their big man just graduated. They will be slim up front. But their guard play should rank amongst the best. i can see them vying for 4-6 in PAC 12 next year

Hard to say, he originally said he wanted to be a North Carolina Tarheel.

Things got off really bad for OSU with Tinkle's injuries. He had a great fresh season. I'm really high on the Thompsons and the younger one is better of the the 2. Kone is a screener and hustle guy. Hard worker. Eubanks is very solid in the middle. What they need is scoring. They struggled to find offense this year. Hopefully Hollins can fill that need.

I've been vocal on this before. Doesn't matter if he played for SHC, the school for the deaf, or Hillcrest. The offers would have still been there. The kid can play.

Things got off really bad for OSU with Tinkle's injuries. He had a great fresh season. I'm really high on the Thompsons and the younger one is better of the the 2. Kone is a screener and hustle guy. Hard worker. Eubanks is very solid in the middle. What they need is scoring. They struggled to find offense this year. Hopefully Hollins can fill that need.

I've been vocal on this before. Doesn't matter if he played for SHC, the school for the deaf, or Hillcrest. The offers would have still been there. The kid can play.

I'm also going to say, SHC's season would have been much better or Sean Mackey's rookie season would have been better with Hollins as well. Hollins himself won some games single handedly in 2015-2016. It's a moot point now, but the real test is to see him be the captain of the team and push them to the next level.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT