ADVERTISEMENT

All Time Top 25 High School Football Players

I love that shot of The Mad Stork putting fear in the heart of that QB who is about to ball up into the fetal position.

Reactions: concrete17
This list is heavily tilted toward the Midwest and East Coast. For the sake of some Bay Area balance, how about Dick Bass (Vallejo), OJ Simpson (Galileo), Marshawn Lynch (Oakland Tech), Dan Fouts (St. Ignatius), Ollie Matson (Washington-SF), Bob St. Clair (Poly-SF) and Tom Brady (Serra)? Tough to argue with any of those guys.

Last edited:
Reactions: concrete17
Let's add Jim Plunkett (James Lick) and Gino Marchetti (Antioch) as well. Would love to put Gary Beban (Sequoia) on the list but his NFL career was less than spectacular. Like Plunkett, he won a Heisman at UCLA.

Last edited:
Reactions: RunningRon
Let's add Jim Plunkett (James Lick) and Gino Marchetti (Antioch) as well. Would love to put Gary Beban (Sequoia) on the list but his NFL career was less than spectacular. Like Plunkett, he won a Heisman at UCLA.

Stanford not ucla

Let me start by saying I'm no DLS homer but John Madden once said DJ Williams is the first high school kid he had ever seen who could get drafted right to the pros

If we're talking pure success at the HS level, Tyreese Knox (Jefferson) and John Paye (Menlo). Also add Serra's Lynn Swann.

Last edited:
This article not quite accurate in that it should focus solely on what a player was like in high school. Example: I dare say Payton Manning's high school team would have been killed by DLS, and DJ Williams was surely a better all around high school star than Manning.

If we're talking pure success at the HS level, Tyreese Knox (Jefferson) and John Paye (Menlo). Also add Serra's Lynn Swann.
Swann is on the presented list. No need to add him again. And a big factor in making the list is a significant NFL career, in addition to HS and college.

Reactions: jordan24
This article not quite accurate in that it should focus solely on what a player was like in high school. Example: I dare say Payton Manning's high school team would have been killed by DLS, and DJ Williams was surely a better all around high school star than Manning.

Apologies M-j Junior........know it falls somewhere left of All Natural Pork Rinds and store bought cotton candy in terms of truth in advertising but I did give the disclaimer that it was a fluff article. Just some light reading while sitting astride the white throne.....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT