• Jay Butterfield

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Henry To'oto'o

Votes: 16 43.2%
  • Joe Ngata

Votes: 13 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just as I say that Buchanan stops the veer with their backs to the goal line with a nice hit and fumble recovery.

Ngata is a lock for the NFL. He’s #1 IMHO.

Nobody’s a lock to play in the nfl he’s not that fast and in college his size and speed will
Be more common to the collegiate players if he was a lock I’m sure he’d be atleast playing in the all American game

They rotate him on both sides of the ball. The D is having problems stopping the veer with or without him. Might as well use all his energy on offense and hope to go blow for blow with DLS. As it stands he looks like their only hope of scoring.

DJ Stevenson missed on a couple of wide open throws -- a couple slants with room to run and a backside drag when he got outside the pocket -- and DLS hasn't respected the pass since. They're crashing on Milton now. Stevenson has to hit on those to open things up.

Reactions: slick58
I think it's clear DLS is the superior team and will win. I just find it a treat to see a player like Milton go against a defense of this caliber. He's made 2 big plays -- one via run and one via a screen pass -- and it will be interesting to see if the Spartans allow anything else.

He's probably around 90 yard rushing with 2 TD's and 40-50 yards receiving at the half.

Stanford commit Brock Jones of Buchanan returns the 2nd half KO to the Spartans 28. A few plays later, Kendall Milton scores his 3rd rush TD of the game. 2-pt conversion draws the Bears to within 7.

28-21 DLS.

DLS held on for the 31-24 win. Buchanan's Kendall Milton scored all 3 Bears TD's. Dorian Hale of DLS had the best game I've seen him play thus far but didn't finish the game due injury.

The Bears will give Central-Fresno a run for D1 in the CS and looked like they could play with Folsom IMO.

Does anyone remember Tedi Bruschi. He has had the best success in the NFL. And a three sport HS star. Just pointing it out as others were talking about other local players

Reactions: ThunderRam
DLS held on for the 31-24 win. Buchanan's Kendall Milton scored all 3 Bears TD's. Dorian Hale of DLS had the best game I've seen him play thus far but didn't finish the game due injury.

The Bears will give Central-Fresno a run for D1 in the CS and looked like they could play with Folsom IMO.

Milton is impressive. Looked like he hurt a wheel too. Still went for 3 TD’s.

His first touchdown was beautifully blocked! Then it looked like they shot him out of a cannon. The screen he had for long yardage was nice too. I'm shocked they take him off the field on offense. Seems like they should leave him out there for decoy purposes at least. If Buchanan had a better passing game they could possibly have won that game. They're a good looking football team.

On another note DLS has to start improving every week to have a chance with MD or SJB. Kind of look like they took a step back after their big game with Gorman. That or Buchanan is just really good. Either way MD looked impressive tonight.

Last edited:
DLS shot themselves in the foot with a couple of turnovers, plus their qb going out with an injury in second half, or else it could have been something like 48-24. The Spartans just need to stop the turnovers and then they will at least be able to stay close in the State Open Game against one of the two Mass Transfer schools they will go up against.

Any chance that Buchanan could wind up playing Folsom in a State Game?

DLS shot themselves in the foot with a couple of turnovers, plus their qb going out with an injury in second half, or else it could have been something like 48-24. The Spartans just need to stop the turnovers and then they will at least be able to stay close in the State Open Game against one of the two Mass Transfer schools they will go up against.

Any chance that Buchanan could wind up playing Folsom in a State Game?

The playoff picture is murky at this point but I could very well see that Buchanan team facing Folsom. On the broadcast they stated Buchanan is ranked 3rd in their area so it’s not a given. Central was mentioned as a team standing in their way.

I never count out DLS but at this point I see a repeat of last season. MD and SJB look so good. DLS threw the ball last night which is a good thing. Their offense has to improve leaps and bounds to stand a chance.

Milton is impressive. Looked like he hurt a wheel too. Still went for 3 TD’s.

He came into the game dealing with a high ankle sprain. The homer announcers (they actually did a decent job considering they admitted to being 'dads' trying to do their best) credited cryotherapy as the reason he was able to play. But he aggravated the injury during the 2nd half and was playing both ways. I didn't see him at LB as much during the 2nd half and I think the ankle was why. He looked spent.

The playoff picture is murky at this point but I could very well see that Buchanan team facing Folsom. On the broadcast they stated Buchanan is ranked 3rd in their area so it’s not a given. Central was mentioned as a team standing in their way.

I never count out DLS but at this point I see a repeat of last season. MD and SJB look so good. DLS threw the ball last night which is a good thing. Their offense has to improve leaps and bounds to stand a chance.
At this point, I'm afraid DLS doesn't stand a chance against MD/SJB or others that might beat them in the playoffs.

On the broadcast they stated Buchanan is ranked 3rd in their area so it’s not a given. Central was mentioned as a team standing in their way.

Central smacked down Buchanan in the CS D1 Section Final last season (there's video available of that game on NFHS if you have a subscription). But I think the Bears are better than last season so it might be more of a toss up game. We'll see,

Reactions: slick58
He came into the game dealing with a high ankle sprain. The homer announcers (they actually did a decent job considering they admitted to being 'dads' trying to do their best) credited cryotherapy as the reason he was able to play. But he aggravated the injury during the 2nd half and was playing both ways. I didn't see him at LB as much during the 2nd half and I think the ankle was why. He looked spent.

Even more the reason not to play him on defense. He’s a heck of a ball player. Even more impressed he went into the game hurt. The way he hit the hole on his first td was vicious. Props to the blocking on that play. It was one of those rare instances where the play was executed perfectly as designed. The timing of the blocks, everything.

It was a good game.

At this point, I'm afraid DLS doesn't stand a chance against MD/SJB or others that might beat them in the playoffs.

Well, at this point in the season -- I have to agree with you.

Buchanan made lots of big plays on the Spartans defense -- including on special teams -- and had Sophomore QB DJ Stevenson had more accuracy and touch the Bears likely would have scored over 30 against them. We know that doesn't happen often but the Bears were a play away from it.

We know MD is much more potent than Buchanan or anyone else. Right now, it looks like the DLS defense would have a hard time keep MD under 30 with 40+ seeming quite possible.

The one big bright spot I see is the progress of Dorian Hale. DLS even toyed around with a 5 WR set in the spread last night. Hale threw some lasers last night and looked confident. If he's healthy and keeps improving, he's gonna cause problems for the defense. If defenses have to worry about getting hit over the top or even down the seam and on deep outs, that just open things up for the Spartans already vaunted rush attack. If that offense gets rolling via a multidimensional attack, they may be able to keep up and also shorten the game.

There’s so many talented players it’s hard to say. I was watching Johnson (Valley Christian, Texas) ball the other day and thought to myself how he wasn’t that hyped up on this board. He was talked about but he was one of many that were talked about to have potential at the next levels. My point is everyone on this list is legit. When they move onto the next levels that when we see separation. For now it’s a fun debate that will be answered in a couple years.

Ngata

Johnson just had a nice game in a big win over OU. 6 -81-1 td. Could of had a few more big catches if not for bad throws. Some of the throws were way off going out of bounds and he would still would go up and get it and come down with it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT