ADVERTISEMENT

Boys & Girls D2 Matchups

UncleYacht

Sports Fanatic
Mar 2, 2017
I'm on upset watch, and we are all missing out on the great banter that Agap, @winetot & @northbaybbguru would be bringing to the table. @larry legend33 who you like as your biggest upset? I agree CN boys have a decent match up. But I like CN girls, and MHS boys chances a lot more, Whitney is no joke!. #bringbackagap #onlyifhewasheshismouthoutwithsoap #othersbehavedbadlytoo

I'm really curious to see how CN comes out. I doubt they had any idea they would still be playing, so probably weren't practicing. So will be interesting to see if they are mentally into it, or if they had already moved on. Sure is a tough situation for them, unless they had an inkling that the playoffs would be expanded.

Reactions: UncleYacht
Its a scary game for Whitney. CN has nothing to lose and should play very loose. Lets face it CN should be home. This new format is a joke. Newman historically has played well against teams of similar athletic ability. Whitney isn't big or overly athletic but they are very good at a lot of things which is why they are 27-4. I would not be surprised if this is a close game. I'm going to try and make it.

I'm really curious to see how CN comes out. I doubt they had any idea they would still be playing, so probably weren't practicing. So will be interesting to see if they are mentally into it, or if they had already moved on. Sure is a tough situation for them, unless they had an inkling that the playoffs would be expanded.

I would imagine some of those kids had already moved on to track & field, and baseball. Lotta good athletes on that team! Probably had to get their jerseys back from Coach. Something to be said for a team that has nothing to lose, who knows, maybe the break was good for them? Some of the kids virtually play hoops year round now, maybe a chance for them breathe and grab a burger after school with their boys was exactly what the Dr. ordered. Worth the drive from the North Bay to Whitney? Probably!

Its a scary game for Whitney. CN has nothing to lose and should play very loose. Lets face it CN should be home. This new format is a joke. Newman historically has played well against teams of similar athletic ability. Whitney isn't big or overly athletic but they are very good at a lot of things which is why they are 27-4. I would not be surprised if this is a close game. I'm going to try and make it.
@Bob33 Something to be said for a team that doesn't appear to have many weaknesses, does a lot of things really well, and has above average athleticism. Whitney is that team from what I've seen. I wonder if conditioning will be an issue for CN after almost 2 weeks of no competition or practice. Tough to stay in "Basketball Shape" if you're not getting up an down the court for 12 plus hours a week! If that big kid from Serra ever realizes how dominant he could be, look out for that team next year!

Whitney is very good and I would think a 10 point favorite from seeing both of them play. But from Whitney angle you look and see a 25-4 opponent who is #15 seed and start to wonder what the heck? Newman scheduling wasn't good but I don't see any sort of lay down game either. I can't imagine any of those kids thought they were playing after that Tam loss in NCS so I'm sure some might have checked out but Bonfigli isn't like every coach. He will have them ready. And honestly I would say go out and have fun. Nothing to lose mentality. We shall see.

Definitely a scary game for Whitney, but French has been pretty good about not overlooking opponents this year. I would think he'll press hard and find out what kind of shape CN is in..

What a game! This is what HS sports is all about. Whitney is an excellent team. It wasn't there night. They never had control of this game and Newman hung on late for the win. Whitney only led 1x the entire night. Newman dominated the glass. Jashon Lewis was incredible for Whitney. Newman had no answers. I would guess he had 25 and 10.

Like people said all week. Really scary game for Whitney. In a series I would say whitney wins but it was only 1 game. Newman Not a traditional #15 seed at 26-4. Newman plays that good and they will be a tough out for anybody.

Refs were average both ways. Some really questionable calls. Lewis got fouled at end but it was a no call. But they missed a lot of calls both ways.

What happened to Tam against Burbank? Did I read that correctly> 80-36? WTF..... I told you D2 was crazy. Beyer beats Burbank last week and then gets routed by Whitney in section finals. Newman goes on the road and beats Whitney a #2 seed. Del Oro (who whitney beat) knocks off Odowd.. The list goes on.

Newman gets a date with maybe the best 15-13 team in the state. (serra) Going to be really tough for them with Serra's size and athleticism.

BTW, nobody is talking about San Joaquin Memorial but I want to say they have a couple of the best underclassmen in the country.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT