ADVERTISEMENT

CCS King's Academy star running back transfers to Oak Grove

Maybe Oak Grove is getting more talent again - has a rend shifted?. When Valley Christian moved to the hill a number of years ago, it was a drain on Oak Grove which was a perennial power in CCS. Maybe this is reversing. Washington is a very good RB and seems they have another kid that should emerge. OG never seems to be lacking at RB.

It is good for the CCS to have some public schools that can consistently challenge the WCAL teams. This is a big addition for Oak Grove

Reactions: Bubba3000
I think it's more of the change in coaching that hurt OG. I think hiring the ex OG guys as assistants really helped last year. That and Braun has a few more years under his belt. Buller was solid.

This will hurt TKA a bit, but they do have Amir's little bro coming in as freshman this year, and their QB is only going to be a Soph. They're still in the Ocean division for now they'll be ok.

Maurice went to middle school with the kids at OG and lives in the district. He is coming home. If they let him play next year this will be huge, with Misaalefua coming back to anchor the line and McGovern and Ryan coming back they will have some skilled and experienced guys on offense.

CCS still has to bless the transfer, don't they? Is this not, the definition of an athletically motivated transfer?

Reactions: Bubba3000
rabbit, if he went to middle school in the district and still lives there he would just be attending his local school as mentioned above. He would probably get the "sit out" since it is a transfer after he had participated on the varsity level at TKA. There are plenty of kids that punch out of privates and back to their home district for various reasons. I would say it would be pretty hard to define this as an athletically motivated transfer unless there was a clear violation of the coaches talking to him or his family but there is no indication that this has occurred.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT